Welcome to the 101st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Coronavirus update: Not out of the woods yet but certainly getting closer and closer. The statistics are pointing in the right direction. Stay resilient, stay calm. 🙏
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- China ‘owes us’: Growing outrage over Beijing’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic. (This narrative is only going to get stronger eventually crippling the chinese economy. Huge money to be made on the short side) 📉
- Amid mounting speculation, South Korea says Kim Jong Un is ‘alive and well’. (Where there is smoke, there is fire)
- What is billionaire hedge fund manager Phil Falcone up to? 🤔
- Branson offers Caribbean island to secure Virgin bailout. 🌴
- Google to cut $19 Billion marketing budgets by as much as half, directors warned of hiring freezes.
- Russia cuts key interest rate and slashes forecasts as coronavirus and oil price plunge take hold.
- World Economic Outlook, April 2020: Chapter 1. 📉
- The computer scientist who can’t stop telling stories.
- Facebook rolling out free video calling for up to 50 people.
- Why your brain is not a computer.🧠
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Discovered: Metabolic mechanism of Cytokine Storms.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psychedelic pharmaceutical MindMed develops LSD neutralizer technology to shorten and stop LSD trips. 🧠
- Lebanon passes legislation legalizing medical marijuana.
- Legendary environmentalist Dr. Jane Goodall launching hemp-derived brand.
- Virginia governor signs bill to regulate CBD in food.
- Are psychedelics our most promising new treatments for depression, anxiety, and addiction?
- Stero Biotechs announce an IP Protected Clinical Trial for COVID-19 patients using a CBD-steroid treatment.
- The incredible and (mostly) true story of Bruce and Michael Buffer.
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. 🌴🏡
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Harvard prof rides 17,000% return in a single stock to become a billionaire.
- Gap Inc. has stopped paying rent and will likely need to find more money within the next 12 months to stay operational.
- DraftKings (DKNG) shares up 10.3% on first day of trading on the NASDAQ. (we like this one, lots of upside)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -1.9% to 23,775. S&P 500 -1.3% to 2,837. Nasdaq -0.2% to 8,635.
Russell 2000 0.% to 1,229. CBOE Volatility Index -5.8% to 35.93.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -4.3%. Utilities -4.4%. Financials -4.5%. Telecom -1.1%. Healthcare -1.9%. Industrials -3.2%. Information Technology -2.8%. Materials -2.4%. Energy +1.5%. Consumer Discretionary -1.6%.
London -0.6% to 5,752. France -2.4% to 4,393. Germany -2.7% to 10,336. Japan -3.2% to 19,262. China -1.1% to 2,809. Hong Kong -2.3% to 23,831. India -0.8% to 31,327.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -6.5% to $17.09/bbl. Gold +2.5% to $1,741./oz. Natural Gas -2.% to 1.715.
Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 139.02.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.54%. USD/JPY -0.11%. GBP/USD -1.07%.
Bitcoin +7.1%. Litecoin +5.8%. Ethereum +10.2%. Ripple +3.%.
Top Stock Gainers
Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) +176%.
Peck Company Holdings (NASDAQ:PECK) +173%.
Energous (NASDAQ:WATT) +129%.
Mesoblast (NASDAQ:MESO) +126%.
Benitec Biopharma (NASDAQ:BNTC) +88%.
Top Stock Losers
Summit Wireless Technologies (NASDAQ:WISA) -54%.
Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CYCC) -36%.
Senes Tech (NASDAQ:SNES) -30%.
Invesco Mortgage Capital (NYSE:IVR) -28%.
Marlin Business Services (MRNL) -26%.
The earnings season ramps up next week with reports due out from tech heavyweights: Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “No matter how dark the night, somehow the sun rises once again and all shadows are chased away.” – David Matthews
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Serendipity (seh·ruhn·di·puh·tee) noun. – The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way: A fortunate stroke of serendipity.
❔ Did You Know:
- There may be a planet made out of diamonds 💎 Research by Yale University scientists suggests that a rocky planet called 55 Cancri e – which has a radius twice Earth’s, and a mass eight times greater – may have a surface made up of graphite and diamond. It’s 40 light years away but visible to the naked eye in the constellation of Cancer.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dr. Peter Attia: 3-day fasting, exogenous ketones, autophagy, and exercise for longevity. (As always, a great listen)
- Wouldn’t it be great if ageing could be delayed, stopped or even reversed? – Watch the BBC News documentary and find out.
Why Finland And Denmark Are Happier Than The U.S.– Is it the welfare? Is it the culture? Or is it something completely different?
- Perhaps one of the greatest investors of our time unearthing the economic impacts of the coronavirus.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Our favourite picks from author Robin Sharma:
- The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
- The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- Little Black Book for Stunning Success
- The Leader Who Had No Title
- The Mastery Manual
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Slowly but surely the economies of the world will be open for business soon. It will take some time, but things will get back to almost ”normal”. Keep a positive mindset. 😊
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team