Personal circumstances sparked my curiosity about Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). By extension, I started doing research on biotechnology companies focusing on AD drugs.
Late 2017, a biotech active in R&D for AD caught my eye: Anavex Life Sciences ($AVXL).
Anavex was entering stage II/III clinical trials.
Avanex´s stock price has a 52 week high/low of US$5.63/$2.18 with good liquidity of 700k daily on average. With the shares trading at the very low-end of the range, it looks like a great time to build a position.
What you should know about AD:
Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes memory, thinking and behavioral problems. AD will affect 1 in 3 people directly. Symptoms usually develop slowly and worsen over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. It’s an absolutely devastating disease.
To date, AD has no cure.
Why I like Anavex LS:
There are three reasons why I have high hopes for $AVXL
- First, their very impressive team of renowned doctors and scientists, led by Dr. Missling (MS, MBA and PhD in Chemistry). As we’re taught in 101 lessons on investing: “It’s not just about the idea, but the execution of it”.
- Second, Anavex deploys cutting-edge technology and precision genetic medicine focusing on neurological diseases with no available therapies. Their reports, targets and research models are well-thought-out, which aligns with the fact that they have reached phase II/III clinical trials.
- Third, with the stock trading at US$ 2.17, a market cap of only US$ 97M, and a short interest of 17% of the outstanding, with some positive results, the shares should explode upward. US$8.00 in the near term seems achievable.
Fundamentals and technicals point to a bullish picture for $AVXL over the coming year. (Nothing would make me happier than a drug to treat my beloved Grandma coming to market ?).
The risk/reward for buying $AVXL is very promising… Get long!
Dr. Anna Morera Leralta
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/annamoreraleralta
- Twitter: @MedTechpreneur
- Facebook: Facebook.com/annamoreraleralta
- Instagram: @AnnaDocpreneur