Welcome to the 200th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
This is a very special edition for us as it marks our 200th Weekly Bull Report. 🎊
We want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and engaging feedback. 🤗
Happy Mothers’ day to all of the incredible mothers out there.❤️
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- EU slams selection of John Lee as Hong Kong’s chief executive as ‘violation of democratic principles’. 🇭🇰
- Germany wants to attract chip makers with €14 billion euros state aid. 🇩🇪
- Macron vows to build ‘stronger France’ during second term as president (question remains: how?) 🤷♂️
- Argentina slams brake on crypto, banning purchases through banks. 🇦🇷
- Vicious blame game erupts among Putin’s security forces – no longer a united front. 🤬
- G7 leaders pledge to ban or phase out Russian oil imports. 🛢
- EU accuses Apple of abusing dominant position the way it runs Apple Pay. 🇪🇺
- Low growth and inflation increase to 4.8% poses risk of stagflation for France. 🇫🇷
- Global grain shortage, an opportunity for Argentina’s ‘green gold’ – exports could reach $41 billion this year. 🌾
- Closing the ‘escape valve’ – Venezuela pursues de-dollarisation in attempt to re-energize own currency, the Bolívar. 💹
- U.S. trade deficit jumps 22% and tops $100 billion for the first time ever. 💰
- U.S. productivity falls at fastest pace since 1947 and unit labor costs soar. 📉
- Nigerian airlines suspend flights over soaring jet fuel prices. ✈️
- Zimbabwe suspends all bank lending to stop speculation against Zimbabwean dollar – reintroduced local currency in 2019. 🚫
- Adoption of bitcoin as legal tender in Central African Republic raises suspicion of potentially dubious transactions. 🇨🇫
- The best anthem for Workers’ Day? ‘Stimela’ – a tale about apartheid’s migrant labor system. 🎙
- A 300-year-old Stradivarius violin played for ‘The Wizard of Oz’ could fetch $20 million at auction. 🎻
- Ancient Roman sculpture likely looted during WWII turns up at Texas Goodwill. 🏺
- Amateur archaeologist stumbles onto trove of coins dated to Constantine the Great’s reign. 🪙
- How Joseph Grimaldi invented the creepy clown. 🤡
- Historic graffiti made by soldiers sheds light on Africa’s maritime heritage. ⚓️
- Nigerian Jazz lovers want support to grow genre. 🎷
- A bite mark, a forensic dentist, a murder: How junk science ruins innocent lives. 🕵️♀️
- ‘Lives were being ruined’: The dark history of Girls Gone Wild. 👯♀️
- Striving for ‘Menstrual Equity,’ Oregon puts tampons in men’s bathrooms at public schools and colleges. 🚻
- Is there an afterlife? Here’s what he saw while he was ‘dead’. 👁
- Ichthyosaurs were no gentle giants. 🦕
- ‘Math neurons’ identified in the brain. 🧮
- Fifty years later, researchers unbox samples from Apollo 17. 🚀
- Treasure hunter unearths 2.38-carat ‘Frankenstone’ diamond. 💎
- Can you copyright a dress? 👗
- Starbucks plans a ‘global digital community’ around coffee with an NFT loyalty program. ☕️
- A team of researchers from Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the University of Connecticut (UConn) has 3D printed novel calcium phosphate graphene (CaPG) scaffolds that could be used for bone regeneration applications in the future. 🦴
- The future of bioprinting in medicine. 👩🔬
- Scientists develop experimental platform for “second quantum revolution”. 💥
- Strange rules of quantum mechanics could explain why DNA can spontaneously mutate. 🧬
- An experiment could confirm fifth state of matter in the universe – and change physics as we know it. ⚛️
- Bilayer graphene inspires two-universe cosmological model. 🔬
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Wear your heart on a chip – lab-grown heart chamber could help speed heart disease cures. 🫀
- A woman grew up without her left temporal lobe, which highlights how amazingly plastic the brain is. 🧠
- How antidepressants changed ideas about depression. 💊
- Sexually transmitted infections on 30-year rise worldwide. 📈
- New blood biomarker for predicting dementia before symptoms develop. 🩸
- Exposure to high static magnetic fields alleviated anxiety and improved both spatial and social memory. 🧲
- Study identifies the causes of cancer. 🔬
- 119-year-old loved sugary drinks—What was the secret to her longevity? 🧃
- Millions of Americans are taking drugs for depression and anxiety, but they aren’t getting better. 😟
- Obesity ‘epidemic’ leading to 1.2 million deaths a year in Europe, says WHO. 🇪🇺
- These upcoming cancer vaccines may prevent tumors before they appear. 💉
- RNA breakthrough offers potential heart attack cure. 🫀
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- ‘Magic’ mushrooms will be legal in Oregon next year. Only one fast-growing species is likely to make the cut. 🍄
- Cannabis and Cancer: What we know so far. 🌿
- Licensed marijuana sales in 2021 eclipsed coffee giant Starbucks. ☕️
- Hemp prosthetics for lost limbs. 🦿
- CannTrust renamed Phoena as firm rebuilds following scandals. ♻️
- Nantes beat Nice 1-0 to win French Cup final. 🇫🇷
- Sadio Mane overtakes Drogba’s CL record as Liverpool reach final. 🏃♂️
- South African tennis legend Kevin Anderson retires. 🎾
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle – Champions back on top after Sterling sparks rout. 🏟
- Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol: Mexican superstar suffers shock defeat by Russian champion. 🥊
- Olesen wins British Masters with sensational finish. 🏌️
- Leicester’s Heineken Champions Cup hopes ended by brilliant Leinster in 14-23 stand-off. 🏉
- 80-1 outsider Rich Strike secures shock Kentucky Derby win. 🏇
- Carlos Alcaraz celebrates historic Nadal-Djokovic double in Madrid. 🎾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund, Dubai’s Vy Capital help Elon Musk buy Twitter. 🐦
- Ford is selling 8 million shares of once high-flying EV maker Rivian, sources say. 📉
- Volkswagen boosts electric car investment in Spain to 10 billion euros. ⚡️
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Ridgeline Therapeutics 🔬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Longevity.Technology is fundraising for Ridgeline Therapeutics, a US biotechnology company, that is on a mission to reverse age-related decline in muscle strength, which is linked to lower quality of life and increased morbidity. 💪
Ridgeline’s NNMTi is slated to be the first FDA-approved drug to reverse declines in muscle strength; it is protected by a strong IP portfolio and will be delivered as a daily pill to restore muscle strength and function in the elderly. NNMTi demonstrates superior characteristics compared to competing therapeutics. 👩🔬
Preclinical safety and efficacy data have significantly de-risked IND filing and there is a clear path for expansion of clinical indication and clinical development; a fast FDA approval strategy will be employed by the team. ☑️
The experienced leadership team of successful entrepreneurs and scientists has secured $8.95 million in grant funding.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, May 9 – 3D Systems, Duke Energy (DUK), Lordstown Motors (RIDE), AMC Entertainment (AMC, Tyson Foods (TSN), Blue Apron (APRN), Coty (NYSE:COTY).
Tuesday, May 10 – Occidental Petroleum (OXY), Coinbase Global (COIN), Hyatt Hotels (H), Electronic Arts (EA), Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON),
Wednesday, May 11 – Disney, Rivian Automotive, Coupang (NYSE:CPNG), Wendy’s (WEN), Yeti Holdings (YETI).
Thursday, May 12 – Brookfield Asset Management (BAM), US Foods (USFD), Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQ:ACB), and Six Flags Entertainment (SIX).
Friday, May 13 – Honda Motor (HMC).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
The biggest wildcard in the IPO market in the week ahead is the lockup expiration for Rivian Automotive (RIVN). Close to 800M shares will be freed up to be sold by investors if they desire. That tally includes 100M shares of Rivian held by Ford (F) and 160M shares by Amazon (AMZN). The two companies own more than 28% of Rivian together and the fair market value of the electric vehicle maker is reported quarterly as part of their total profit or loss. In some cases, stocks rolling off a big IPO lockup rally over the following week with a major overhang removed. Other IPO lockup expirations of note cover certain blocks of shares of Hertz Global (NASDAQ:HTZ), Expensify (EXFY), CI&T Inc (CINT), Third Coast (TCBX), Society Pass (SOPA), Weave (WEAV), Backblaze (NASDAQ:BLZE), Lulu’s Fashion (NASDAQ:LVLU), Vaxxinity (NASDAQ:VAXX), Winc (WBEV), Kidpik (PIK) and Tivic Health Systems (TIVC). Meanwhile, analyst quiet periods expire on Excelerate Energy (EE), Applied Blockchain (APLD), and Genius Group (GNS).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -0.2% to 32,899. S&P 500 -0.2% to 4,123. Nasdaq -1.5% to 12,145. Russell 2000 -1.3% to 1,839. CBOE Volatility Index -9.6% to 30.19.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.5%. Utilities -4.%. Financials -2.2%. Telecom -1.2%. Healthcare -0.4%. Industrials +0.2%. Information Technology +1.7%. Materials -0.3%. Energy +8.6%. Consumer Discretionary +4.%.
London -2.1% to 7,388. France -4.2% to 6,258. Germany -3.% to 13,674. Japan +0.6% to 27,004. China -1.5% to 3,002. Hong Kong -5.2% to 20,002. India -3.9% to 54,836.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +5.7% to $110.61/bbl. Gold -1.5% to $1,882.8/oz. Natural Gas +10.2% to 7.981. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +7.% to 3.14.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.07%. USD/JPY +0.57%. GBP/USD -1.79%. Bitcoin -6.8%. Litecoin -4.5%. Ethereum -4.5%. XRP -2.2%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
EPAM Systems, (EPAM) +31%. Albemarle (ALB) +26%. Devon Energy (DVN) +20%. Occidental Petroleum (OXY) +18%. Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) +16%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Under Armour (UA) -31%. Expedia Group (EXPE) -24%. DISH Network (DISH) -22%. Illumina (ILMN) -16%. Rockwell Automation (ROK) -15%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $30 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“If you want the rainbow, you have to deal with the rain.”
– Augustus Caesar.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Exonerate | uhg·zaa·nr·ayt |, verb [with object]:
- (of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing: “An inquiry exonerated those involved” | “They should exonerate these men from this crime”.
- (exonerate someone from) release someone from (a duty or obligation): “Pope Clement V exonerated the king from his oath to the barons”.
❔ Did You Know:
Pigeons can tell the difference between Picasso and Monet. A 1995 study shows that the birds can differentiate between the two artists.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams – by Matthew Walker.
- The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt’s New World – by Andrea Wulf.
- Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic – by Sam Quinones.
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World – And Why Things Are Better Than You Think – by Hans Rosling.
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today. 📊
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Energy balance, nutrition, & building muscle | Dr. Peter Attia and Dr. Layne Norton, Ph.D. 💪🥗
- Biologist and genetics expert Dr. David Sinclair is out to prove he can live past 100 years old, and he thinks you can too. 🧬
📆 Upcoming Events:
Join Juvenescence on the 10th of May, for a Master Investor webinar, Investing in the Future of Longevity – the Ketone Chapter.
May 10, 2022 | London | 5pm BST (12pm EST)
The webinar, which features a live Q&A, will explain the science and value of ketosis and features Dr. Stubbs and other world-leading academics, who will join Jim Mellon and Greg Bailey to discuss the science, the potential, and the returns that can be expected.
- Jeff will be in Dubai, from May 11 to 19. To meet him or book a meeting kindly email email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.