Welcome to the 10th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Business in the UK says government indecision over Brexit is leading to ‘significant slowdown’ in investment.
- On Friday, China accused the United States of starting “the biggest trade war in economic history” as the two sides imposed steep new tariffs on tens of billions of dollars of each other’s exports.
- Warren Buffet: If you invest this way, you can’t miss.
- New research by the UK National Oceanographic Centre (NOC) says rising sea levels could cost the world $14 trillion a year by 2100.
- A heat wave is hitting the U.S. with many places seeing temperatures in the triple digits. It’s thanks to a “heat dome,” a high-pressure system with extreme humidity – which makes the oppressive temperatures feel even hotter. In the meantime, wildfires continue to burn throughout the western U.S.
- In a move towards a more sustainability, Seattle becomes the first major U.S. city to Ban Plastic Straws.
- 12 boys and their soccer coach were found alive after being trapped in a Thailand cave following unexpectedly high flooding. Yesterday, in the first rescue attempt, four kids were safely removed from the cave, leaving 8 kids and their football coach still trapped.
- This AI analyzes ash to figure out the cause of a volcanic eruption.
- Tech giant Dell Technologies is going public again, 5 years after going private. Has enough changed is meantime?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Scientists have developed an artificial neural network out of DNA that can recognize highly complex and noisy molecular information.
- Scientists in Tel Aviv discover that compounds found in green tea and red wine may block formation of toxic metabolites, raising hope of treating certain inborn congenital metabolic diseases.
- There’s a new list of the world’s most expensive cities to live in, and it does not include any in the United States. See the top-five here.
- The Great Tech Panic: Technology is transforming our lives so profoundly, Tech experts discuss what you should (and shouldn’t) worry about
- LeBron James signs a four-year, $153.3 million deal with the L.A Lakers.
- A Chinese court sentenced former American football player Wendell Brown to four years in prison Thursday for being involved in a bar fight, a punishment his lawyer and activists called excessive.
- World Cup Russia 2018 is down to the final 4 teams. With the semi finals beginning on Tuesday, here’s a quick overview of each of the teams.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” –
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – J.K Rowling
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Interview to Todd Harrison, Chief Investment Officer of CB1 Capital, fund which focuses only on cannabinoid-based solutions and biopharmaceutical applications and therapies. Discover the panacea marijuana can become, and the reasons to be bullish about it. Link to the podcast here.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup – by John Carryerou
The forensic and compelling inside story of the rise and fall of biotech startup Theranos, the company which scammed Silicon Valley. Uncover the ethical oversight and controversies of what should have been “The Lab of the Future”.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
It seems like AI facial recognition has a ways to go…
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
Thank you all,
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.