Welcome to the 11th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Spain’s main conservative party believes the government should utilize blockchain to operate the country’s public administration more efficiently.
- President Donald Trump has jolted the NATO summit in Brussels by turning a spotlight on Germany’s ties to Russia and openly questioning the value of the military alliance that has defined American foreign policy for decades
- German court authorises extradition of Catalan fugitive ex-leader Carles Puigdemont on the charge of misuse of public funds.
- Sea level rises are not some distant threat; for many Americans they are very real. Florida is about to be wiped off the map.
- Personal loans surge to a record high.
- Households earning US$ 117,000 a year now qualify as “low income” in three California counties, according to new federal data.
- Multimillion-dollar lawsuits, a haze of booze and hash, a marriage gone very wrong and a lifestyle he can’t afford – Inside the trials of Johnny Depp.
- Tim Berners-Lee, the man who created the World Wide Web, has some regrets…
- How 20-year-old built a US$900 million fortune in less than 3 years
- A Chinese Artificial Intelligence system beats human doctors in neuroimaging recognition contest, guessing 87% of diagnoses. So does Babylon, who claims its chatbot gets better marks than GPs at medical exams.
- Inside the effort to 3D-print lungs and breathe life into them with stem cells. The company United wants to end transplant shortages.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Medical cannabis prescriptions could be made in UK within weeks. An expert panel already accepting doctors’ applications for licences.
- Cambridge University nanotech researchers are exploring the commercial potential of an intelligent loo which captures massive levels of key data.
- Faulty studies mean everything you know about nutrition is wrong. When reading scientific articles, we must pay attention to detail and watch for conflicts of interests.
- What the Sun is made of and when it will die. Scientists have discovered the standard solar model really does have opacity wrong.
- Scientists discover the world’s oldest colour: Bright pink. Pigments found in 1.1bn-year-old rocks shed light on ‘major puzzle’ about early life.
- The ‘Big Bang’ of Alzheimer’s: Scientists identify the genesis of the disease and focus efforts on deadly shape-shifting tau protein.
- Like numbers? We’ll tell you everything you wanted to know about the but were afraid to ask: Click here.
- An ancient clay slab believed to date from 3rd century AD discovered near ancient city of Olympia may be earliest extract of epic Homer poem Odyssey.
- After a month of fantastic football, we have a FIFA World Cup 2018 winner.
- All the 2018 Wimbledon results.
- Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has signed for Juventus from Real Madrid in a deal worth €112M
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity.” – Jean de la Bruyère
- “There is only one boss; the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”
– Sam Walton, Founder of Walmart
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- A five-minute video to watch: Metacognition & Self-Confidence – The Big Picture.
- A podcast to listen: Alive Time vs. Dead Time – Conversation with Robert Greene.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Powerful points in short chapters without any fluff or filler. A book that should be in every investor’s hand.
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @sixfootcandy: Stops eating carbs and loses 25 pounds in 3 months. Starts eating carbs and gains 25 pounds in 3 days.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! 🍀
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.
P.P.S. Have you thought of starting your very own newsletter? Try Revue for free for 30 days by signing up here.