Welcome to the 12th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The top takeaways from the Trump-Putin Helsinki summit.
- A second referendum on Brexit could actually happen.
- The death of truth – How we gave up on facts.
- Blackstone’s new president Jonathan Gray believes China and the US will eventually resolve their trade conflict.
- A new scientific study shows non-religious countries experience greater economic growth.
- The European Commission slapped Google with a record fine of 4.34 Billion Euros over antitrust violations.
- Ancient tools and bones discovered in China by archaeologists suggest early humans left Africa and arrived in Asia earlier than previously thought.
- We may have moved one step closer to designer babies as a an independent U.K.-based organization that analyzes and reports on ethical issues in biology and medicine released a report concluding that editing human embryos, sperm, or eggs is “morally permissible”.
- Fortune’s 2018 40 Under 40: the annual ranking of the most influential young people in business.
- From hunks of iron streaking through the sky, to the construction of skyscrapers and megastructures, this is the history of the world’s greatest alloy: Steel.
- Boston Dynamics’ SpotMini robot could be delivering your next package.
- Airbus’ whale-sized plane, the BelugaXL, successfully took its maiden voyage.
- Rolls-Royce is building cockroach-like robots to fix plane engines.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive chemical found in the marijuana and hemp plants, has become the latest ingredient to invade New York’s wellness space.
- A magnetic wire used to snag scarce and hard-to-capture tumor cells could prove to be a swift and effective tactic for early cancer detection, according to a new study.
- New research suggests that a mother’s microbiome during pregnancy plays a critical role in determining the risk developing autism-spectrum disorders.
- July 27, a blood moon will glow an eerie red ahead of the longest lunar eclipse that Earth will experience in the 21st century. Scientist say we should look up at the moon every night – not just during the eclipse.
- China’s ‘Old Godmother’ Tao Huabi, creator of Lao Gan Ma, is China’s hottest businesswoman.
- For the first time in 17 years, HBO is not the most nominated production company at the Emmys. And so begins the Netflix era.
- Archaeologists discover bread that predates agriculture by 4,000 years.
- Forbes have compiled a list of the World’s 50 most valuable sports teams of 2018.
- Francesco Molinari wins the 2018 Open Championship at Carnoustie after a stunning birdie on 18th.
- German football star Mesut Ozil quits playing for his national team after making accusation of racism.
? Noteworthy Stocks:
- Afterpay Touch Group Ltd – ASX: ($APT)
- Netflix ($NFLX) – Shares take a big haircut after missing on new subscriber forecast.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the need for thought.” – Henri Poincaré
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- All about cryptocurrencies and blockchain, easily explained in a podcast: Paul Vigna on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency.
- How To Have Better Political Conversations – Robb Willer. As a social psychologist, he researches how moral values — typically a source of division — can also be used to bring people together.
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Match King: Ivar Kreuger, the Financial Genius Behind a Century of Wall Street Scandals – by Frank Partnoy.
The incredible true story of Ivar Kreuger, “the financial genius behind a century of Wall Street scandals”.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @BobTheSuit: You with the shopping cart at the drugstore. You’re doing it wrong.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.
P.P.S. Have you thought of starting your very own newsletter? Try Revue for free for 30 days by signing up here.