Welcome to the 13th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- French President, Emmanuel Macron says he takes the blame over the Benalla scandal.
- U.S. President Donald Trump expressed disbelief that his longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen taped conversations with him, a day after an audio recording of a conversation between the two men was aired on U.S. television.
- For U.S. pot companies, Canada is the land of opportunity.
- Plutonium is missing, but the government says nothing.
- A global biodiversity collapse is imminent unless we take urgent, concerted action to reverse species loss in the tropics, according to a major scientific study.
- Chinese citizens are using blockchain to warn each other of unsafe vaccines.
- Parents who refuse to call their newborns “girls” or “boys” are leading the gender revolution.
- Sandy Hook parents blast Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg in emotional open letter.
- This wearable controller lets you pilot a drone with your body.
- What a Cyber 9/11 would mean for the U.S.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- There’s a huge subterranean lake of liquid water on Mars, raising the potential for alien life.
- Online portal of thousands of clinical trials could aid disease research.
- Scientists reverse aging-associated skin wrinkles and hair loss in a mouse model.
- It took thousands of years for humans to breed a pea-sized fruit into a beautiful beefsteak tomato. Now, with CRISPR – gene editing, scientists can speed up nature.
- Who owns the moon? Did the Stars and Stripes on the moon signify the establishment of an American colony?
- A very interesting article discussing the new culture war happening in Germany.
- Tour de France steps up fight against motorised doping.
- The IOC is mulling adding video gaming to The Olympics. A former Olympian on why she and athletes like her believe that might run counter to the values of the Games
- LeBron James opens up about his move to The L.A Lakers for the first time.
? Noteworthy Stocks and Assets:
- Winklevi Twins rejected again by SEC for their Bitcoin ETF.
- Facebook reported its second quarter earnings Wednesday and the results, which were worse than expected, sent the company’s stock into free fall.
- Zillow, ($ZG) – Look out below.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking” – Marcus Aurelius.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- How AI is making it easier to diagnose disease. TED Fellow Pratik Shah is working on a clever system to drastically reduce the amount of data needed to train an AI, making diagnoses low-cost and more effective.
- Masters in Business: How to Uncover a Massive Tech Scam. The story of how Elizabeth Holmes dropped out of Stanford University after her freshman year to launch blood-testing start up Theranos did not make much sense.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Mao’s Great Famine: The History of China’s Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958-1962 -by Frank Dikotter.
One of the most jarring and consequential events that many people in the west simply haven’t really learned about. You can’t understand the present version of capitalism blended with socialism and authoritarianism without grasping what came before it.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @kentwgraham: What does it mean when you hear your therapist snap a pencil in two?
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.
P.P.S. Have you thought of starting your very own newsletter? Try Revue for free for 30 days by signing up here.