Welcome to the 18th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Labor Day to our friends in the USA and Canada. ???
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- President Trump has been personally lobbying GOP senators to flip on Attorney General Jeff Sessions. More here.
- Who needs democracy when you have data? Here’s how China rules using data, AI, and internet surveillance.
- The hedge-fund manager Bill Browder has offered a fable for why the West should confront Putin. (audio available)
- The ‘latino factor’ will save America’s economy. More here.
- Emerging markets fall as Argentine peso plunges to record low.
- The man who sold America on Vitamin D – And profited in the process.
- Amazon’s cashier-free stores are going national, and it might just change the future of retail.
- Over the past decade, salaries for hospital CEOs have risen much faster than for surgeons, physicians, and nurses, reports a new study
- Skim reading is the new normal. The effect on society is profound.
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence could run the world better than humans ever could.
- President Trump forced to unblock dozens of Twitter users after court ruling. More here.
- Elon Musk claims a Tesla Semi Prototype drove “across the country alone”.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Secret tunnels discovered between the skull and the brain. Read here.
- According to a new study from King’s College London, just one dose of CBD can reduce abnormal brain function in people with psychosis.
- Cannabis entrepreneurs and investors ask for more Science.
- Urban planners aim to eliminate slums – With computer programs. More here.
- The conventional wisdom is that morning people are high achievers, go-getters, while late risers are lazy. Maybe your sleep problem isn’t a problem.
- STDs hit record high. Resistant gonorrhea emerges.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins UEFA goal of the season award. But wait, check out this goal from yesterday – Insane!
- Serena Williams‘ badass black body suit is now banned from the French Open.
- Week 2 of the US Open Tennis, official website here.
? Noteworthy Stocks and Assets:
- Lululemon shares continue to move much higher, a double so far this year. ($LULU) $155
- Canadian marijuana stocks are smoking hot right now. Canopy Growth ($CGC) is up over 80% in 2018. Cronos Group‘s ($CRON) share price has more than doubled this year and Tilray ($TLRY), which conducted its IPO in July, has seen its stock skyrocket more than 170%. Is another multi billion dollar investment by one of the big beverage companies just around the corner – we think so.
- Yippy continues to be one of our microcap favorites trading at only $0.20 ($YIPI) – We see a very significant rally ahead.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl
- “I am not who you think I am; I am not who I think I am; I am who I think you think I am.” – Thomas Cooley
? Word Of The Week:
- Ken – Noun: Range of what one can know or understand. For sure you are wondering how would I ever use the word? ”After further reading the novel, the ken of the antagonist’s motive to harm the protagonist became clear.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: You can use CBD (an extract from the cannabis plant) to reduce under-eye puffiness and help soothe your sunburn, as CBD boasts anti-inflammatory properties when applied topically, and inflammation is to blame for the vast majority of skin issues, including rashes, psoriasis, and yep, puffy eyes.
- On this day in history: September 3, 1783, the Treaty of Paris was signed. The American Revolution officially comes to an end when representatives of the United States, Great Britain, Spain and France sign the Treaty of Paris.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Brexit: Two years in 26 minutes – Christopher Hope sits down with the Telegraph’s Political Editor, Gordon Rayner, and its Europe Editor, Peter Foster, to make sense of the past two years of Brexit.
- New Frontier Data’s Chief Intelligence Officer, John Kagia, and Director of Hemp Analytics, Sean Murphy, team up with Bluebird Botanical’s Science Director, Lex Pelger, to deliver a powerful webinar on CBD – Listen here.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel – Rolf Potts. Veteran travel writer Rolf Potts explains how anyone armed with an independent spirit can achieve the dream of extended overseas travel.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @RyannHartley: Flight got delayed two times and if Delta thought a bag of complimentary Cheez-its was going to win me over they were completely right.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Wednesday, Dr. Anna will publish a piece on treating opioid addiction using CBD.
P.P.S. Have you thought of starting your very own newsletter? Try Revue for free for 30 days by signing up here.