Welcome to the 128th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
It’s official (according to the media), Biden will become the new U.S. President. (Trump Jr. will run in 2024).
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Democrats suffer big losses in state legislatures during a crucial year for redistricting.
- Trump and Biden’s roller-coaster betting odds tell the tale of an unpredictable election.
- Unemployment drops to 6.9% and US adds a solid 638,000 jobs.
- The world’s largest surveillance system is growing—and so is the backlash.
- Early big-game hunters of the Americas were female.
- Revisiting Atlas Shrugged.
- Sean Connery, an icon of effortlessness. RIP
- Game show host Alex Trebek, the face of ‘Jeopardy!’, dies at 80. RIP
- What South Pole scientists can teach us about surviving a long, dark COVID-19 winter.
- Make America healthy again by paying more attention to nutrition.
- This scientist believes aging is optional.?
- Is Japan ready to embrace CBD?
- A breakdown of the rapidly growing Chinese EV market – $NIO, $LI, $XPEV.
- At the first lab-grown meat restaurant, you can eat a ‘cultured chicken’ sandwich.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Google’s sister company didn’t succeed in search for depression biomarker.
- Proinflammatory dietary pattern linked to higher CV risk.
- How cannabis-based therapeutics could help fight COVID inflammation.
- How to prepare for the coming Mental Health Pandemic.
- The epigenetic secrets behind dopamine, drug addiction and depression.
- How your brain identifies an aroma from its minute molecular traces is a marvel.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- ‘A tipping point’: Psychedelics, cannabis win big across the country on election night.
- Aphria to buy U.S. craft brewer in US$300-million deal that may help with expansion. ?
- CBD for seniors: Best practices for winning over an emerging market.
- All about cannabis trichomes, the incredible chemical factories of marijuana.
- ‘Magic’ mushrooms could do four times more for long-term depression than anti-depressants.
- Persisting reductions in cannabis, opiod, and stimulant misuse after naturalistic psychedelic use.
- Diego Maradona’s brain surgery successful, in recovery. ⚽
- Even if you’re asymptomatic, COVID-19 can harm your heart, study shows – here’s what student athletes need to know.
- 2020 Breeders’ Cup Classic: Authentic outduels Improbable to claim $6 million prize at Keeneland. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- GW Pharma shares rally on earnings and news of late-stage trial of cannabis-based treatment for MS patients.
- China stops Jack Ma’s $35bn Ant IPO from going ahead. (something smells here?)
- Macau’s Gambling Industry: Buy before the gains are gone.
- US Government seizes $1 Billion in Sik Road Bitcoin.
- Fiverr (NYSE: FVRR) – Invest in the growth of the gig economy with Fiverr. (52 week high-low: $19 – $191)?
- Marijuana stocks surge as investors bet on a more weed-friendly US.
- Bitcoin on a tear Fresh off celebrating its 12th white paper anniversary, Bitcoin (BTC-USD) soared to the highest level since January 2018, nearly touching $16,000.
This Past Week in the Markets:
Dow +6.9% to 28,323. S&P 500 +7.3% to 3,509. Nasdaq +9.0% to 11,895. Russell 2000 +7.1% to 1,647. CBOE Volatility Index -34.6% to 24.86.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +4.6%. Utilities +2.8%. Financials +4.5%. Telecom +7.6%. Healthcare +8.3%. Industrials +7.2%. Information Technology +9.7%. Materials +7.6%. Energy +0.8%. Consumer Discretionary +7.4%.
London +6.% to 5,910. France +8.% to 4,961. Germany +8.% to 12,480. Japan +5.9% to 24,325. China +2.7% to 3,312. Hong Kong +6.7% to 25,713. India +5.8% to 41,893.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.7% to $37.46/bbl. Gold +3.8% to $1,952.1/oz. Natural Gas -13.7% to 2.893. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.3% to 138.57.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.94%. USD/JPY -1.22%. GBP/USD +1.68%. Bitcoin +12.8%. Litecoin +13.4%. Ethereum +18.7%. Ripple +11.%.
Top Stock Gainers
Aptevo Therapeutics (NASDAQ:APVO) +267%. Altus Midstream (NASDAQ:ALTM) +203%. Oncternal Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCT) +153%. Aurora Cannabis (NYSE:ACB) +142%. Superior Industries International (NYSE:SUP) +90%.
Top Stock Losers
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ:ASMB) -67%. KBL Merger IV (NASDAQ:KBLM) -54%. Equillium (NASDAQ:EQ) -30%. Repro-Med Systems (NASDAQ:KRMD) -28%. Global Blood Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GBT) -28%.
Upcoming This Week:
McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND) and Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) on November 9; D.R. Horton (NYSE:DHI), Tencent Music (NYSE:TME) and Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) on November 10; Adient (NYSE:ADNT) and Green Thumb Industries (OTCQX:GTBIF) on November 11; Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Disney (NYSE:DIS), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) and Tencent (OTCPK:TCEHY) on November 12; DraftKings (NASDAQ: DKNG) and Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) on November 13.
New IPO pricing in the week ahead: IN8bio (INAB) and Inhibikase Therapeutics (NASDAQ:IKT) on November 9. Meanwhile, Airbnb (AIRB) is expected to open its books to investors ahead of the company’s highly-anticipated IPO. Airbnb is aiming to raise as much as $3B in the offering on the Nasdaq, which would be one of the largest listings of the year.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) (financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2020 and provide a review of recent accomplishments and upcoming milestones, on Monday, November 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. ET)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass … it’s about learning to dance in the rain! – Vivian Greene
? Word Of The Week:
Frugal; Frugality adj. Economical with regard to money or food. Simple and plain that costs very little: “A frugal meal.”
❔ Did You Know:
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Goldman Sachs interviews: Howard Schultz, Chairman Emeritus of Starbucks Coffee. ☕
- The neuroscience of psychedelic drugs, music, and nostalgia.
- Mary Cosimano – Psilocybin, love and the meaning of life.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Leave the World Behind, by Rumaan Alam
- Boys of Alabama, by Genevieve Hudson
- The Jetsetters, by Amanda Eyre Ward
- Golden Gates: Fighting for Housing in America, by Conor Dougherty
- This Is Big: How the Founder of Weight Watchers Changed the World – and Me, by Marisa Meltzer
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
? Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team