Welcome to the 22nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report. 📰
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- At U.N., U.S. at odds with China, Russia over North Korea sanctions. More here.
- Trump explicitly backs two-state solution to Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Read here.
- FBI probe is the next battle in war over Kavanaugh. More on the investigation.
- Oil prices have hit a four-year high of over $81 a barrel after Saudi Arabia and Russia rejected calls by Trump to increase production. More here. 🛢
- Home prices drop, ending bull run of 28 months as world’s priciest market reaches tipping point. The bubble. 🏡
- Social media has been designed to game your psychology. Ethical design could change that. More here.
- The 17 most striking moments from the Kavanaugh hearing. Read about here. 👨⚖️
- A 60-year-old woman with an MBA now brings in millions selling cannabis candies. Her success story.🍬
- Music streaming giant Spotify will now create a personal playlist for you based on your DNA. Find out how. 🎶
- A mind-bending new suit straps onto your torso, ankles and wrists, then uses actuators to translate audio into vivid vibration. More here.
- Facebook faces class-action lawsuit over massive new hack. The fallout.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Electrical stimulation helped a man with paralysed legs to walk again. Read this amazing story.
- Octopuses given MDMA reveal genetic link to evolution of social behaviours in humans. Read here. 🐙
- Doctors use poetry. This is how.
- Twitter will update its rules to prohibit ‘dehumanizing language’. Read here.
- Greenland’s glaciers are melting faster than expected. See them in 360°.
- Europe celebrated regaining the Ryder Cup on Sunday. Check out how. ⛳
- After 45 years, more than 1,000 fights and some of the most lucrative and disputed matches of all time, HBO is throwing in the towel on professional boxing. Find out why.
- Luka Modric and Marta named players of the year at Best Fifa Awards. Find out why. ⚽
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- SEC sues Elon Musk for fraud. He steps down as Tesla’s chairman in settlement. The resolution here.
- Our 2 big cap favourite shorts, Zillow ($ZG) and Snap ($SNAP) continue to move southbound.
- Dr. Anna has been extremely busy on the medicinal cannabis front ($WUHN) – feel free to engage with her at: email@example.com 👩🔬
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Ever tried, ever failed. No matter. Try again, fail again, fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Bloviate – Verb: Talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way. Synonym: Spiel.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. ✂
- On this day in history: October 1, 1949 – In Beijing, with most of the Chinese mainland held by the communist, leader Mao Zedong proclaimed the establishment of the People’s Republic of China.
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Scott Galloway – Full Video: Code Commerce. The NYU professor and Gartner L2 founder spoke at the Recode conference on Sept. 17, 2018.
- ‘Big, big, big’ beverage brands have come knocking on CannTrust‘s door, CEO Brad Rogers says. Watch the interview.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Perfectionist: How Precision Engineers Created the Modern World
By Simon Winchester
Ideal for all those engineering geeks out there. We can guarantee you will enjoy, to a tolerance of 0.0000001.
- Bad Advice: Or Why Celebrities, Politicians, and Activists Aren’t Your Best Source of Health Information
By Paul Offit
This is an informative (and funny) look at why crazy health advice and conspiracy theories are so compelling, and sound (but unsexy) science has so much trouble breaking through. In a world where many people look to social media for health information, this book communicates science, sense and humor to the public.
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @NoahGarfinkel: ”Flies… you gotta pick a direction. This is insane.”
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! 🍀
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna