Welcome to the 24th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days… ?
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Kanye West defends support for President Trump, in front of President Trump. Read here.
- As Brexit talks progress, UK PM May struggles to find support at home. Find out why. ???????
- Could a 2024 presidential run be in store for Nikki Haley?
- China is dramatically cutting US oil imports, analyst says, even though it’s not on tariff list. Read here.
- Mortgage rates in the US hit their highest level in more than seven years this week at nearly 5%. More here. ?
- When the next recession hits: The government has less flexibility to address a financial crisis. More here from the Economist.
- In an era of fact-checking and ‘alternative facts,’ private information helps fake news fool the public. Read here.
- Google didn’t report its data leak until months later. Now it will face the consequences. More on the leak.
- No cash needed at this cafe. Students pay the tab with their personal data. See how. ☕
- It’s easy to hack an entire generation of military weapons. Find out how.
- Engineers develop process to 3-D print cells to produce human tissue such as ligaments and tendons. More on this new innovation.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Planned intermittent fasting may help reverse type 2 diabetes, suggest doctors. Learn more.
- “Nuclear Pasta” may be the Universe’s strongest material. Discover this material.
- Vitamin D supplements don’t improve bone health, major study finds.
- A doctor’s prescription: Data may finally be good for your health.
- Manhattan’s district attorney has decided to drop part of the criminal case against Harvey Weinstein. Discover why.
- How self-love got out of control. ?
- NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick called for further protests against racial injustice, after he received a prestigious award for his contributions to black history and culture. Find out more.
- World record holder and eight-time Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt scored two goals for A – League side Central Coast Mariners in a trial game. See the goals.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- GW Pharma raises $300 million at $158 per share.
- A wealth management point of view on Blockchain and Bitcoin.
- No. 1 Wall Street pot analyst says the marijuana market will be much bigger than she first thought.
- Canopy Growth ($CGC) CEO Bruce Linton says cannabis could disrupt a $500 Billion market. Read and watch here.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
? Word Of The Week:
- Crapulous – Adjective: marked by intemperance especially in eating or drinking; sick from excessive indulgence in liquor. ??
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: A 2009 search for the Loch Ness Monster came up empty. Scientists did find over 100,000 golf balls. ⛳
- On this day in history: October 15, 1846 – American dentist Dr. William Thomas Green Morton publicly demonstrated the use of inhaled ether as a surgical anesthetic.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading:
- If Our Bodies Could Talk: Operating and Maintaining a Human Body
By James Hamblin
It tackles common health issues, themes, misconceptions, and conspiracies in easy-to-understand, accessible, quippy language.
- Proof: The Science of Booze
By Adam Rogers
From botany to biology to chemistry and on, each chapter explains the science of alcohol. Of course, the last chapter covers hangovers.
- Failure: Why Science Is So Successful
By Stuart Firestein
This book delves into the history and applications of failure in science, and explains why failure is an integral part of the scientific process. It will likely make your head nod more than a few times as you relate to experiences both mentioned in the book and from your own personal experience.
? Feel Good Monday:
- Here’s how you weigh a baby giraffe. ?
- Scuba diving Magazine’s 2018 underwater photo contest winners. ?
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @JillKrajewski: ”Live your life with the enthusiasm of Bruce Springsteen counting to 4″
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna