Welcome to the 25th edition of The Weekly Bull Report. 🗞
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Trump threatens to send military, shut border as migrants head for Mexico. Discover what was said.
- Brexit: Five things that happened at the EU Brussels summit. Read more.
- Mark Warner is coming for Tech’s too-powerful. This is what the senator from Virginia says.
- China’s economic growth hits nine-year low. Find out what caused it.
- Silicon Valley is awash with Saudi money. Here’s what they’re investing in. 💸
- A Chinese city plans to replace its streetlights with an artificial moon. Find out more.🌓
- Kids health outcomes have more to do with parents level of education than income. Read the study. 🚸
- Mammals cannot evolve fast enough to escape current extinction crisis. More here.
- What I loved About Paul Allen 1953 – 2018 RIP – by Bill Gates.
- 60 years and counting. Find out what NASA has in store for the coming decade. 🌌
- EBay sues Amazon for systematically poaching sellers. Find out why.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- New study shows how aerobic exercise has antidepressant treatment effects for patients with major depression. Read more.
- The smartphone app that can tell you’re depressed before you know it yourself, just as Facebook language predicts depression in medical records. Learn how.
- CBD oil helps overcome depression (this is how). And it can improve your sex life read here.
- Canada becomes only the second country to legalize recreational cannabis. Read more. The same week the drug becomes legal in Canada, political party organizes forum to support decriminalizing cultivation, sale and consumption in Spain. 🌿
- Inside the wild world of betting on climate change. Discover here.
- Networking for nerds. The tactics. 🤝
- Canelo Alvarez signs ‘highest-paid guaranteed contract in sports history’ with streaming service DAZN. Discover how much. 💰
- How Paris is turning itself into a sporting mecca. Discover how.
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The impact of Canada’s marijuana legalization on American stocks.
- Supermicro stock fell 50% after a bombshell Bloomberg report that China tried using its servers to spy on Apple. Nearly 30 US companies affected.
- Cannabis capitalism: who is making money in the marijuana industry?
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Synergy – Noun: The interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: After OutKast sang “Shake it like a Polaroid picture,” Polaroid released a statement that said, “Shaking or waving can actually damage the image.”
- On this day in history: October 22, 1883 – New York’s original Metropolitan Opera House had its grand opening with a performance of the opera “Faust”.
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street – By Sheelah Kolhatkar
This is a book about a theatrically unjailable billionaire whose $15 billion hedge fund pleaded guilty to sweeping securities fraud. But its most compelling thread is a biotech story about two men and a failed Alzheimer’s drug. Their relationship begins in friendship before turning disquietingly familial and ending with one man testifying against the other.
- The Juggler’s Children: A Journey into Family, Legend and the Genes that Bind Us – By Carolyn Abraham
The author, a first-rate science writer, sets out to put the genetic advances she was chronicling to work in a bid to solve a family riddle.
👌 Feel Good Monday:
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @ConanOBrien: Now that Canada has legalized marijuana, maybe Canadians will finally mellow out.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! 🍀
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna