Welcome to our 7th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
A short list of some of the content that we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Latest updates about the historic Trump-Kim summit: U.S. President says deal with North Korea will save tens of millions people from potential nuclear war.
- San Francisco just elected its first African American woman mayor, London Breed.
- Spanish Royal House member to go to jail. Justice has spoken: The King’s brother-in-law will spend six years in a black-hole, for fraud.
- Cheap Carbon Capture technology might make our climate goals possible. Read here.
- As trends move from console to PC and mobile device gaming, Microsoft is positioning itself to potentially become the Netflix of online gaming in the long term.
- Bitcoin’s price was artificially inflated.
- Microsoft is working on technology that would eliminate cashiers and checkout lines from stores, as it looks to take on Amazon and its new Amazon Go stores.
MEDICINE / SCIENCE
- Bartenders and cooks have long recognized the value of an orange twist, but thanks to researchers at the University of Central Florida, squeezing oranges may give us a new way to deliver medicine or to detect bridge failures before they happen.
- Highly publicized Mediterranean diet study was flawed… Now the original work has been retracted and re-analyzed, with the same result.
- New printing technique could be used to develop remotely controlled biomedical devices.
- Are genetic testing sites the new social networks?
- Antarctica is melting three times faster than a decade ago, thus sea levels are increasing.
- World Cup Russia 2018 kicked off Thursday. This years competition is set to generate a record breaking $6.1 Billion for FIFA.
- Rafael Nadal wins French Open for the 11th time.
? Quotes We Like:
- ”In baseball and in business, there are three types of people. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “I only know one thing, and that is I know nothing” – Socrates
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- A very interesting Ted Talk discussing the creative benefits one can get from mundane daily tasks. How boredom can lead to your most brilliant ideas by Manoush Zomorodi.
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes is a groundbreaking, eye-opening expose that makes the convincing case that sugar is the tobacco of the new millennium.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @ConanOBrien: Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream.
Our best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
Thank you all,
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna