Welcome to our 8th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
A short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- As Donald Trump lambasted Justin Trudeau for being “weak” and “dishonest”, here is an interesting article looking at the time US and Canada almost went to war.
- Five Latin American countries are trying a humanitarian legal manoeuvre to change America’s treatment of families at the border. Now what?
- As impact of burgeoning trade war between US and China spreads, the Chinese media says US has ‘delusions’.
- The Canadian Parliament passed a law legalising cannabis use for recreational purposes, making it only the second country in the world to do so.
In a landmark decision by authorities, Iranian women were allowed to attend their first World Cup screening in nearly 40 years.
- Newly inducted princess Meghan Markle‘s dad opens up about the royal wedding in very honest interview.
- Had you invested $1000 into Netflix shares ($NFLX) in 2007 it would now be worth $126,000, a very remarkable 126x return. Will the run last? More here.
- Another South Korean cryptocurrency exchange was targeted by hackers, this time they managed to steal $32 Million.
- Some of the biggest tech and transport companies have come together to develop a standardized digital car key.
MEDICINE / SCIENCE
- Drinking baking soda could be an inexpensive, safe way to combat autoimmune disease.
- More good news for coffee lovers as a new study shows that the amount of caffeine found in 4 cups of coffee protects the heart.
- What was previously contained to sci-fi movies is coming to reality as researchers develop electronic skin that lets amputees feel pain through their prosthetics.
- In Western Nepal, a taboo is leading to the death of young girls.
- Here’s a list of the 100 most-watched YouTube videos of all times.
- How to spot a perfect fake work of art.
Argentina are on the brink of a World Cup exit: Where did it go wrong?
- Phil Mickelson admitted that he is “embarrassed” and “sorry” after he has some time to reflect on his US Open controversy.
💬 Quotes We Like:
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Phillip Fisher
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Billionaire fund manager Ray Dalio and his new 30 minute video: ”Principles for Success” – A must watch.
- Another great Barry Ritholtz interview and podcast here with retired CEO Cal Turner of Dollar General. ($DG)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
”Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” – Greg McKeown
Learn to say no more often…Less is truly more.
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
@DamienFahey: Billion dollar idea: An app that sends you a text when the light turns green.
So wrong, so right. Our phones are an extension of our arms, nowadays.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! 🍀
Thank you all,
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.