Welcome to our 9th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
A short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- A 28-year-old Democratic Socialist just ousted a powerful, 10-term congressman in New York, in the most shocking upset of a rollicking US political season.
- U.S. plans to restrict Chinese investment in U.S. tech companies.
- 72% of Americans polled believe Facebook and Twitter censor their political views.
- Geologists from Utah State University detail likely site of San Andreas Fault’s next major quake.
- Margaret Thatcher’s favourite free-market think tank has called on the UK government to legalize cannabis, calling it a “win-win-win”.
- Amazon launched its Delivery Service Partner (DSP) program, which will encourage entrepreneurs to start small Amazon delivery companies.
- Boeing designs a new concept aircraft to fly passengers at hypersonic speeds.
- Bill Gates says Elon Musk’s team of gamer bots beating a team of humans at complex computer game Dota 2 is a “huge milestone” in A.I.
- Home prices in the US jumped by 6.6% in the past year, with double-digit increases in Seattle, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
- At $1.4 Trillion (no typo), college student debt is the second-largest household liability after mortgages, and bigger than either auto loan or credit card debt.
MEDICINE / SCIENCE
- The FDA approved a new CBD-based drug, used to treat epilepsy. This is the first approved medication containing a pure derivative of marijuana.
- Scientist are refining a process that could soon help provide clean water to many in water-scarce regions.
- Scientists find evidence of complex organic molecules from one of Saturn’s moons.
- Akon to build new city in Senegal with own cryptocurrency called AKoin.
- Winners of the 2018 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contest
- Wimbledon starts today. Former champ Andy Murray had to withdraw today as he failed to recover from a hip injury.
- Fifa World Cup 2018 continues to shine with all teams being a force. Find all results and updates here. Defending champions Germany were knocked out by South Korea.
- He was ‘Japan’s David Beckham.‘ But at 29, Hidetoshi Nakata gave it up. Here’s why.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “When you are offended by any man’s fault, turn to yourself and study your failings. Then you will forget your anger.” – Epictetus
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Sociologist Alice Goffman gives an interesting Ted Talk discussing how the United States has two institutions guide teenagers on the journey to adulthood: – How we’re priming some kids for college – and others for prison.
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg is a New York Times best seller that explores the science behind habit creation and reformation. A great read with some great advice.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @gregcartin: I will never be comfortable with a waiter not writing down my order.
Wishing our friends from Canada a very happy Canada Day and our friends from the US a remarkable July 4th Independence Day.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
Thank you all,
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Summer is here and that means peak travel season. Earn extra bucks and meet new people by listing your place on Airbnb.
P.P.S Next week we will have 2 reports for you: