Welcome to the 195th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Biden’s policies will bring about a full-blown global recession. 🤔
The Russian Ruble is back to where it was before the war. 🤔
Markets will turn north as mid-term elections will be a blowout for Republicans. 🤔
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Is China helping Russia hide money? 💰
- Biden’s job approval falls to lowest level of his presidency. 👎
- No Rubles, no gas: What is behind Putin’s payment demand? ⛽️
- UN Security Council voted unanimously on creating new African Union-led peacekeeping force in Somalia. 🕊
- More than 400 civilians reported dead in Mali as result of fighting jihadists groups linked to Al-Qaeda and extremists Islamic State. 🇲🇱
- U.S. student loan debtors pushing for cancellation now that the payment pause is set to end. 🚫
- Workers at New York warehouse voted 55% in favor of joining Amazon Labor Union – forcing the tech giant to recognize a trade union in the U.S. for the first time. 👷
- Activists mobilise over Hungary election fraud fears as PM Viktor Orban is seeking fourth straight term. 🗳
- Taliban chief orders ‘strict’ ban on opium poppy cultivation – a move likely to further impoverish Afghans. 🌹
- Federal Reserve may begin trimming its balance sheet as soon as May. 📉
- Fed study blames huge spending bills, not Putin, for high U.S. inflation. 🧾
- President Joe Biden’s 40-year-high inflation will cost American households on average an extra $5,200 in 2022. 💵
- German inflation hits highest level since fall of Berlin Wall, growth forecasts cut in half. 📈
- German chemical giant warns of “Total Collapse” if Russian gas supply cut. ⚠️
- Record slump in German investor morale raises spectre of EU recession. 🐻
- South Africa’s credit outlook upgraded by Moody’s. ⬆️
- Biggest housing affordability shock in history incoming. 🏡
- Lumber prices fall 22% in March as housing market cools on soaring mortgage rates. 🪵
- Egypt’s currency loses 17% of its value as foreign investors pulled out billions of dollars from its treasury markets following invasion of Ukraine. 🇪🇬
- 2022 Oscars go down as the second least-watched ever. 🏆
- Of strong winds, heavy hearts, and Joseph Shabalala telling the South African story. 🇿🇦
- 2022 Grammys: What Fela Kuti has to do with West Africa’s growing pop fame. 🎤
- A slap, followed by a duel – dueling was dangerous, ritualized, and may have been means of proving one’s social and economic capital. 🤺
- Landscape painting that was thought to be by pupil of Rembrandt confirmed to be work of the Dutch master himself. 🖼
- A glimpse into the homes of noteworthy artists and writers. 🎭
- Spiral dating back to the Neolithic period continues to lend itself to interpretation. 🤔
- Digging up the rich Viking history of Britain. 🏴
- How to have less stuff. 👕
- How do birds stay upright when they are sleeping? 🦩
- People underestimate others’ desire for constructive feedback. 💁♀️
- Why groundwater is one of our most precious resources. 💧
- Purpose-driven creators: The ethical beauty boom. 🎥
- A 2021 shortage of Hyacinth bulbs brings to mind the long and storied history of its botanical and economic import. 🌷
- Anyone in the market for a yacht? Russian oligarchs losing control of their most pleasant means of transportation: Multimillion-dollar yachts. 🛥
- Russians stage ‘funeral’ for sanctioned Western goods. 🪦
- USC Viterbi researchers have developed a 3D printing technique to fabricate microfluidic devices for biomedical applications at a microscale not previously possible. 🖨
- Robots of the future should be programmed to explain what they’re doing and why. 🤖
- Hubble telescope spots the most distant star ever detected in outer space: Earendel. 🔭
- Facebook bug led to increased views of harmful content over six months. 🐛
- Solar panels, made from food waste, produce energy without sunlight. ♻️
- Radical new ‘Flying-V plane’ aims to transform flight. 🛩
- I stayed in a luxury 3D-printed home in Austin, Texas and I’m now convinced the tech is the future of home construction. 🏡
- Data leak from Russian delivery app shows dining habits of the secret police. 👮♀️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The history of ‘Modern’ antibiotics. 💊
- Scientists develop coated probiotics that could be effectively delivered into the human gut. 🧪
- Scientists develop the largest, most detailed model of the early universe to date. ⚛️
- Diabetes drug Metformin is linked to increase in birth defects in boys. 👼
- The significance of female-derived cell models in biomedical research. 🧫
- Insect Futures – From farm to table, to pharmacy. 🐜
- Deep Longevity – extending longevity and increasing human performance. 🧬
- COVID-19’s severe impacts on the brain – even in people that did not experience serious respiratory symptoms. 🦠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cresco Labs to buy Columbia Care in $2 billion cannabis deal. 💰
- Ketamine infusions support alcohol abstinence among patients with alcohol use disorder. 🥃
- ‘It’s not medical’: Oregon wrestles with how to offer psychedelics outside the health care system. 🥊
- Aiming high: Africa’s cannabis future. 🌍
- CBD may help boost cognitive performance in gamers. 🎮
- Pabst Labs opens cannabis-focused beverage factory, triples capacity for THC-infused drinks. 🍹
- Beyond mental health, psychedelic benefits may extend to health and wellness. 🧘♀️
- Can magic mushrooms be used to treat racial trauma? 🍄
- 4 reasons why psychedelics may play a big role in the future of mental health treatment. 🩺
- A radical approach to psychedelics and mental health. 👩⚕️
- Yale researchers study ketamine as potential treatment for depression in patients with Parkinson’s disease. 🔬
- It’s time to start studying the downside of psychedelics. 🧐
- Rational inattention in mice. 🐭
- New research explores whether therapeutic psychedelics can fix ‘Biophobia’. 👩🔬
- Beyond psilocybin: These mushrooms may offer brain-boosting compounds. 🧪
- Engineering to neuroscience: Meditation, psychedelics, and unlocking the mysteries of the brain. 🧠
- The Brave New World of legalized psychedelics is already here. 🙌
- NFL to require all 32 teams to hire minority offensive assistant coach for 2022 season. 🏈
- Senegal ends Egypt’s dream for Qatar 2022 World Cup. 🇸🇳
- NBA: Los Angeles Lakers beaten by New Orleans Pelicans in ‘must-win’ game. 🏀
- World Cup fixtures: Groups, dates, kick-off times, and full schedule for Qatar 2022. 🏟
- Tottenham moved into the Premier League top four with an emphatic 5-1 victory against Newcastle. ⚽️
- Teenager Carlos Alcaraz claims first Masters 1000 title with victory at Miami Open. 🎾
- England misses out as Australia claims seventh Women’s Cricket World Cup triumph. 🏏
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The man behind Ethereum is worried about crypto’s future. 🤔
- The future of digital cash is not on the blockchain. 💶
- Longeveron Inc. (NASDAQ: $LGVN) published data from its Phase 1 trial of Lomecel-B to treat mild Alzheimer’s disease, noting that the trial met its primary endpoint (Shares closed the week up 129% at $15.61). 📈
- Microsoft (NASDAQ: $MSFT) dives into Web3 with investment in Ethereum co-founder’s start-up ConsenSys. 🌐
- Portfolio manager shares the secrets behind his firm’s defensive investing strategy that’s beaten benchmarks in current volatile markets. 🤫
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Ridgeline Therapeutics 🔬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Longevity.Technology is fundraising for Ridgeline Therapeutics, a US biotechnology company, that is on a mission to reverse age-related decline in muscle strength, which is linked to lower quality of life and increased morbidity. 💪
Ridgeline’s NNMTi is slated to be the first FDA-approved drug to reverse declines in muscle strength; it is protected by a strong IP portfolio and will be delivered as a daily pill to restore muscle strength and function in the elderly. NNMTi demonstrates superior characteristics compared to competing therapeutics. 👩🔬
Preclinical safety and efficacy data have significantly de-risked IND filing and there is a clear path for expansion of clinical indication and clinical development; a fast FDA approval strategy will be employed by the team. ☑️
The experienced leadership team of successful entrepreneurs and scientists has secured $8.95 million in grant funding.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Tuesday, April 5: Lindsay Corporation (LNN) and Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI).
Wednesday, April 6: Greenbrier (GBX), Tilray (TLRY) and Levi Strauss (NYSE:LEVI).
Thursday, April 7: Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ), ConAgra Brands (CAG), Lamb Weston (LW) and PriceSmart (PSMT).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPO and SPAC watch: Allvue Systems Holdings (ALVU) and Allvue Systems Holdings (INTM) could start trading next week. IPO lockup expirations hit this week on Life Time Group (LTH), Theseus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:THRX), Pyxis Oncology (NASDAQ:PYXS), Cognition Therapeutics (CGTX) and UTime (UTME).
🎯 Stocks On Our RaBiohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $30 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“I know they call a donkey a horse when they want to sell it and a horse a donkey when they want to buy.”
– Galileo Galilei.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Palatable | pa·luh·tuh·bl | adjective – can mean “agreeable to one’s sense of taste or palate” or “agreeable or acceptable to the mind.”
“The soup was too bland for my taste, so I added some salt and pepper to make it palatable.”
“Those who are afraid of flying often consider traveling by train as the palatable alternative.”
❔ Did You Know:
The probability of a blue lobster existing is widely touted as being one in two million. Bright blue lobsters are so-colored because of a genetic abnormality that causes them to produce more of a certain protein than others. 🦞
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Asymmetry – by Lisa Halliday.
- Educated: A Memoir – by Tara Westover.
- Reagan: An American Journey – by Bob Spitz.
- Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World – by Anand Giridharadas.
- Brain Food: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power – by Dr. Lisa Mosconi Ph.D.
Q: How do you find a small-cap fund manager?
A: Find a large-cap fund manager and wait.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Billionaire Investor Leon Cooperman on Luck vs Hard Work, Recession Risk, and Markets. Leon is the chairman and CEO of Omega Advisors, a New York-based investment advisory firm managing over $3.3 billion AUM.
- How I Built A $6.5 Billion App Called Duolingo | Luis von Ahn.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Decentralized Finance – Where Do We Grow From Here?
April 20, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CEST
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.