Welcome to the 144th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing everybody a very happy Easter! 🐇🥚
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Georgia aftermath: Brad Raffensperger who refused to buckle to Donald Trump’s request of changing the state’s vote count is now facing the consequences.
- May 1st is the deadline to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan – it’s Biden’s call.
- The violence escalates in Myanmar as government forces open fire on anti-coup protestors.
- Archegos Capital blowup could crack open a ‘Regulatory Piñata’.
- Does inflation actually benefit value stocks?
- The EU was an inch away from being ripped apart by the Coronavirus and losing the spirit of solidarity, its lifeblood.
- Here’s what’s in President Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Proposal.
- Sales mania is gripping the US housing market – limited supply, low rates, and bidding-wars are pushing prices higher. 🏡
- China is ready to fill the supply gap when North Americans’ demand for merchandise picks up. WTO expects US imports to rise by 11.4%.
- For as long as people have existed, people have got BUFF as SHIT.🏋️♂️
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: Lost Album, Human Highway.🎶
- Learning from the story of pioneering South African writer Sindiwe Magona.
- Amazon Prime now to showcase “Tenet” – Christopher Nolan’s thriller movie that aired last year during the pandemic. 🎬
- The other side of Indian matchmaking: The overburdening divorces.
- MSCHF, the company behind the rapper LilNasX, is being sued by Nike over their custom 666 Satan Shoe containing a drop of human blood. 🩸
- All maps you have been looking at are wrong. Here’s why. 🗺
- Quantum mischief rewrites the laws of cause and effect.
- Pressures of financial quantification and prioritization of cyber risks mount on security departments 🔐
- Microsoft unveils Mesh, a mixed reality platform that creates collaborative experiences using their smartglass Holo Lens 2 🖲
- There are other cryptocurrencies out there – other than Bitcoin and Musk hyped Dogecoin 🧐
- A CTO’s guide to how, what, and why in the case of a cyber-attack. 👾
- Will Microsoft buy gaming-focused online communication platform, Discord
- Hitachi to expand its digital service business by acquiring privately held technology company, GlobalLogic, for a whopping $9.6 billion.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Chronic viral infections can have lasting effects on human immunity, similar to aging.
- The quest to tell science from pseudoscience.
- Pfizer-BioNTech says Covid vaccine is 100% effective in kids ages 12 to 15.
- Inactivity drives 1 in 14 deaths globally, new data suggest.
- Adding selenium to diet products helps prevent obesity and increases healthy lifespan in mouse models.
- All-trans retinoic acid, a vitamin A derivative, induces synaptic plasticity in human cortical neurons.
- The trouble with brain scans.🧠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Meet the women who risked their credibility and safety to research psychedelic treatment and therapy.
- An International trip: Global experts weigh in on psychedelics.
- Francis Ngannou wins UFC heavyweight title.🥊
- Hollywood and NBA stars realize the potential of blockchain digital collectibles startup Dapper Labs.
- Soccer and China: A dreamy story ⚽️
- Online sports betting on the rise: DraftKings acquires Vegas sports international network to expand portfolio 🎰
- LeBron James’ massive authoritative dunk becomes the most expensive moment bought on Top-Shot, the blockchain tech platform. 🏀
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- A look at the growth of non-fungible tokens, from CryptoKitties to Christie’s.
- Credit Suisse loses 2 Billion in market value after US hedge fund blows up. (as we have been warning, there is so much more of this junk hiding off-sheets) no commission – jumbo mortgages
- Amazon-backed Deliveroo crashes in London IPO.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +0.2% to 33,153. S&P 500 +1.1% to 4,020. Nasdaq +2.6% to 13,480. Russell 2000 +1.5% to 2,254. CBOE Volatility Index -8.1% to 17.33.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.8%. Utilities +0.8%. Financials +0.2%. Telecom +3.4%. Healthcare -0.6%. Industrials +0.5%. Information Technology +2.1%. Materials -0.3%. Energy -0.4%. Consumer Discretionary +2.2%.
London -0.1% to 6,737. France +1.9% to 6,103. Germany +2.4% to 15,107. Japan +2.3% to 29,854. China +1.9% to 3,484. Hong Kong +2.1% to 28,927. India +2.1% to 50,030.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.5% to $61.3/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,730.5/oz. Natural Gas +2.7% to 2.627. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.6% to 130.99.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.27%. USD/JPY +0.97%. GBP/USD +0.36%. Bitcoin +6.%. Litecoin +15.1%. Ethereum +23.3%. Ripple +12.3%.
Top Stock Gainers
Wah Fu Education (NASDAQ:WAFU) +117%. Big Rock Partners Acquisition (NASDAQ:BRPA) +41%. Humanigen (NASDAQ:HGEN) +40%. Freightcar America (NASDAQ:RAIL) +39%. Nextdecade (NASDAQ:NEXT) +35%.
Top Stock Losers
Gsx Techedu (NYSE:GSX) -52%. Viacom CBS (NASDAQ:VIAC) -33%. Orphazyme A/S (NASDAQ:ORPH) -31%. Canoo (NASDAQ:GOEV) -30%. Gracell Biotechnologies (NASDAQ:GRCL) -28%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG)📈
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
All the above look like great aggressive buying opportunities after having consolidated nicely.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
📖 Word Of The Week:
Myopic; Myopia n. Distant objects appear blurred – Lack of discernment or long-range perspective in thinking or planning: “Myopic thinking.”
❔ Did You Know:
In 1633, Galileo Galilei was brought before the Inquisition for insisting that the Sun does not revolve around the Earth. His punishment was a lifetime of house arrest — a crime that would have been protected by free speech a century later.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
- No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
- The Running Book by John Connell
- A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
- Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Decriminalizing all drugs worked in Portugal. Can one country’s policies be applied across the globe? (podcast)
The Louvre is home to over 480,000 works, and now, art enthusiasts see them all without ever leaving their homes.🖼
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.