Welcome to the 145th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Markets at new highs, Vix at 16, digital art selling for brazillions… 🤔
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Israel’s Netanyahu due in court for corruption trial as coalition talks ramp up.
- The Myanmar unrest hits the United Kingdom, in a coup.
- Geopolitics and technology are more connected than you think.
- What is tiny but mighty? It’s not an animal but can bite. It’s sovereign but in the claws of many. Guessed it yet? Djibouti. The World’s most important geopolitical location. 🇩🇯
- Belfast is burning on a scale not seen in Northern Ireland for years, ignited by post-Brexit arrangements for Northern Ireland. 🔥
- Rehypothecated Leverage: How Archegos built a $100 Billion portfolio out of thin air… And then blew up.
- After taking a $4.7 Billion hit, Credit Suisse executives step down.
- Bernstein: Free trading is like giving chainsaws to toddlers.
- ‘Pro-Crypto’ Peter Thiel warns Bitcoin could be a Chinese financial weapon against the US.
- 53% Of Canadians on brink of insolvency.
- IMF proposes ‘solidarity’ tax on pandemic winners and wealthy to bolster cohesion.
- A new database, Enslaved.org, uncovers lost enslaved Africans by name.
- What triggers you when driving? 🤬
- Did you set your new-moon-resolutions for April 11? 🌙
- Does golf lack diversity? ⛳️
- A house is taken over by nature – The sand house 🏠
- 533 million Facebook users’ phone numbers and personal data have been leaked online.
- The muon’s magnetic moment is larger than expected — a hint that new elementary particles are waiting to be discovered.
- Time to regulate AI that interprets human emotions.
- Facebook hides its data sharing and data leaks under the “Data scrapping” rug. 🧹
- T-mobile is marching firmly ahead towards its “5G for all” vision.
- Direct Fusion Drive can now take us past Neptune in under 10 years. 🚀
- Science is officially suggesting there’s more to our universe than what meets the eye. 👁
- What does an Enterprise Architect do for a living?
- All newly listed digital tokens on Coinbase are experiencing the “Coinbase effect”. 🪙
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- ‘A forest on caffeine’? How coffee can help forests grow faster. ☕
- Rhythm and Blues: Using heart rate to diagnose depression. 🧠
- New drug to regenerate lost teeth. 🦷
- Can diet help with inflammatory bowel disease?
- Cancer drugs could be delivered in molecular cages unlocked by light.
- Artificial intelligence to explore the biomolecular world.
- At last, some help for meth addiction. 💉
- New research suggests our brains need stimulus like our bodies need nutrients.
- Coffee could be the secret weapon against NAFLD.
- Age-related cognitive decline not inevitable?
- Cancer drug promising for Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Realizing the potential of synthetic biology to help people and the planet.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- A new treatment may halt cluster headaches. But some say psychedelic drugs are the real answer.
- NYPD gives cops new orders to let people smoke weed in public. 🚭
- Is it possible to create an ethical psychedelics company?
- Canopy Growth to acquire competing Canadian marijuana producer The Supreme Cannabis Co. in a stock-and-cash deal valued at roughly 435 million Canadian dollars.
- Legislation to decriminalize possession and personal use of psychedelics passes Senate Public Safety Committee.
- The resurgence of psychedelic psychiatry.
- Stanford’s ‘Sisterhood’ — And Its Sisters — Won The Cardinal A Title. 🏀
- Jalen Hill to retire from UCLA citing mental health issues.
- Is Steph Curry a transcendent player? 🏀
- Too many championship trophies to remember for Tiger Woods.🏌️♂️
- How does OKC thunder balance growing talent and game loss protection?
- Creed III will have to forego the presence of the legendary Sylvester Stallone.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Assets have tanked at two of the world’s biggest short sellers.📉
- Bill Hwang had $20 Billion, then lost it all in two days.
The financial sector will lead out the start of the Q2 earnings season kicked off next week. The list of reporting companies includes Aphria (NASDAQ:APHA) on April 12; Fastenal (NASDAQ:FAST) on April 13; JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JMP), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Progressive (NYSE:PGR), Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) on April 14; UnitedHealth (NYSE:UNH), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), PepsiCo (PEP), Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK) and Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) on April 15 and Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), PNC (NYSE:PNC), BNY Mellon (NYSE:BNY) and Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY) on April 16.
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Alkami Technology (ALKT), AppLovin (APP), TuSimple (TSP) and Karat Packaging (KRT) are expected to start trading next week. Quiet periods expire on Duckhorn Portfolio (NYSE:NAPA), Olo (NYSE:OLO), Sun Country Airlines (NASDAQ:SNCY), Tuya (NYSE:TUYA), Vine Energy (NYSE:VEI), Connect BioPharm (NASDAQ:CNTB) and Finch Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FNCH) next week. Sun Country may be the most interesting of the bunch to watch. The airline stock trades more than 50% over its IPO pricing level, but industry booking trends have started to heat up.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +2.0% to 33,801. S&P 500 +2.7% to 4,129. Nasdaq +3.1% to 13,900. Russell 2000 -0.4% to 2,245. CBOE Volatility Index -3.7% to 16.69.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.5%. Utilities +1.3%. Financials +1.9%. Telecom +3.2%. Healthcare +1.3%. Industrials +1.8%. Information Technology +4.7%. Materials +0.7%. Energy -4.1%. Consumer Discretionary +4.2%.
London +2.7% to 6,916. France +1.1% to 6,169. Germany +0.8% to 15,234. Japan -0.3% to 29,768. China -1.% to 3,451. Hong Kong -0.9% to 28,678. India -0.9% to 49,591.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -3.4% to $59.34/bbl. Gold +1.1% to $1,744.6/oz. Natural Gas -4.5% to 2.521. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.6% to 131.77.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.16%. USD/JPY -0.94%. GBP/USD -0.89%. Bitcoin +3.6%. Litecoin +15.6%. Ethereum +5.7%. Ripple +83.%.
Top Stock Gainers
BBQ Holdings (NASDAQ:BBQ) +75%. Rice Acquisition Corp (NYSE:RICE) +71%. Greenwich LifeSciences (NASDAQ:GLSI) +54%. ORBCOMM (NASDAQ:ORBC) +48%. Celcuity (NASDAQ:CELC) +46%.
Top Stock Losers
FibroGen (NASDAQ:FGEN) -48%. Franklin Wireless (NASDAQ:FKWL) -37%. Scholar Rock Holding (NASDAQ:SRRK) -36%. Molecular Templates (NASDAQ:MTEM) -34%. Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings (NASDAQ:LTRPB) -34%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) (news) (lots of news coming based on pipeline) 📈
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (news)📈
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (healthy pullback to 0.20HKD) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
📖 Word Of The Week:
Voluminous adj. Having great volume, fullness, size, or number; ample or lengthy in speech or writing. “Voluminous paperwork.”
❔ Did You Know:
If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white. 🐟
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
- No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
- The Running Book by John Connell
- A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
- Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
The trendiest and most widely debated documentary this quarter: The Netflix documentary ‘Seaspiracy’ (watch at your own discretion) 🏴☠️
Could the good old and beloved dollar $ be losing its ground? It takes two sides to make a trade, so let us know when the ‘debasement of the dollar’ happens.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.