Welcome to the 99th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
This past week we started to see many areas around the world showing progress in flattening the coronavirus curve. This coming week we will see much more and the week after even more. We are getting there. Keep the faith and resilience! 🙏💪
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr 🌹
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- South Korea goes to the polls despite COVID–19 pandemic.
- Democrats scramble to turn the 2020 election into a referendum on Trump’s coronavirus response.
- China confronts major risk of debt crisis on the Belt and Road due to pandemic.
- Barcelona goes from overtourism to no tourism. 🧳
- Ratings agency puts Australia on negative outlook over virus spend. 📉
- Pandemic insurance? Wimbledon’s $2 million gamble paid off by cancelling tournament during coronavirus scare. 💰
- How private equity is winning the Coronavirus crisis.
- Singapore bans teachers using Zoom after hackers post obscene images on screens. (Our preferred video conferencing technology is www.whereby.com)
- How China’s investment in health care AI helps it deal with the coronavirus crisis.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- New Ebola case dashes hopes that the 2-year-old DRC outbreak was over.
- Emily Rostkowski: Death surrounds her.
- The G-spot doesn’t exist.
- That discomfort you’re feeling is grief.
- An immune reaction gone wild seems to be linked with the most severe cases of pandemic Covid-19.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psilocybin mushrooms are making a comeback.
- The complex relationship between marijuana and immune system.
- 5 ways to participate in the psychedelics boom.
- FC Barcelona president under pressure after 6 officials resign. ⚽
- Hockey community mourns death of Edmonton Oiler’s Colby Cave at age 25. 🏒 (RIP)
- Sir Stirling Moss: Motor racing legend dies aged 90 after long illness. 🏎 (RIP)
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. 🌴🏡
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Markets Last Week
Dow +12.7% to 23,719. S&P 500 +12.1% to 2,790. Nasdaq +10.6% to 8,154. Russell 2000 +18.1% to 1,242. CBOE Volatility Index -11.% to 41.67.S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +4.1%. Utilities +12.3%. Financials +13.2%. Telecom +9.2%. Healthcare +8.8%. Industrials +10.7%. Information Technology +10.6%. Materials +15.7%. Energy +14.5%. Consumer Discretionary +12.2%.World Indices
London +7.9% to 5,843. France +8.5% to 4,507. Germany +10.9% to 10,565. Japan +8.6% to 19,346. China +2.2% to 2,826. Hong Kong +4.6% to 24,300. India +12.9% to 31,160.Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -18.1% to $23.16/bbl. Gold +5.7% to $1,735.1/oz. Natural Gas +7.8% to 1.743. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.7% to 138.1.Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.13%. USD/JPY +0.04%. GBP/USD +1.57%. Bitcoin +8.1%. Litecoin +13.6%. Ethereum +20.1%. Ripple +10.2%.
- COVID-19 vaccines and treatments: As clinical trials related to COVID-19 continue to ramp up, the focus next week will start to shift on which vaccines and treatments have the best chance to make it to mass production. There has been a lot of discussion about Gilead Sciences’ (NASDAQ:GILD) remdesivir, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals’ (NASDAQ:REGN) cocktail antibodies and Moderna’s (NASDAQ:MRNA) vaccine candidate. Other companies racing ahead with vaccine trials at various stages include BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX), Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), Dynavax Technologies (NASDAQ:DVAX), Vaxart (NASDAQ:VXRT), GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK), Heat Biologics (NASDAQ:HTBX), Inovio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INO), Translate Bio (NASDAQ:TBIO), Johnson & Johnson, Arcturus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ARCT), CSL Behring and Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX). Treatment candidates are being worked on by privately-held CalciMedica, Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Adaptive Biotechnologies (NASDAQ:ADPT), Takeda Pharmaceutical (NYSE:TAK), CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY), Roche Holdings (OTCQX:RHHBY), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Tiziana Life Sciences (NASDAQ:TLSA), Vir Biotechnology (NASDAQ:VIR), Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY), Sanofi (NASDAQ:SNY).
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) (April 07, PR)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our 3 Latest Articles
- Luckin Coffee is Burnt (NASDAQ: $LK)
- Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Respiratory Infectious Diseases Like Coronavirus
- 2020, The Renaissance of Psychedelic Medicines
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Atypical adj. Not conforming to type; unusual or irregular. Deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange. “The strong sales were atypical of the normally weak market.”
❔ Did You Know:
- From number 0 to 1000, the letter ‘A’ only appears in 1000 – ‘One thousand’
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Paul Conti, M.D.: The psychological toll of a pandemic, and the societal problems it has highlighted.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Our favorite picks for the
- Coffeeland: One Man’s Dark Empire and the Making of Our Favorite Drug by Augustine Sedgewick
- The Alchemy of Us: How Humans and Matter Transformed One Another by Ainissa Ramirez
- The Last Voyage of the Andrea Doria: The Sinking of the World’s Most Glamorous Ship by Greg King and Penny Wilson
- Square Haunting: Five Writers in London Between the Wars by Francesca Wade
- Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker
🤣 One Liners:
What’s the best thing about Switzerland?
I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus. 🇨🇭
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Jeff Robinson, CEO of Wuhan/MJ Medtech, is making himself available at 11 and 11:30 am EST this upcoming week: April 13, 15 and 17. To book your 30 minute video call, please send Jeff an email : email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team