Welcome to the 48th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- What can bees teach economists about how markets work? Read what. ?
- This is what seven years at Airbnb taught an engineer about building a company. ?
- Excellent explainer video as to why economic data and the markets have such a low correlation. Watch it here.?
- Mr. Rogers had a simple set of rules for talking to children. What were they?
- Andreessen Horowitz is blowing up the venture capital model – again. Read how.?
- Experts estimate 99% of wasabi consumed worldwide is not authentic Japanese wasabi, but an imitation typically comprised of Western horseradish and green food coloring.
- Julian Assange arrested at Ecuadorian embassy in London. Read why.
- Climate change could destroy his home in Peru. He has sued an energy company in Germany. Good read.
- Cars dominate cities today. Barcelona has set out to change that. Read how. ?
- This ancient ice core could reveal 1.5 million years of climate history. ?
- Our breath and sweat almost ruined King Tut’s Tomb.
- A 30-million page library is heading to the moon to help preserve human civilization.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Allergan’s ($AGN) failed depression drug shows promise in opioid withdrawal. ?
- Study shows dogs can accurately sniff out cancer in blood. ??
- Biologists home in on Turing patterns. Read how.
- Inside the biotech startup that wants to extend your life. Read here. ?
- NASA twins study explores body’s response to long space travel. ?
- Scientists still don’t know what gives ketamine its antidepressant effect. Stressed mice might offer a clue.
- Optimists experience 145 fewer days of stress each year than pessimists. Love this. ?
- These fossils may capture the day the dinosaurs died. Here’s what you should know.
- Millennials are sick of drinking. Really??
- How an aging population will reshape the internet. Read about it here. ??
- Untold story behind the mysterious disappearance of Fan Bingbing, the world’s biggest movie star. ?
- 16 Jaw-dropping pictures from inside Japan’s Penis Festival. See here.
- The Peabody Awards Board of Jurors has announced the 60 nominees that represent the most compelling and empowering stories released in broadcasting and digital media during 2018. See them all here.
- What happened in Green Bay? A checked-out coach, a tuned-out QB. Read more here. ?
- Magic Johnson is stepping down as the Los Angeles Lakers‘ president of basketball operations. Read about it here. ?
- Masters Golf tournament: Tiger Woods wins.?️♂️- Unreal!
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- How good science can weed out bad money managers.?
- Jamie Dimon’s Letter to Shareholders – a great interesting read.
- Canadian government is considering regulating facebook.
- Famously unprofitable Amazon has nothing on Uber. Read here.
- Migraine drug developer Biohaven ($BHVN) is said to be exploring sale.
- Disney ($DIS) shares surge to all time high. Netflix ($NFLX) shares get hammered.
? Stocks on our / the IBR radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)?
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)?
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF)?
- Wuhan General ($WUHN)?
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) is ready for round two. (A $1000 investment at our initial call of 0.03 is now worth over $90,000 in 4 years) ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Think of exercise as medicine and take your daily prescription.” – Steven Magee
- “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” – Hippocrates
? Word Of The Week:
- Atypical adj. Not conforming to type; unusual or irregular. Deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange.
“The strong sales were atypical of the normally weak market.”
❔ Did You Know:
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Michael Lewis, acclaimed author of so many great books related to finance regales us with many anecdotes about his career as a derivatives salesman and author. Excellent listen!
- The new podcast series by Michael Lewis – very cool. Listen here.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Flash Boys – By Michael Lewis
A high-tech predator stalking the equity markets.
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds – Michael Lewis
How a Nobel Prize–winning theory of the mind altered our perception of reality.
? Feel Good Sunday:
- A few videos guaranteed to make you feel better about life. Watch here. ?
? One Liners:
- Ever wonder about those people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water?… try spelling Evian backward. – George Carlin
- Who’s cruel idea was it to put an “s” in the word “lisp”? – George Carlin
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ??
The IBR Team
P.S. – Looking for an awesome online bank? ? Open an account today in just a few minutes with N26 and earn 10€!