Welcome to the 238th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.🤗
Consistency in life is so important, and lately, we have been failing at IBR.
We promise to get back on track and have our weekly IBR in your mailbox early Monday mornings EST.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- CNN anchor Erin Burnett says evidence of Chinese money to Bidens ‘doesn’t look good’. 💴
- France on Fire: Over half a million protest against Macron government.
- Trump dumps Russia, woos China instead. 👨⚖️
- Theresa May: A British authoritarian?
- Moody’s Places 6 US banks on review for downgrade.📉
- US home prices sink in West while East surges
- Brazil inks deal to use Yuan, not Dollar, in trade with China.
- Saudi Arabia opens four new economic zones to boost investment.
CULTURE & SOCIETY
- Italian birth rate plummets to lowest level ever.📉
- April 13, 1953: CIA OKs MK-ULTRA Mind-Control Tests.🧠
- Actor Lance Reddick from ‘The Wire,’ ‘John Wick’ dead at 60.
- What can Kant tell us about the perils and promises of booze? 🍺
- Grammy winner Coolio’s cause of death revealed: Fentanyl.
- Tackling the biggest fraud in US history – pandemic relief. 💲
- Sikorsky at 100 years: How the company changed the helicopter industry. 🚁
- ‘Wind power fails on every count’: Oxford scientist explains the math.
- We’ll create an AI with General Intelligence this year. 🤖
- A new study shows how scary fast today’s AI is at cracking passwords.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Kidney removal from Chinese infants rings the alarm on CCP’s Organ ‘Production Machine,’ expert warns. 👩⚕️
- Global sperm counts dropped more than 50 percent in recent decades.
- Is vitamin D a viable strategy for Dementia prevention? 💊
- Why do few women know the dangers of the pill?
- Cardiologists come to the same conclusion regarding COVID jab side effects😷
- Botox alters brain activity connected to emotions.
- ‘Holy grail’ of cancer detection predicts tumors a year before they form. 💉
- The more traumatic the childhood, the angrier the adult.
- Odors from other people’s sweat can help treat social anxiety. 😰
- Results from a new study show that a single oral dose of CBD can significantly reduce stress in dogs, caused by car travel or being left alone. (more here) 🐶
- Researchers studied a Circadian Clock in real-time in a first for science.
- Does the sun cause or prevent cancer?
- Chronic pain: Can we find a solution inside the brain? 🧠
- Specific brain damage links hypertension to cognitive impairment.
NUTRITION & MICROBIOME
- Ashwagandha: Nature’s powerful stress reliever. (sounds promising, much more clinical work needed) 💪
- Mediterranean Diet slashes the risk of heart disease and early death in women.
- Lean mass loss on GLP-1 receptor agonists: a downside of the “miracle drugs”. 📛
- Pros and cons of GLP-1 weight loss drugs and metformin as a geroprotective agent.
- Muffins that could be good for your health. 🧁
- The talk about superfoods is absurd, and miracle diets do not exist.
- How salt can taste sweet. 🧂
- Almost half of the honey imported into the EU is “adulterated”, an investigation finds. (same goes for olive oil and coffee)
- Buon Appetito! Italy will ban synthetic and lab-grown meat. 🥩
- Effect of honey on cardiometabolic risk factor.
- The world is hooked on junk food: how big companies pull it off. 🍔
- How caffeine accidentally took over the world.
- Beware of toxic spices: Heavy metals found in major brand names. 🍽
- Some diets are better than others for heart protection.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Risks and benefits of psilocybin use in people with bipolar disorder. 🎭
- Could psychedelics hold promise for brain injuries?
- The cognitive benefits of psychedelics. ✅
- A psychedelics pioneer takes the ultimate trip.
- Elite athletes tolerate topical CBD treatment with minor side effects.
- Nevada sports regulators move to formally stop penalizing fighters over marijuana. 🥊
- The therapy part of Psychedelic Therapy is a mess.
- Curaleaf denied License Renewal by New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission.
- Formula 1 president Stefano Domenicali discusses possible future races in London and Africa. 🏎
- Mikel Arteta refuses to blame the pressure of the title race on Arsenal’s draw with West Ham. ⚽
- LA Clippers in good shape if Kawhi Leonard outplays Kevin Durant in the first-round series. 🏀
- NFL mock draft 2023: Free agency shakes things up, might push RB Bijan Robinson into top 10. 🏈
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- UBS agrees to buy troubled Credit Suisse for more than $2B to ‘secure financial stability’.
- Lyft CEO and president stepping down to be replaced by former Amazon exec.
- How Lyft’s new CEO could earn a $1 billion payday.
- Elon’s massive haircut: Twitter’s market value plummets by $20 Billion in six months.
Monday, April 17 – The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW), State Street Corporation (STT), M&T Bank Corporation (MTB), and Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP) are expected to kick off a week packed with financial reports.
Tuesday, April 18 – Netflix (NFLX), Bank of America (BAC), Goldman Sachs (GS), Western Alliance Bancorp (WAL), Silvergate Capital (SI), and Bank of New York Mellon (BK) are all due to report. Elsewhere, Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) are expected to provide quarterly updates.
Wednesday, April 19 – Tesla (TSLA) will post its Q1 results, and financial earnings continue as Morgan Stanley (MS), U.S. Bancorp (USB), Discover Financial (DFS), Synchrony Financial (SYF), Zions Bancorporation (ZION), Ally Financial (ALLY), and Citizens Financial Group (CFG) prepare reports. Meanwhile, American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) is also due to provide a quarterly earnings update, one week after providing preliminary results.
Thursday, April 20 – AT&T (NYSE: T) will headline another busy day of reports that includes rail operators Union Pacific (NYSE: UNP) and CSX Corporation (NASDAQ: CSX) as the first to report since high-profile derailments in February. Philip Morris (NYSE: PM), Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), American Express (AXP), Stellantis (STLA), Nucor (NUE), and AutoNation (AN), and yet more financial reports from regional banks round out the day’s major reports.
Friday, April 21 – Procter & Gamble (PG) leads a host of reports, including SAP SE (SAP), Schlumberger (SLB), Autoliv (ALV), Regions Financial (RF), and Biogen (BIIB) are among expected earnings reports.
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Quiet this week…
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -0.3% to 33,886. S&P 500 +0.8% to 4,138. Nasdaq +0.3% to 12,123. Russell 2000 +1.5% to 1,781. CBOE Volatility Index -7.2% to 17.07.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.3%. Utilities -1.3%. Financials +2.9%. Telecom +0.6%. Healthcare +0.7%. Industrials +2.1%. Information Technology -0.4%. Materials +1.6%. Energy +2.5%. Consumer Discretionary +1.3%. Real Estate -1.5%.
London +1.7% to 7,872. France +2.7% to 7,520. Germany +1.3% to 15,808. Japan +3.5% to 28,493. China +0.3% to 3,338. Hong Kong +0.5% to 20,439. India +1% to 60,431.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.5% to $82.68/bbl. Gold +0.3% to $2,017.7/oz. Natural Gas +4.7% to 2.106. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.515.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.9%. USD/JPY +1.26%. GBP/USD +0.02%. Bitcoin +8.9%. Litecoin +6.5%. Ethereum +13%. XRP +3.3%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Bio-Techne (TECH) +13%. Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) +10%. Enphase Energy (ENPH) +9%. JPMorgan Chase (JPM) +9%. Citigroup (C) +8%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Catalent (CTLT) -29%. DISH Network (DISH) -11%. Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) -9%. American Airlines (AAL) -9%. The Progressive (PGR) -8%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) – $2 target 📈
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) – $10 target📈
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) $300 target📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) Big (beta) upside. $15 target 📈
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) $0.10 target (disclosure, Jeff Robinson is the CEO)📈
- Innovative Holdings Alliance (OTC: IHAI) (entered into a deal with MRES)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.”―Eartha Kitt
📖 Word Of The Week:
❔ Did You Know:
Did you know the filling in Kit Kats is made from damaged Kit Kats?
The folks at the Kit Kat factory sure know how to recycle! Whenever a Kit Kat bar is somehow made imperfect during production like air bubbles or some other issue, the chocolate bar isn’t thrown out. Instead, they are ground up into a fine paste and turned into a filling that’s then incorporated back into the production process to create new Kit Kat bars! 🍫
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Straight From The Gut by Jack Welch
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard P. Feynman
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
What is the difference between a casino and the stock market? The casino comps you after taking all your money.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dopamine addiction is a myth.
- Einstein’s most famous quote is totally misunderstood. Listen here.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Psychedelics in the Global South
Come join this panel discussion that will be held virtually, as an online webinar. Dr. Sanah, University of South Africa (UNISA), will be one of the panel speakers.
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.