? Welcome to the 100th edition of The Weekly Bull Report ?
Things are getting better. Soon, Coronavirus will be in the rearview mirror and life will return to pretty much normal. Keep spreading positive vibes. ??
This is a very special edition for us as it marks our 100th Weekly Bull Report. ?
We want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and engaging feedback. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- (We are leaving this section intentionally empty) ?
- Beijing is likely to cut its benchmark lending rate on Monday – for the second time this year – after its economy shrank 6.8% in the first quarter due to the coronavirus epidemic. That’s the first contraction since at least 1992 when the government began publishing quarterly records.
- Make no mistake, backlash against China in the coming years is going to hit their economy very hard. It will take them years to recover. (Some great China short opportunities, big banks, real estate developers)
- The economies of the world are starting to open up slowly but surely. This is very positive. One step at a time.
- Dogs might be able to detect coronavirus in humans.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Trump suspends WHO funds, alleges a poor COVID-19 response.
- Flu shot ignites immune attack against cancer in mice.
- Wuhan-based virologist Shi Zhengli has identified dozens of deadly SARS-like viruses in bat caves, and she warns there are more out there. ?
- Emergency room doctor, near death with coronavirus, saved after experimental treatment.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- How brain systems interact to produce psilocybin’s psychedelic effects.
- “I grew up in an underground cannabis bakery during the AIDS epidemic. Yes, it is essential medicine“.
- Psilocybin mushrooms are making a comeback.
- Pot producers should be allowed to sell directly to consumers: Aphria CEO.
- Canopy Growth sees up to $800M charge on global restructuring.
- Scientists turn yeast into psychedelic psilocybin factories.
- Maybe now’s the time to try shrooms. ?
- For Rachael Rapinoe, C.B.D. could spell money for women’s sports. ⚽
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Amazon stock price is up over 40% since hitting a low on March 12.
- Cathie Wood still thinks Tesla is going to $6,800. Why?
- Funds saw largest ever exodus in March.
- Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +2.2% to 24,242. S&P 500 +3% to 2,875. Nasdaq +6.1% to 8,650. Russell 2000 -1.4% to 1,230. CBOE Volatility Index -8.5% to 38.15.S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.6%. Utilities -3.7%. Financials -9.1%. Telecom +2.7%. Healthcare +4.%. Industrials -4.6%. Information Technology +3.4%. Materials -6.%. Energy -9.3%. Consumer Discretionary +5.7%.World Indices
London -1.% to 5,787. France -0.2% to 4,499. Germany +0.6% to 10,626. Japan +2.1% to 19,897. China +1.5% to 2,838. Hong Kong +0.3% to 24,380. India +1.4% to 31,589.Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -20.3% to $18.1/bbl. Gold -2.8% to $1,693.4/oz. Natural Gas +1.6% to 1.761. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.6% to 138.96.Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.58%. USD/JPY -0.85%. GBP/USD +0.42%. Bitcoin +3.%. Litecoin +0.2%. Ethereum +8.3%. Ripple +1.1%.Top Stock Gainers
Scworx (NASDAQ:WORX) +195%. Neurometrix (NASDAQ:NURO) +148%. Borqs Technologies (NASDAQ:BRQS) +135%. Core Molding Technologies (NYSEMKT:CMT) +102%.Top Stock Losers
Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) -58%. Neurobo Pharmaceuticals (OTC:NRBO) -54%. Corenergy Infrastructure (NYSE:CORR) -47%. Akers Biosciences (NASDAQ:AKER) -33%. Tidewater (NYSE:TDW) -31%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) (News this week here)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Articles:
- Wuhan and Psychedelics?
- Luckin Coffee is Burnt (NASDAQ: LK)
- Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Respiratory Infectious Diseases Like Coronavirus
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
? Word Of The Week:
- Adage (a·duhj) noun. A proverb or short statement expressing a general truth: The old adage ‘out of sight out of mind’.
❔ Did You Know:
- Humans are the only animals with chins. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Get your FREE private invitation to watch the FULL-LENGTH DOCUMENTARY “Demystifying Cannabis”. (This will air April 20)
- Michael Pollan – Author of the massive best seller ”How To Change Your Mind” (magic mushrooms) here with his latest on Coffee – Cool 20 minute interview.
- John Barry: 1918 Spanish flu pandemic – Historical account, parallels to today, and lessons.
? Books We Are Reading:
Our favorite picks for the 100th edition:
- Breaking Normal: ReWild Your Inner Child and Set the Truth Free – Daniel Eisenman
- The Empathy Edge: Harnessing the Value of Compassion as an Engine for Success – Maria Ross
- Ditch the Act: Reveal the Surprising Power of the Real You for Greater Success –
- What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence – Stephen A. Schwarzman
? One Liners:
- Since everybody has now started washing their hands, the peanuts at the bar have lost their taste.
- Before Coronavirus I used to cough to cover a fart, now I fart to cover a cough.
? Upcoming Events:
- Counting the Cost of Coronavirus: Will markets ever be the same again?
Apr 21, 2020 02:00 PM London,UK Time
COVID-19 has sent shockwaves through global financial markets, which have now entered bear market territory for the first time since the global financial crisis. But with crisis comes opportunity.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team