Welcome to the 147th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- The House passed a bill proposal that would make Washington the 51st state – will it also pass the Senate? 🏛
- Sapin is moving closer to May 4 elections in Madrid and a storm of populism and polarization is brewing. 🌪
- “Uygurs are suffering crimes against humanity and genocide” – China is not taking UK’s statement lightly.
- Freedom in Hong Kong was once an everyday commodity, now a luxury. 🇭🇰
- Violent clashes in Jerusalem between far-right Israeli Lehava and Palestinian protestors leaving more than 120 injured.
- Russia de-escalates Crimea tensions by pulling back stationed troops from Ukraine border.
- The Philippines files two more diplomatic protests after 165 Chinese vessels were spotted within Manila’s EEZ (exclusive economic zone). ⚓️
- Narendra Modi’s “India First” mantra backfiring with record single-day 314,000 Covid infections, leaving the country in an economic hemorrhage. 😷
- Ripple effects after the trouble in Suez continue to plague the freight industry with delays and container shortages spiking freight rates. 📦
- Australia’s 11,000 tonnes live rock lobster issue. 🦞
- The rage of Carson Block. Prime brokers refused to do business with him, who’s laughing now?
- Wall Street’s cooked books fueled the financial crisis in 2008. It’s happening again.
- South Africa’s new art-world power couple are reshaping their country’s story.🖼
- Here’s how Italy turned sides when WWII turned sour: The Gruesome Fate of Mussolini.
- Are identity politics counteracting what the Oscars should really be about: Art. 🏆
- Gladiator arena said to have housed 20,000 spectators – discovered in Turkey. ⚔️
- Add these train rides with stunning scenic views to your travel bucket list. 🛤
- Learn more about audiophiles and their invention in the short film, “Hi-Fi-Fo-Fum”.
- The new YOLO (you only live once) lifestyle, an outcome of the pandemic.
- NASA’s Mars helicopter Ingenuity takes off on a historic 1st powered flight on another world. 🔭
- Honeywell just released details about how its quantum computer works.
- Zoom Court is changing how justice is served.
- How the need for secure supply chains is propelling blockchain.
- SpaceX launches four astronauts onboard its Falcon 9 Dragon from a historic launchpad to the International Space Station, as part of its Crew-2 collaboration with NASA. 🚀
- Sustainability on the rise – New and reformed techniques to break down plastic into fuel.
- Apple’s claims that its AirTags can track devices without breaching privacy, is simply astonishing.
- Another milestone achieved; NASA’s Perseverance rover manages to extract oxygen from Carbon Dioxide in Mars’ atmosphere.
- Panasonic buys the remaining 80% stake in AI software firm, Blue Yonder, in a deal valued $7.1 billion. 💰
- They hacked McDonald’s ice cream machines—and started a cold war.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- SA-born Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is a player in big pharma in the US. Now he has developed a pill to tackle Covid-19 and is back to kick-start Africa’s vaccine manufacturing capabilities.
- New benefits from anti-diabetic drug metformin.
- The European Commission (EC) has approved cannabidiol (Epidyolex) oral solution as adjunctive treatment of seizures associated with tuberous sclerosis. (3rd indication)
- The easy test that predicts the size of your next few meals.
- Blood tests offer the promise of precision psychiatry.
- Astronomers find an exoplanet where an exoplanet shouldn’t be.
- According to a new study published in the Experimental Gerontology journal, consuming olive oil daily can dramatically reduce one’s risk of experiencing cognitive decline.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Why aren’t people with depression prescribed magic mushrooms instead of Zoloft or Prozac?
- Psilocybin’s complicated relationship with creativity revealed in a new placebo-controlled neuroimaging study.
- Cannabis is one of the fastest-growing industries in the U.S.
- Peter Thiel-backed psychedelic drug maker aims to raise $100M in IPO.
- The first-ever “Psilocybin Cup” received more than 50 magic mushroom submissions.
- Magic mushrooms: the next big thing in beverages?
- Psychedelics are transforming the way we understand depression and its treatment.
- Women with naturally high testosterone are forbidden by World Athletics to partake in the Olympics unless medicated – 30-year-old South African is fighting back. 🏃♀️
- “Created by the poor, stolen by the rich” – Aspirations of a new European Super League lasted a split second – fans were enraged. ⚽️
- A casual sports fan’s guide to rise, fall of the European Super League, why it tore soccer world apart.
- Honda divulges information on the making of its 2021 formula engine, RA621H.
- Red Bull gets technical director for its new Formula 1 engine division. 🏎
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The WTF charts of the EV SPAC hype boom are imploding spectacularly.
- The one redeeming quality of NFTs might not even exist.
- Why cryptocurrency is a giant fraud.
- Scientist George Church is auctioning off his genome as an NFT.
- The cost of a single tulip bulb surged to the same price as a mansion 400 years ago: are NFTs the ‘tulipmania’ of the 21st century?
- Playboy payoff: NFT prospects drive stock surge for reinvented nude magazine publisher.
Earnings season heats up in a big way with reports due in from Albertsons (NYSE:ACI), Tesla (TSLA) and NXP Semi (NASDAQ:NXPI) on April 26; BP (NYSE:BP), UPS (NYSE:UPS), General Electric (NYSE:GE), Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOG), Microsoft (OTCPK:MFST) and Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) on April 27; Humana (NYSE:HUM), Boeing (BA), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Ford (NYSE:F), Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) and General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) on April 28; Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Nio (NYSE:NIO) and U.S. Steel (NYSE:X) on April 29; as well as Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Chevron (NYSE:CVX) and AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) on April 30.
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPOs expected to start trading next week include FTC Solar (FTCI) on April 28 and both Endeavor Group (NYSE:EDR) and Fortegra Group (FRF) on April 29. IPO lockup periods are set to expire next week on Root (NASDAQ:ROOT), MediaAlpha (NYSE:MAX), Gatos Silver (NYSE:GATO), Biodesxi (NASDAQ:BDSX), Leslie’s (NASDAQ:LESL), Allegro MicroSystems (NASDAQ:ALGM), Lufax Holding (NYSE:LU), Atea Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AVIR), SQZ Biotechnologies (NYSE:SQZ) and Galecto (NASDAQ:GLTO). The quiet period expires on Frontier (NASDAQ:ULCC), Coursera (NYSE:COUR), Compass (NYSE:COMP), Karooooo (NASDAQ:KARO) and Smart Share (NASDAQ:EM).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -0.5% to 34,043. S&P 500 -0.1% to 4,180. Nasdaq -0.3% to 14,017. Russell 2000 +0.4% to 2,272. CBOE Volatility Index +6.7% to 17.33.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.5%. Utilities -1.0%. Financials 0.1%. Telecom -0.6%. Healthcare +1.8%. Industrials +0.4%. Information Technology -0.5%. Materials +0.4%. Energy -1.8%. Consumer Discretionary -1.2%.
London -1.2% to 6,939. France -0.5% to 6,258. Germany -1.2% to 15,280. Japan -2.2% to 29,021. China +1.4% to 3,474. Hong Kong +0.4% to 29,076. India -2.% to 47,878.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -1.7% to $62.05/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,776.8/oz. Natural Gas +1.5% to 2.72. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 132.45.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.98%. USD/JPY -0.82%. GBP/USD +0.38%. Bitcoin -16.1%. Litecoin -21.8%. Ethereum -0.3%. Ripple -25.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GALT) +79%. Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) +67%. Shineco (NASDAQ:TYHT) +67%. Uxin Ltd (NASDAQ:UXIN) +64%. Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS) +63%.
Top Stock Losers
Haemonetics (NYSE:HAE) -42%. Tian Ruixiang Holdings (NASDAQ:TIRX) -28%. Baosheng Media Group (NASDAQ:BAOS) -26%. Danimer Scientific (NYSE:DNMR) -24%. Syndax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SNDX) -24%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (news here)📈
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Copious adj. Large in quantity; abundant. Abounding in matter, thoughts, or words; wordy. “He took copious notes during the business meeting.”
❔ Did You Know:
The saying “cat got your tongue” originated 2500 years ago in ancient Assyria where conquered soldiers and criminals had their tongues cut out and fed to the king’s cats.😸
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- The Cold Millions by Jess Walter
- Can’t Even: How Millennials Became The Burnout Generation by Anne Petersen
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.