Welcome to the 50th edition of The Weekly Bull Report. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations – Amazing strength. ? Read here.
- This banking fraud shows how shady China’s economy remains. (We believe that up to 50% of the reported economy is fake)
- Greenland is falling apart. Read why.
- Americans are having less sex, but is that a problem?
- A history of the influencer, from Shakespeare to Instagram.
- For a century, the humble paper towel has dominated public toilets. But a new generation of hand dryers has sparked a war for loo supremacy. ?
- How AI-human superminds will save jobs. Read about it.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- CRISPR gene-editing creates wave of exotic model organisms.
- Popular e-cigarette products found to contain dangerous bacterial and fungal toxins linked to lung disease.
- 3D-printed heart from patient’s own tissues. Read about it. ?
- ‘Exhilarating’ implant turns thoughts to speech.
- Could inflammation be the cause of myriad chronic conditions? Read why. (Absolutely, says Dr. Anna)
- Carolita Johnson examines some of the inner workings of a woman’s body from puberty to menopause. Great read.
- ‘Deep medicine’ will help everyone, especially people like me with a rare disease.
- The Instagram aesthetic is over. Read why.
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 people for alleged terrorism-related crimes. Read about it.
- How blueberries became a superfood.
- Starbucks installing needle-disposal boxes in locations across America following concerns about drug use in bathrooms. ?
- Meet India’s Queen of the blues. Read and listen. ?
- Icebergs can be surprisingly colorful. Check out their beauty.
- Nobel Prize winner Prof. Ciechanover said that, while he recognizes “cannabis is a world of mystery” his decision to join Panaxia was not driven by “the mystic aspect” of the plant, but rather by his desire to help with the science behind the company’s products. (Need so many more to think this way)
- Top cannabis CEOs say Canopy Growth’s ($WEED) $3.4 billion purchase of pot cultivator Acreage ‘shakes the foundation of what’s been true‘ and will spur a cannabis M&A boom. (We say the acquisition was ego-driven and it reminds us of the early days of Groupon)
- Keeping score: Major league sports’ stance on cannabis.
- Adidas launches first fully recyclable sneaker. ?
- Barcelona Open: Rafael Nadal denied ATP record by Dominic Thiem. ?
- With three matches left to play, FC Barcelona clinch the 26th league title in Club history after beating Levante at Camp Nou. ⚽
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Microsoft ($MSFT) Cloud strength drives third quarter results. ? (very impressive)
- Tesla ($TSLA) reports $702 Million loss for Q1. ? (very impressive as well)
- Behind Airbnb’s bet on show business to hook travelers. ?
- Beyond Meat’s IPO plans give it a $1.2 billion valuation. Read more here. ?
- Facebook ($FB) beats profit estimates, sets aside $3 billion for privacy penalty. ?
- Every company Disney ($DIS) owns. Check it out. ?
- Bubbly Pinterest ($PINS) stock pins third cofounder as new billionaire. (This will be a short play soon)
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)?
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)?
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF)?
- Wuhan General ($WUHN)?
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) is ready for round two. (A $1000 investment at our initial call of 0.03 is now worth over $90,000 in 4 years) ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
? Word Of The Week:
- Copious adj. Large in quantity; abundant. Abounding in matter, thoughts, or words; wordy. “He took copious notes during the business meeting.”
❔ Did You Know:
- ‘Bookkeeper’ and ‘bookkeeping’ are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters.
- On this day in history: April 28, 1945 : Italian partisans executed deposed dictator Benito Mussolini and his mistress, Clara Petacci. Mussolini, who ruled Italy from 1922 to 1943.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Seth Godin – Reinvent your culture. Godin has been one of the world’s freshest thinkers since before the internet was on solid food.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Tim Cook: The Genius Who Took Apple to the Next Level – By Leander Kahney
Journalist Leander Kahney reveals how CEO Tim Cook has led Apple to astronomical success after the death of Steve Jobs in 2011.
- The Enlightened Capitalists: Cautionary Tales of Business Pioneers Who Tried to Do Well by Doing Good – By James O’Toole
An expert on ethical leadership analyzes the complicated history of business people who tried to marry the pursuit of profits with virtuous organizational practices.
? Feel Good Sunday:
- The story of every man who drives a muscle car. ?
? One Liners:
- Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
- Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ??
The IBR Team
P.S. – Looking for an awesome online bank? ? Open an account today in just a few minutes with N26 and earn 10€!