Welcome to the 47th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- If the US-Mexico border is shut down, avocados may be hard to come by. The US would run out of the popular fruit in three weeks, according to Mission Produce. 🥑 Asparagus toast anyone?
- Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos are officially divorced, with Mackenzie getting Amazon stock worth more than $35 billion. That makes her the fourth-richest woman in the world with the stroke of a pen. 💰
- This city bans cars every Sunday—and people love it. See why. 🚗
- What it’s like to grow up with more money than you’ll ever spend. Check it out.
- Class action lawsuit filed over cancelled basic income project.
- 75-year-old frontman Mick Jagger says he’s “feeling much better” following reported heart valve surgery. 🎸
- DeepMind and Google: battle to control artificial intelligence. Read how. 🧠
- Apple will soon face new competition for its popular AirPods. Amazon is said to be working on its own wireless earbuds that will have built-in Alexa access.
- Amazon confirmed it’s working on an ambitious plan to launch thousands of satellites into low-Earth orbit that could provide broadband access to areas of the world that don’t have high-speed internet.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- It’s time to make human-chimp hybrids. Check them out. 🐵
- Can human mortality be hacked? Read how. 👶
- Your body clock, metabolism and digestion interact in complex ways – meaning it’s not just what you eat, but when you eat, that matters.🕰🥞
- This teacher’s viral ‘check-in’ board is a beautiful example of mental health support. Check it out here.
- Goals and rewards redraw the brain’s map of the world. 🧠
- Underwater archaeologists find surprising artifacts from major Roman naval battle. ⚓
- The alternative meat trend is taking a big step into the mainstream: Burger King will add a vegetarian version, which says it tastes nearly identical to beef.
- April 2 was “Equal Pay Day,” which symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year. 💶
- From treating his epilepsy with weed as a teen, this 32-year-old is now a multimillionaire cannabis entrepreneur. Read his amazing story. 💰🌿
- FDA sets first hearing on CBD in May as the agency looks at legalizing the cannabis compound to add to food and drinks. What will this mean?
- Amanda Feilding is a leading advocate for the use of drugs in medicine. Now she’s leading the charge for medical marijuana in Europe.
- Doctors and former players team up to change the NFL’s Medical Marijuana Policy. 🌿 Read about it here.
- Mistakes, abuse & VAR: What are the pressures like on a Premier League referee? Read about it here.
- Europe’s next big soccer stars will come from…Major League Soccer (MLS). Read why. ⚽
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Saudi stocks are booming – Thanks to Index Makers.📈 Read more here.
- Wuhan General Group ($WUHN) climbs after announcing they’re entering the “magic mushroom” space. 🍄📈
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Non sequitur [non se·qui·tur] – noun – A statement that does not logically follow what has been said before.
Example: Her comment about dogs was a real non sequitur when we’d been talking about going to the beach.
❔ Did You Know:
- 50 fascinating facts about cats. What are they?🐱
- On this day in history: April 7, 1948 – World Health Organization formed by the United Nations. And in April 7, 1969 – It was the Internet’s symbolic birth date: publication of RFC 1.
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Exponential View: How AI and other exponential technologies are transforming business and society – Investing in Disruptive Innovation: Cathie Wood, one of Bloomberg’s 50 people who defined global business in 2018, discusses the five innovation platforms shaping our future and strategies for investing in them.
- Analysis: Programme examining the ideas and forces which shape public policy – Are we heading for a mass extinction?
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Everything Is Obvious: How Common Sense Fails Us – By Duncan J. Watts
By understanding how and when common sense fails, we can improve our understanding of the present and better plan for the future.
- Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction – By
👌 Feel Good Sunday:
- The Mindset of High Achievers: Do what the 99% are not doing. Watch the video.
🐦 One Liners:
- Professor: Just got an email from a student where they referred to the 90s as ” the late 1900s” 😂
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗📈
The IBR Team