Welcome to the 161st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Egalite, Fraternite, Protestations – The French are uprising in the fight for their freedom in response to tighter COVID restrictions. 🇫🇷
- Amazon in for a significant whooping as they get fined €746 million for not complying with EU’s privacy rules. 💥
- UK upholds commitment to join France, Germany, and Netherlands in supporting the US in the contested South China Sea and ‘keeping China at bay’. 🇬🇧
- Biden lets eviction protection expire – more than 3.6 million Americans could lose their home. 🏚
- Russia demands a ban on Alexei Navalny’s popular YouTube channel that is publishing anti-government content. 🚫
- Salma Luévano was arrested for publicly identifying as transgender in Mexico 1985 – now elected to Mexican Congress. 🏳️🌈
- Taliban revenge killings are mounting in Afghanistan as Western troops are withdrawing. 🩸
- Paul Glazer is the true king of SPACs. 👑
- Mark Cuban invests in AlchemyNFT, an NFT customization platform. 👾
- Beyond Crypto Artwork: How NFTs are influencing modern business.🕴
- Benchmark inflation measure hits highest level in 30 years. 💹
- Argentina’s economy will grow 6.4% in 2021, predicts IMF, citing higher export prices and improved vaccination rate. 🇦🇷
- Peru’s currency fell to record low and Lima stock exchange dropped 6.24 percent amid political uncertainty. 🇵🇪
- Mixed market sentiment after Powell’s remarks on US economic outlook and delta variant spread – no rate hikes yet. 📊
- Both coffee and opium come from plants. Why embrace one and not the other? 🌱
- Damien Hirst’s ‘The Currency’: what we’ll discover when this NFT art project is over. 🪙
- Minimalist creative funny photography. 📸
- Hunter Biden has a message for critics of his recent art career: “f— ’em”. 🤬
- Archaeological evidence shows that ancient people ate bread, beer, and other carbs, long before domesticated crops. 🌾
- Organized opposition to vaccination: The vaccine hesitancy in the 1920s. 💉
- Rick Astley’s 1987 hit video “Never gonna give you up” passes 1 billion views on Youtube. 📈
- Scientists bred healthy mice using artificial eggs and ovaries made from stem cells. 🐁
- Why your brain hates slowpokes. The high speed of society has jammed your internal clock. 🧠
- What is the right way to get data legally? 👨💻
- Future Blink – a digital fiber that can tell with 96% accuracy what activity that person was doing. 🏃♂️
- MIT creates a nanoparticle diagnostic tool that can detect cancer particles in urine. ⚛️
- Chinese Tech companies are being squeezed by the US SEC as well as their own government. 👨⚖️
- Artificial Intelligence and cloud networks to help Pentagon predict moves of adversaries. 🇺🇸
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Four in 10 of those between 19 and 49 developed problems with their kidneys, lungs, or other organs after contracting Covid – new study shows. 😷
- New dietary treatment for epilepsy is well tolerated and reduced seizures. ⚡️
- What types of memories are forgotten in Alzheimer’s disease? 👵🏻
- New research finds a common denominator linking all cancers. 🔗
- Happify rolls out digital therapeutic for anxiety, depression under temporary FDA guidance. 🖥
- New breakthrough to help immune systems in the fight against cancer. 💪
- How bees see: Tiny bumps on flower petals create intense color and attract pollinators. 🐝
- Play is serious business for elephants. 🐘
- Harmful body fat not only increases your waistline but also your risk of dementia. 🍕
- Study reveals how depression can impact workers, especially when it comes to disclosing information about their disorder. ⛈
- Berberine could be longevity’s “best-kept secret”. 🔒
- ‘Next-Generation’ total artificial heart successfully transplanted into first patient. 🫀
- When the body becomes the target of its own defensive arsenal, medicine must step in. 🛡
- Can consciousness be explained by quantum physics? 🧠
- 74 Percent of COVID-19 cases from the Massachusetts outbreak occurred in fully vaccinated people. 🤔
- Certain gut bacteria are tied to a lower risk of diabetes. 🦠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Is medical cannabis really a magic bullet? 🔫
- Ibogaine: The psychedelic drug that could fight addiction. 💊
- Florida researchers work to understand power of psychedelics to treat mental illness. 🔬
- From treating depression and other mental health disorders, to helping relieve chronic pain, researchers discuss the advantages and implications of psychedelic treatments. 👩🔬
- An Olympic controversy: Do marijuana and athletics mix? 🌿
- CBD industry needs regulation to bring legitimacy. 👩⚖️
- The Sisters of the Valley, a group of self-ordained “weed nuns,” are putting their faith in the powers of cannabis to help heal the world. 🙏
- Consumer brands coalition steps up CBD pressure. 🌿
- Psychedelics and Death: Transitioning from this world with consciousness. 🌀
- Atai launches a new “Nose-To-Brain” drug delivery company to interact with its portfolio of psychedelics subsidiaries. 🧠
- $40m psychedelic medicine institute launches in Melbourne. 🇦🇺
- Psychedelic microdosing investigated for pharmacological effect on the brain. 🍄
- Team USA stunned in 1st Men’s Olympic Basketball loss since 2004. 🏀
- South African with ‘Glory To God Alone’ swim cap wins Olympic Gold, breaks World Record. 🏊
- Ashleigh Barty cruised into the Miami Open final after defeating Elina Svitolina. 🎾
- Dallas Stars secure a 4-1 skid victory over the Nashville Predators. 🏒
- The Governor of Osaka cancels the torch relay in the city due to the massive rise in COVID cases. 😷
- Houston texas quarterback Deshaun Watson faces two more civil lawsuits concerning sexual assault and inappropriate conduct. 🏈
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- It was set to be one of the year’s most highly anticipated listings, but Robinhood Markets ($HOOD) tumbled 8% in the worst debut ever for an IPO of its size.
- Will Peako (ASX: $PKO) manage to capitalize on the high gold prices? 📈
- Zenabis (TSX: $ZENA) acquisition creates cannabis behemoth. 🌿
Monday, August 2nd: On Semiconductor (NASDAQ:ON), NXP Semi (NASDAQ:NXPI), Arista Networks (NYSE:ANET), Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ:TTWO) and Mosaic (NYSE:MOS).
Tuesday, August 3rd: Alibaba (BABA), BP (NYSE:BP), Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX), Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY), Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR), Prudential (NYSE:PRU), Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA), Nio (NYSE:NIO), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) and Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR).
Wednesday, August 4th: CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), General Motors (GM), Kraft Heinz (KHC), MetLife (NYSE:MET), Uber (NYSE:UBER), Fox Corporation (NASDAQ:FOX), Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU), Kraft Heinz (KHC), Booking Holdings (NASDAQ:BKNG) and Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA).
Thursday, August 5th: CIGNA (NYSE:CI), Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), ViacomCBS (CBS), Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA), Corteva (NYSE:CTVA), Square (NYSE:SQ), FireEye (NASDAQ:FEYE), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Shake Shack (NYSE:SHAK), Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE), Dropbox (NASDAQ:DBX) and News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWSA).
Friday, August 6th: Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT), Dominion Energy (NYSE:D), AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) and Magna International (NYSE:MGA).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Better Being (BBCO), European Wax Center (EWCZ) Cadre (CDRE), Weber (WEBR) and WCG Clinical (WCGC). Analyst quiet periods expire on Agriforce Growing Systems (AGRI), Moving Image Technologies (NYSE:MITQ), TransCode Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RNAZ) and Sentage (NASDAQ:SNTG). The IPO share lockup period expires on Vor BioPharma (NASDAQ:VOR), Pharvaris (NASDAQ:PHVS), Lucira Health (NASDAQ:LHDX), Terns Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TERN), Angion Biomedica (NASDAQ:ANGN), Valneva (NASDAQ:VALN), Evaxion Biotech (NASDAQ:EVAX) and CN Energy Group (NASDAQ:CNEY).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -0.4% to 34,935. S&P 500 -0.4% to 4,395. Nasdaq -1.1% to 14,673. Russell 2000 +0.6% to 2,223. CBOE Volatility Index +6.1% to 18.24.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.2%. Utilities +0.3%. Financials +0.7%. Telecom -1.%. Healthcare +0.5%. Industrials -0.3%. Information Technology -0.7%. Materials +2.8%. Energy +1.6%. Consumer Discretionary -2.6%.
London +0.1% to 7,032. France +0.7% to 6,613. Germany -0.8% to 15,544. Japan -1.% to 27,284. China -4.3% to 3,397. Hong Kong -5.2% to 25,908. India -0.7% to 52,587.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.3% to $73.72/bbl. Gold +0.6% to $1,812.3/oz. Natural Gas -3.6% to 3.915. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.3% to 134.56.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.85%. USD/JPY -0.74%. GBP/USD +1.14%. Bitcoin +23.6%. Litecoin +16.%. Ethereum +14.6%. Ripple +23.8%.
Top Stock Gainers
Flora Growth (NASDAQ:FLGC) +160%. Bit Digital (NASDAQ:BTBT) +113%. Xenetic Biosciences (NASDAQ:XBIO) +62%. LendingClub Corporation (NYSE:LC) +54%. Allied Healthcare Products (NASDAQ:AHPI) +51%.
Top Stock Losers
Annovis Bio (NYSE:ANVS) -71%. Höegh LNG Partners (NYSE:HMLP) -67%. ATI Physical Therapy (NYSE:ATIP) -64%. Alset EHome International (NASDAQ:AEI) -61%. Forward Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:FWP) -55%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” –Shonda Rhimes
📖 Word Of The Week:
irrefragable – adjective: not to be disputed or contested.
The court often assumes that a federal agency acted properly unless an employee offers “irrefragable proof to the contrary.”
❔ Did You Know:
Dogs sniff good smells with their left nostril🐶🐽
Dogs normally start sniffing with their right nostril, then keep it there if the smell could signal danger, but they’ll shift to the left side for something pleasant, like food or a mating partner.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Breaking Normal: ReWild Your Inner Child and Set the Truth Free – Daniel Eisenman
- The Empathy Edge: Harnessing the Value of Compassion as an Engine for Success – Maria Ross
- Ditch the Act: Reveal the Surprising Power of the Real You for Greater Success –
- What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence – Stephen A. Schwarzman
“Doc, I can’t stop singing The Green, Green Grass Of Home.”
He said: “That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome.”
“Is it common?” I asked.
“It’s not unusual” he replied. 🎶
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Michael Pollan on changing how we think about psychedelics.
Sergey Young discusses longevity horizons, personal health strategies, and disruptive tech – and how we are moving towards radically extending our lifespan and healthspan.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.