Welcome to the 63rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Sports Cars, Psychopaths, and Testosterone: Inside the new frontier of fund manager research.
- A secret gathering at a secluded island off the coast of Georgia in 1910 laid the foundations for the Federal Reserve System.
- Historic 3,000-year-old olive tree still producing olives to this day.
- How a 37-year-old former teacher became India’s newest billionaire. 💰
- The acoustic properties of our public spaces can have a major impact on how comfortable we find them. 👂
- How Piers Morgan became the most divisive man in British media.
- The Western world is currently undergoing an epidemic of poor sleep. 🛌
- Apple contractors ‘regularly hear confidential details’ on Siri recordings. 👂
- Facebook is funding brain experiments to create a device that reads your mind.
- Facial recognition… coming to a supermarket near you.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- In a 1st, doctors in U.S. use CRISPR tool to treat patient with genetic disorder.
- New study offers “good news” for those with genetic risk for Alzheimer’s.
- With mini-placentas and mini-brains, scientists try to unravel the roots of psychiatric disorders.
- Spanish scientists create human-monkey chimera in China. 🐵👨
- Capitalism gone wrong: how big pharma created America’s opioid carnage.
- People who eat dark chocolate less likely to be depressed. 🍫
- We need a new science of progress.
- The controversy over restoring Notre-Dame reflects a fallacy of the modern age: the idea that an old building becomes “inauthentic” if it is seamlessly restored.
- A clear look at Jackson Pollock’s breakthrough painting, “Mural”. 🖼
- UK’s first supermarket designed by public health experts launches in Central London.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- ‘Mystical’ psychedelic compound found in normal healthy brains. 🔬🧠🍄 (This is very big news)
- Former health minister took cannabis oil for BBC documentary.
- Big Alcohol is pouring billions into the drinkable marijuana market. But is that how anybody wants to get high?
- Cronos (NASDAQ: CRON) near US$300-million deal for owner of Lord Jones.
- Visualizing the boom in the CBD beverage market. 🍺
- Olivia Newton John says medicinal cannabis is key to her cancer recovery.
- Lance Armstrong’s podcast is making cycling fans forget about the doping. 🚴♂️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The bond market is betting Tesla is in trouble. (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- This model shows how Netflix can earn its $145 Billion valuation—Or blow it. (NASDAQ: NFLX)
- 85% of the world’s Bitcoin has been mined.
- August is generally a quiet month for the markets. Good time to chip away and add to positions. We do see a year end rally carrying the markets to many new highs.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR) – July 30 News
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF) –
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) –
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Long-range planning does not deal with future decisions, but with the future of present decisions.” – Peter Drucker
(Use this quote around the office and blow some minds)
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Redact(ed) tr.v. Edit something: to edit, revise, or delete content in preparation for publication. “The documents were redacted so personal information wasn’t released to the public.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Nutella has become such a popular brand that 1 in 4 of every hazelnut on this planet makes its way into those jars of heavenly goodness. The demand for hazelnuts has grown so much that universities are trying to grow them in labs to fight against global shortages. 🥜
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Alan Dershowitz, devil’s advocate. (Read or listen) ⚖
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- America’s Reluctant Prince: The Life of John F. Kennedy Jr. – Steve M. Gillon
A deeply researched, personal, surprising, and revealing portrait of the Kennedy heir the world lost too soon.
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed – Lori Gottlieb
A hilarious, thought-provoking, and surprising new book that takes us behind the scenes of a therapist’s world–where her patients are looking for answers (and so is she).
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World – Melind Gates
A timely and necessary call to action for women’s empowerment.
🤣 One Liners:
- “When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.” – Unknown
- “The problem isn’t that obesity runs in your family. The problem is no one runs in your family.” – Unknown
📆 Upcoming Events:
Wuhan (OTC: WUHN) will be initiating a capital raise available to accredited investors. Please send an email to Jeff at: email@example.com with questions and requests for the related documents.
Wuhan General Group, Inc. through its wholly-owned subsidiary MJ MedTech is a nutraceutical bio-technology company that researches, develops and commercializes a range of CBD-based products under the Dr. AnnaRx™ brand. In addition, its new wholly-owned division, M2Bio is researching and developing indications for psilocybin new therapies that will help patients who suffer from mental illness, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Our mission is to advance botanical-based medicine to the forefront by deploying best practice science and medicine, clinical research and emerging technologies. Wuhan is listed and traded on the Over The Counter Bulletin Board of NASDAQ under the trading symbol “WUHN”.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Fifteen IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)