Welcome to the 64th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Why no one wants to talk about the booming economy. 📈
- 10 years later, how has Andreessen Horowitz changed Silicon Valley?
- Ivanka Trump; After the White House, she probably can’t go back to the city that made her.
- Peter Thiel’s religion. Very interesting.
- The FBI wants to build a data dragnet on Facebook.
- What a security researcher learned from monitoring traffic at Defcon.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The fundamental link between body weight and the immune system. 🔗
- This is why it’s nearly impossible to study pain.
- Astronomers just found an absolutely gargantuan Black Hole the mass of 40 billion suns.
- A genetic chaperone for healthy aging?🧓
- 23andMe had devastating news about my health. I wish a person had delivered it.
- Type 2 diabetes treatment based on lifestyle changes set for October launch in Hong Kong.
- Potential treatment target for Crohn’s disease.
- Vietnamese egg coffee is taking North America by storm–but what is it?
- Toni Morrison’s immortal legacy, explained in one passage.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Retailers see promise in CBD and hemp products.
- Luxembourg to be first European country to legalise cannabis.
- Josh Kushner gets into the weed game.
- Whatever happened to Villanova basketball star Shelly Pennefather? ‘So I made this deal with God.‘
- Contact sports will ‘cease to exist’ within a generation.🏈
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Lyft (LYFT) Q2 earnings. Better shape than Uber.
- Uber (UBER) Q2 earnings. Stock plunges 6% on growing losses. More here. (shares are still way overvalued – target $20) 📉
- The office landlord’s big gamble: WeWork is sole tenant in at least 5 NYC buildings.
- How Bill Ackman turned a lost proxy battle into $1.2 Billion.
- Gold – A 7 year high. (We continue to like it)📈
- Crypto Pundit: Altcoin sentiment will cause Bitcoin to collapse.
- 13 small and mid cap biotech stocks with upcoming PDUFA/Advisory Committee dates through to October.
- GW Pharma (GWPH) CEO: More education needed on real health benefits of drugs derived from cannabis. Blowout quarter. (we love it, stock going higher)📈✅
Great chart: An incredible run
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) – Press Release August 07
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought.” — Sun Tzu
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Cornucopia n. A large amount of something; a great supply, an abundance: “A cornucopia of employment opportunities.”
❔ Did You Know:
- A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day. When did you last change your mattress?
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The 7 deadly sins of investing. Watch it here. (great 17 minute video)
- The invention of money. Good history lesson. 💰
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Great new book by our friend Nir Eyal, one super smart guy:
Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Have an event or company you would like to promote?📢
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Eighteen IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)