Welcome to the 213th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Leaving Zambia today, back to Cape Town. What an amazing learning experience!
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- DeSantis sends police to remove woke Soros prosecutor from office for failing to enforce laws. 👮♂️
- Twitter announces plan to ‘Protect’ November Midterm Elections. (here we go again) ❎❎❎
- Is there really a paradigm shift in US/Africa relations? Why the answer seems to be yes. 🌍
- US Housing Sentiment drops to lowest in over a decade. 💲
- Bill Ackman’s 8 principles for successful investing. 💸
- Bank of England hikes rates as it predicts 13% inflation and a long recession. 💹
- Entertainment companies start dumping woke content as viewership tumbles. 📺
- Bill Maher slams “Fat Celebration” And “Body Positivity“. ⚖⚖⚖
- Shakespeare’s Globe theatre in London has announced that it will portray famed French woman warrior and Catholic saint, Joan of Arc, as a gender-neutral character with “they/them” pronouns. 🎭
- How Burna Boy set the world alight with his mixed brew of influence.🎵🎙🎶
- Top physicist admits “Distant Star” photo was actually chorizo. 🌭⭐
- Lilian Ngoyi: a heroic South African woman whose story hasn’t been fully told. ✊
- The word of the year is: Sophistry. ✍
- ASICS launches new 3D printed sandal optimized for comfort and cooling to help athletes’ recovery. 👟👟
- Spyware is huge threat to global human rights and democracy, expert warns.🕵️♂️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Exercise keeps body and mind healthy—but little is known about exactly how and where physical activity affects our brains.🧠
- New research digs into the genetic drivers of heart failure, with an eye to precision treatments. ♥☠
- Smells experienced in nature evoke positive well-being. 🏞
- Does drinking coffee help you live longer? ☕☕☕
- Hyderabad scientists develop India’s first 3D-printed cornea. 👁
- Whistleblower neuroscientist exposes two decades of Alzheimer’s research as fraud.❕❕❕
- ‘Cognitive immobility’ – when you’re mentally trapped in a place from your past.💥
- Depression is probably not caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. ⚕⚗
- What can the science of interoception teach us about diagnosing and treating mental illness? 🧠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis investment platform hit with Spain lawsuit.⚖️
- Bill legalizing intoxicating levels of THC received little scrutiny from lawmakers. ⚖
- Major marijuana stocks lost 77% of their market cap in the last 12 months.📉
- Where cannabis legalization efforts stand across the country. 👨⚖️
- Aaron Rodgers says psychedelic drugs led to ‘best season of my career’.
- Cannabidiol is effective for young people with treatment-resistant anxiety. 😀
- What music should you listen to while tripping on shrooms? Here’s some advice from experts on psychedelics. 🍄🍄🍄
- Manchester United loses 4-0. Bottom of Premier League? ⚽
- All Blacks hit back at Springboks – A much-needed comeback. 🏉
- Golf – Zalatoris’ first PGA Tour victory in playoff. ⛳
- ‘Grandpa’ Pujols homers twice. Cardinals beat Milwaukee Brewers ⚾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Egypt to list more state companies on stock exchange. (smart move, opportunity)
- Prices are dropping as investors sell private equity stakes at a record pace.
Monday, August 15: Li Auto (LI), Tencent Music (TME), and ThredUp (TDUP).
Tuesday, August 16: – Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), Sea Limited (NYSEARCA:SEA), Agilent (A), and Jack Henry (NASDAQ:JKHY).
Wednesday, August 17: – Lowe’s (LOW), Target (TGT), TJX Companies (TJX), Brinker International (EAT), Cisco (CSCO), Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI), and Bath & Body Works (NYSE:BBWI).
Thursday, August 18: – Estee Lauder (EL), Tapestry (TPR), Ross Stores (ROST), NetEase (NASDAQ:NTES), Macy’s (M), Kohl’s (KSS), and Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT).
Friday, August 19: – Deere (NYSE:DE) and Foot Locker (FL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
GigaCloud Technology (GCT) and Innovative Eyewear (NASDAQ:LUCY) could price their IPOs next week and start trading. IPO lockup periods expire on Sunshine Biopharma (SBFM) and Vivakor (NASDAQ:VIVK) on August 15, as well as Blue Water Vaccines (BWV) on August 17.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +2.9% to 33,761. S&P 500 +3.3% to 4,280. Nasdaq +3.1% to 13,047. Russell 2000 +4.8% to 2,013. CBOE Volatility Index -7.7% to 19.53.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.6%. Utilities +2.8%. Financials +6.3%. Telecom +3.6%. Healthcare +1.6%. Industrials +4.7%. Information Technology +2.2%. Materials +6.4%. Energy +9.3%. Consumer Discretionary +2.9%.
London +0.8% to 7,501. France +1.3% to 6,554. Germany +1.6% to 13,796. Japan +1.3% to 28,547. China +1.6% to 3,277. Hong Kong -0.1% to 20,176. India +1.8% to 59,463.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +3.2% to $91.88/bbl. Gold +1.5% to $1,818.4/oz. Natural Gas +8.9% to 8.78. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 2.842.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.79%. USD/JPY -1.12%. GBP/USD +0.53%. Bitcoin +8.1%. Litecoin +5.3%. Ethereum +18.7%. XRP +3.4%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) +20%. Albemarle (ALB) +18%. Principal Financial Group (PFG) +17%. Devon Energy (DVN) +16%. Viatris (VTRS) +14%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Moderna (MRNA) -8%. Illumina (ILMN) -7%. Tyson Foods (TSN) -6%. Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) -6%. KLA (KLAC) -4%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”
Antonie De-Saint Exupery
📖 Word Of The Week:
Vaticinate: verb. To foretell or predict.
❔ Did You Know:
Users form their opinions on a website in only 0.9 seconds.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Am I Dreaming? The New Science of Consciousness and How Altered States Reboot the Brain – James Kingsland
- Drugged: The Science and Culture Behind Psychotropic Drugs – Richard J Miller
- Hallucinogens: A Reader – Edited by Charles Grob
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers – Richard Evans Schultes, Albert Hoffman, and Christian Ratsch
- Psychedelic Medicine: The Healing Powers of LSD, MDMA, Psilocbyin, and Ayahuasca – Dr. Richard Louis Miller
“How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? None, that’s a hardware problem.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Celebrated research psychologist Gary Klein has spent nearly 50 years studying how and why people make the decisions they do. In this Shane Parrish, The Knowledge Project episode, Klein calls on those five decades of experience to discuss pioneering the field of naturalistic decision making, the difference between experience and expertise, why some people stagnate at an intermediate level, Cognitive Flexibility Theory, the role of storytelling, how to gain insights, fixation errors, cognitive biases, mental models, how to fast-track expertise, and so much more. Watch It Here
- Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with Kenneth G. Tropin, who is the chairman and the founder of Graham Capital Management, a multi-strategy quantitative hedge fund with $18 billion in assets under management. Watch It Here.
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SECTOR FOCUS:
Going for Gold
Join us on 21st September for a webinar focused on gold. With global uncertainty has come a renewed interest in the precious metal and we’ll discuss the gold outlook with major investor, Jim Mellon. Master Investor will host four gold companies with exciting projects in development to help keep our investors ahead of the curve.
21 September 2022 | London | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.