Welcome to the 116th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Why we think our phones are secretly listening to us.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The secret to a long, healthy life is in the genes of the oldest humans alive.
- Molecules in urine allow doctors to monitor skin cancer.
- What patients want most from their doctor is trust and respect.
- Long after the fire of a Covid-19 infection, mental and neurological effects can still smolder.
- The pandemic appears to have spared Africa so far. Scientists are struggling to explain why.
- Meat shortages are here to stay. Is lab-grown food a solution?
- This online calculator can predict your stroke risk.
- A step towards personalized cancer vaccines.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psilocybin of the times: how shrooms became a salve for our current moment.
- After the pandemic, could psychedelic treatment help us heal?
- Where to find CBD beer in Hong Kong. ?
- Collin Morikawa’s unbelievable drive and eagle on the 16th hole had everyone in awe.
- Brutal Bayern hit eight in stunning defeat of Barcelona.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla’s planned five-way stock split will make its shares much more affordable.
- Airbnb plans to confidentially file for IPO this month.
- Federal agents tricked Hamas into sending Bitcoin to Uncle Sam.
- CureVac triples in Nasdaq public debut.
- Impossible Foods raises $200 million in fresh funding.
- Hong Kongers drove a stock up 1,100% to protest a news mogul’s arrest.
- Seres Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MCRB) surge from $4 to $27 in just 2 weeks.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) Canacord reiterates $80 Target.
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE) News August 14
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
? Word Of The Week:
Erudite adj. Deep, extensive learning. “He has a reputation as an erudite intellectual with a deep understanding of the issues.”
❔ Did You Know:
Shakespeare’s name was spelled at least 80 ways
There are more than 80 variations recorded for the spelling of Shakespeare’s name. In the few original signatures that have survived, Shakespeare spelt his name “Willm Shaksp,” “William Shakespe,” “Wm Shakspe,” “William Shakspere,” ”Willm Shakspere,” and “William Shakspeare”. There are no records of him ever having spelt it “William Shakespeare”, as we know him today. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- ‘Facts Can Save Lives:’ 10 Powerful Takeaways From New Documentary ‘CBD Nation’.
- Robin Williams’ final days detailed in touching trailer for new documentary Robin’s Wish.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Breasts and Eggs, by Mieko Kawakami
- The City We Became, by N.K. Jemisin
- Deacon King Kong, by James McBride
- Drifts, by Kate Zambreno
- Real Life: A Novel, by Brandon Taylor
? One Liners:
Reason for Divorce
We chatted over lunch and he dropped a bombshell on me.
“Rodney,” he said, “Becky and I are going to get a divorce.”
I was stunned.
What happened, you two seem so happy together.”
“Well,” he said, “ever since we got married, my wife has tried to change me. She got me to stop drinking, smoking, running around at all hours of the night and more. She taught me how to dress well, enjoy the fine arts, gourmet cooking, classical music and how to invest in the stock market.”
“Are you a little bitter because she spent so much time trying to change you.” I probed.
“Nah, I’m not bitter. Now that I’m so improved, she just isn’t good enough for me.”
? Upcoming Events:
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team