Welcome to the 164th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- “The worst day by far” at Kabul airport as Afghan citizens and foreigners scramble to find a way out. 🇦🇫
- Leaked Sputnik V Report shows more inconsistencies in Clinical Trial Data. 💉
- China weighs how best to bolt the back door to terrorists from Afghanistan. 🔩
- Brazil: Bolsonaro blocks critics on social media, violating free speech and access to information rights. 😶
- Eighty people were killed in a jihadist attack on a military convoy escorting civilians in northern Burkina Faso. 🇧🇫
- Russia may live to regret betting on the Taliban in Afghanistan. 🎰
- Protests erupt in Gwadar, Pakistan, against severe water shortages resulting from China’s multibillion-dollar belt and road project. 🪧
- British Parliament unloads on Biden: ‘Biden may have condemned the world to Chinese domination in future’.
- Afghanistan GDP may slump 20% after Taliban takeover. 📉
- US government cracks down on TikTok voice and face data collection. 🎵
- Raging Delta variant takes its toll as Philippines runs out of nurses. 🦠
- Brazil and Colombia sign space cooperation agreement 🚀
- Who owns The Moon? 🌘
- Markets grow bearish on Brazil: High inflation, interest rate hikes, constant political issues – JMP analyst sees it as buy opportunity. 🇧🇷
- Fuel shortage hits Bujumbura, causing havoc. People blame government – government blames supply chain. ⛽️
- Xi looks to regulate excessively high incomes and encourage high-income enterprises to return more to society. 🇨🇳
- Homeowners can lock in new 0.99% mortgage for five years with new deal. 🏡
- New Zealand was to be first advanced economy to hike rates. One Covid case stopped it. 😷
- Reading books that challenge your beliefs, instead of reinforcing them, can expand your cognitive capabilities. 🧠
- The mysterious relationship between Icelanders and Elves: A relationship built on faith and folklore. 🇮🇸
- A time-loop mechanic game that dives into the human psyche. 😵💫
- Way before MTV, music ruled the living room. 🎶
- $35M sitcom star Brett Butler now broke and asking fans for cash on GoFundMe. 💰
- Amazing Grace: Artist’s tribute casts new light on Victorian rescue heroine. 🖼
- OnlyFans will no longer allow “sexually explicit” content, starting Oct. 1. (that’s like Google banning ads). 🔞
- Boston Dynamics’ Atlas robots complete complex parkour obstacle course using sensory and perception systems. 🦿
- Lakes and seas might be present on Saturn’s moon. 🪐
- Great skepticism around Alpha Motor, a little-known mystery startup, producing a $36,000 electric truck. 🚛
- Dr. Southey and Dr. Zarrebini Join M2Bio Sciences and establish M2Bio Blockchain Research and Technology Group.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Study identifies the role a specific protein plays in regulating the development of inhibitory synapses in the hippocampus in the context of anxiety-related behaviors. 📄
- How testosterone works in the brain. 🧠
- Blind people can’t see color but understand it the same way as sighted people. 🎨
- Having at least one person you can rely on to listen to your concerns can help improve cognitive resilience and stave off cognitive decline associated with neurodegeneration and aging. 🫂
- Lab-grown mini-brains develop basic eyes that can “see”. 👁
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Atai Life Sciences will research Salvinorin A, the active compound in Salvia Divinorum, a hallucinogenic herb native to Central America. 🌱
- Eight weeks of meditation training enhanced brain connections.
- Four states report record-breaking marijuana sales in July.
- CBD beauty and cosmetics sales are expected to double in 2021.
- Cannabis could help curb opioid dependency.
- Psychedelics could provide just the right push to overcome addiction patterns like smoking.
- Maria Andrejczyk auctions her first-ever silver Olympic medal to fund an infant’s complex heart operation. 🥈
- Robert Lewandowski’s recent valuation of over £100M pushes him to face greater challenges with other European clubs outside Bayern Munich. ⚽️
- James Ward-Prowse rejects deal with Aston Villa for a five-year contract with Southampton. ⚽️
- To boost profits DAZN, the king of sports streaming morphs into a sports platform with services like wagering, betting, fantasy, and commerce. 🎲
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Aruma (ASX: $AAJ) – a junior exploring gold and lithium has plenty to be excited about. 🚜
Monday, August 23rd: JD.com (NASDAQ:JD) and Palo Alto Networks (NYSE:PANW).
Tuesday, August 24th: Best Buy (BBY), Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL).
Wednesday, August 25th: Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS), Box (NYSE:BOX), Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), Autodesk (NASDAQ:ADSK) and Snowflake (NYSE:SNOW).
Thursday, August 26th: Dollar General (NYSE:DG), Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR), HP Inc. (HPQ), Workday (NASDAQ:WDAY), Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL), Hello Group (NASDAQ:MOMO), Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), VMware (NYSE:VMW), Gap (NYSE:GPS) and Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON).
Friday, August 27th: Big Lots (NYSE:BIG) and Hibbett (NASDAQ:HIBB).
The IPO market cools down with no new pricing anticipated. Quiet periods expire on Traeger (NYSE:COOK), Duolingo (NASDAQ:DUOL), Robinhood Markets (HOOD), Icosavax (NASDAQ:ICVX), MeridianLink (NYSE:MLNK), Rallybio (NASDAQ:RLYB), Riskified (NYSE:RSKD), Snap One (NASDAQ:SNPO), Dole (NYSE:DOLE), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OMGA), RxSight (NASDAQ:RXST) and Tenaya Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TNYA). There is also an IPO lockup period expiring on Canada-traded Loop Energy on August 24 to watch. The hydrogen fuel cell stock
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +0.8% to 35,209. S&P 500 +0.9% to 4,437. Nasdaq +1.1% to 14,836. Russell 2000 +0.9% to 2,246. CBOE Volatility Index -11.5% to 16.15.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.6%. Utilities +2.3%. Financials +3.6%. Telecom +0.8%. Healthcare +0.7%. Industrials +0.2%. Information Technology +0.9%. Materials +0.2%. Energy +0.3%. Consumer Discretionary +0.4%.
London +1.3% to 7,123. France +3.1% to 6,817. Germany +1.4% to 15,761. Japan +2.% to 27,820. China +1.8% to 3,458. Hong Kong +0.8% to 26,179. India +3.2% to 54,278.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -8.2% to $67.89/bbl. Gold -3.% to $1,763.5/oz. Natural Gas +5.7% to 4.135. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.4% to 133.95.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.92%. USD/JPY +0.49%. GBP/USD -0.22%. Bitcoin +4.3%. Litecoin +6.1%. Ethereum +15.6%. Ripple +2.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
BeyondSpring (NASDAQ:BYSI) +182%. Score Media and Gaming (NASDAQ:SCR) +113%. Bit Digital (NASDAQ:BTBT) +95%. AeroCentury Corp. (NYSE:ACY) +83%. Kaixin Auto Holdings (NASDAQ:KXIN) +66%.
Top Stock Losers
E-Home Household Service Holdings (NASDAQ:EJH) -81%. Zymergen (NASDAQ:ZY) -65%. Live Ventures (NASDAQ:LIVE) -52%. Moxian (NASDAQ:MOXC) -50%. Sprague Resources (NYSE:SRLP) -48%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” —Estée Lauder
📖 Word Of The Week:
Raconteur [rak-uhn-tur], noun – A person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way. “A colorful raconteur”.
❔ Did You Know:
Derived from hemp, CBD is one of 113 cannabinoids found in cannabis. Each cannabinoid interacts with our body in a specific way, and we even have specialized receptors in our nervous system to accept them. As research continues to grow, so too does the demand for CBD.🌿
📚 Books We Are Reading:
6 Classic must-read books about the capital markets
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Ex-undercover policeman explains why we’ve got the fight against drug gangs completely up-side-down.
Medicine has limited options for restoring lost hearing, but recently, inventors in Japan and the U.S. have been trying a new approach: vibrating devices that allow users to “hear” through their skin.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.