Welcome to the 117th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Biggest Thai protest in years puts pressure on government.
- Leader of Belarus rejects calls to rerun presidential vote.
- President no more? A US bill would ban the title for China’s leader.
- IBR Success Sunday – Cai Dongqing.
- Your future home could be powered by the bricks it’s built with.
- ATM hackers have picked up some clever new tricks.
- The EU is launching a market for personal data. Here’s what that means for privacy.
- Applying machine learning to biomedical science.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Biotechnology could change the cattle industry. ?
- The Correlation-Causation taboo. Should psychologists be more comfortable discussing causality?
- Honey found to be a better treatment for upper respiratory tract infections than traditional remedies.
- Diabetes cuts life expectancy in U.K. by 6 million life years.
- Calculating the reduction in worldwide deaths from liver cancer if the whole world drank more coffee.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- CBD in the center of new autism clinical trial.
- Psychedelic research fundraising campaign attracts $30 Million in donations.
- Cannabidiol and Sports Performance: a narrative review of relevant evidence and recommendations for future research.
- Years of therapy or a week of magic mushroom drug? Mental health breakthroughs achieved on plant medicine retreats.
- U of L scientists receive two New Frontiers in Research awards.
- How many Canadian kids suffer harm linked to vaping and cannabis?
- Is psilocybin the next cannabis? New research is chipping away at the stigma attached to psychedelics.
- After legal win, what’s next for magic mushrooms?
- Serotonergic psychedelics LSD & psilocybin increase the fractal dimension of cortical brain activity in spatial and temporal domains.
- How to cycle up Mount Everest. ?♀️
- Adam Silver opens up about the NBA Bubble: ‘It’s Better Than What We Had Envisioned’.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Nikola (NASDAQ: $NKLA) – A Boom or Bust?
- GrowGeneration (NASDAQ: GRWG) CEO says cannabis ‘business is booming’ after company ups guidance. (was trading at $3 in April, now $18) More here.
- Ethereum Trading: The promise of the Crypto-Market.
- Apple becomes US’ first $2T company. (If one purchased $1,000 worth of Apple shares in June of 1997, when shares were trading as low as $3.56 a share, that investment would today be worth $632,000.) More here.
- Airbnb files preliminary paperwork for public stock offering.
- Jack Ma’s Ant said to target $225 Billion valuation in IPO.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow flat at 27,930. S&P 500 +0.7% to 3,397. Nasdaq +2.7% to 11,312. Russell 2000 -1.8% to 1,550. CBOE Volatility Index +2.2% to 22.54.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.2%. Utilities -1.7%. Financials -3.4%. Telecom +1.7%. Healthcare 0.%. Industrials -1.5%. Information Technology +3.5%. Materials -1.3%. Energy -6.1%. Consumer Discretionary +2.4%.
London -1.3% to 6,012. France -1.3% to 4,896. Germany -0.9% to 12,786. Japan -1.6% to 22,920. China +0.6% to 3,381. Hong Kong -0.3% to 25,114. India +1.5% to 38,435.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.7% to $42.3/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,947.6/oz. Natural Gas +3.5% to 2.438. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.4% to 139.65.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.38%. USD/JPY -0.73%. GBP/USD +0.05%. Bitcoin -3.2%. Litecoin -1.2%. Ethereum -10.3%. Ripple -6.5%.
Top Stock Gainers
Momenta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MNTA) +80%. LMP Automotive Holdings (NASDAQ:LMPX) +79%. Kirkland’s (NASDAQ:KIRK) +60%. iMedia Brands (NASDAQ:IMBI) +59%. RISE Education Cayman (NASDAQ:REDU) +58%.
Top Stock Losers
Unity Biotechnology (NASDAQ:UBX) -76%. Urban One (NASDAQ:UONE) -53%. Organovo Holdings (NASDAQ:ONVO) -45%. NuZee (OTC:NUZE) -45%. Centrus Energy (NYSEMKT:LEU) -43%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) News here.
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect.” – Warren Buffett
Deciphering and mastering the investment world isn’t about quant models and mathematical genius. It’s about having profound respect for Mr. Market’s ultimate weapon of choice… human behavior.
Failing to appreciate the behavioral aspects of investing is the most common pitfall to investment success. As Benjamin Graham so famously quipped, “The investor’s chief problem – and even his worst enemy – is likely to be himself.”
The rare genius all great investors share is a percipient understanding of the instincts, emotions, and tendencies of investment behavior.
? Word Of The Week:
Eponym n. A person whose name is or is thought to be the source of the name of something, such as a city or country. “George Washington is the eponym of Washington DC.”
❔ Did You Know:
The New Orleans Saints’ fleur-de-lis is actually a stylized lily historically associated with the French monarchy. It’s also the state symbol of Louisiana and appears on the Quebec flag. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- 60 Minutes: Psychedelics could help people with addiction and anxiety.
- 8 time Olympic medalist and short-track speed skating legend, Apolo Ohno opens up about self talk and how all battles are internal ones.⛸
- How caffeine changed the world. Author Michael Pollan discusses his latest work on the world’s most-used psychoactive substance.☕
- After legal win, what’s next for Magic Mushrooms?
? Books We Are Reading:
- Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand
- Caste: The Lies That Divide Us by Isabel Wilkerson
- 1st Case by James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts
- Then she Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
? One Liners:
- “I don’t have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.”
? Upcoming Events:
- The Master Investor Show 2020
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team