Welcome to the 66th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Italy’s president holding talks to find new government after Conte quits.
- Plenty to worry about, but not much for investors to do – by the remarkable Byron Wein.
- GMO says Emerging Markets stocks will trounce U.S. equities.🤔
- How exposed are U.S. investors to China?🔎
- The Laws of Investing. Great read.
- Photos: The Amazon Rainforest, ablaze in Brazil.
- The illusion of explanatory depth. Great read and so important to know.
- Read why complexity sells.
- Confessions of an Islamic State fighter.
- New electric car battery technology could allow vehicles to be recharged in six minutes. 🔌
- The Cold War spy technology which we all use. 🧊
- Carrefour says blockchain tracking boosting sales of some products.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Juvenescence raises $100 Million for longevity drug development. (Dr.Anna worked on the first pitch deck)
- Lyme disease is baffling, Even to experts.
- The fishy science of Omega-3s. Read why.
- What if aging weren’t inevitable, but a curable disease?
- Inside China’s play to become the world’s CRISPR superpower.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- UNM study confirms cannabis flower is an effective mid-level analgesic medication for pain treatment.
- Study on cannabis chemical as a treatment for pancreatic cancer may have ‘major impact,’ Harvard researcher says.
- Israeli researchers bet on cannabis for pets.
- Are party drugs the future of mental health?
- Magic mushrooms for better health? Psychedelic drugs are having a moment across US.
- What the sports world is saying about Andrew Luck‘s decision to retire. 🏈
- Indictment against Patriots safety Patrick Chung for alleged cocaine possession. Chung has played on the team for nine years, winning three Super Bowls.
- The names and logos for the eight teams that will compete in the upcoming XFL league have been revealed. See them.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- WeWork isn’t a tech company; it’s a soap opera.
- How Zillow makes money reinventing how we buy and sell homes. 🏡
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.” – Laurence J. Peter
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Temerity n. Excessive confidence or boldness; audacity: “No one had the temerity to question her decision.”
❔ Did You Know:
- 5% of the people who buy lottery tickets account for 51% of all tickets sold.
- A penny costs 2.4 cents to manufacture. 💰
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The Great Land Robbery: The shameful story of how 1 million black families have been ripped from their farms. (Great listen!)
- Josh Wolfe, co-founder of Lux Capital. The venture firm was set up to support scientists and entrepreneurs who pursue counter-conventional solutions to the most vexing puzzles in physical and life sciences. Listen to the interview here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Warren Buffett’s top 5 must-read books on investing:
- The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America – The definitive book on Warren Buffett’s views on everything from investing to management.
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing – By Benjamin Graham
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits – By Philip Fisher
- Jack: Straight From The Gut – A business memoir of longtime GE executive Jack Welch
- The Clash of the Cultures – By John Bogle
🤣 One Liners:
- Pleased to announce my wife and I finally completed a six hour negotiation to pick out the movie she’s going to look at on her phone while I fall asleep on the couch.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Twenty-three IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)