Welcome to the 165th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Kathy Hochul, takes office as New York’s first female governor. 🗽
- Terror bombings by Kabul Airport leave dozens dead and hundreds injured – US officials had been warned. ⚠️
- A lot at stake for J. Powell: US economy, investor sentiment, and his job. 💼
- Former Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of Congo arrested over missing COVID funds. 👮♂️
- The Kremlin is coming for the media – and they don’t play by the rules. 📸
- Tensions escalate in Europe around Afghan refugee migration issue. 🚨
- U.S. takes in thousands of Afghan evacuees daily, arriving through Dulles airport, and receiving a J&J jab on site. 🇦🇫
- Starbucks in New York may be first of 8,000+ U.S. locations to unionize. ☕️
- Can China help African cocoa producers outmaneuver Big Chocolate? 🍫
- Buenos Aires Province successfully restructured US$7+ billion of overseas debt, putting it a step closer to emerging 16-month default. 🇦🇷
- Russians’ struggling to make ends meet: 2 in 5 Russians can’t afford necessities. 🇷🇺
- China cut 5 million seats in less than a week in effort to curb COVID spread. ✂️
- U.S. consumers dim on future outlook – sentiment falls to lowest in nearly a decade. 📉
- Shein apologizes for negligence and launches investigation into “fraudulent” job ads discriminating Uyghurs. 🇨🇳
- Argentina planning construction of two new nuclear power plants – one with Chinese Hualong technology and another with Canadian help. ☢️
- Delta Airlines to impose $200 monthly surcharge on employees who are not vaccinated against COVID. 🛩
- The tools of generative art, from flash to neural networks. 🎨
- Graffiti artist captures lightness of clouds to lift spirits. ☁️
- The Holy Trinity has its roots from Ancient Egypt. 🇪🇬
- A psychologically rich life, not happiness or purpose, is the new way of living a good life. ☀️
- The story of Work and how man has mistaken his job for his life. 💼
- Tacit, founded by Madrenas, redefines how art is perceived in today’s world. 🖼
- Michael Grab of Gravity Glue uses rocks to define the importance of balance in life especially when it’s hard to attain. ⚖️
- Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro Lavradio Street could become an intangible heritage. 🇧🇷
- This NFT painting is a work of art: Machines are the new descendants of Picasso.
- 3D printing food start-up SavorEat has teamed up with global hospitality firm Sodexo to carry out a pilot of its Robot Chef food 3D printer. 👨🏻🍳
- Elon Musk unveils Tesla Bot. 🤖
- Most executives see digital assets as strong fiat alternative in next 5-10 years: Deloitte. 🪙
- How a simple job post about hiring old people in tech sparks up debate about ageism in the industry. 📄
- Microsoft Surface Chief, Panos Panay, takes yet another leap becoming executive VP reporting directly to CEO, Satya Nadella. 🚀
- eSims make life a lot easier by allowing quick switching between carriers and phone numbers. 📱
- Retinal imaging can be used as a biomarker for detecting early stage Alzheimer’s disease. 👁
- The First 3D-Printed steel bridge was recently unveiled in Europe.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Researchers discover exercise can counteract the toll of chronic inflammation. 💥
- Moderna’s mRNA Vaccine for HIV is starting human trials. 💉
- Cancer patients’ own cells used in 3D printed tumors to test treatments. 🖨
- Integrating the monoamine and cytokine hypotheses of depression: Is histamine the missing link? 💊
- Psychopaths don’t move their heads when talking. 😵💫
- Neurohacking: how to upgrade your mental abilities. 🧠
- Researchers have identified 579 genetic loci associated with increased risk of disorders associated with self-regulation disorders including addiction, ADHD, and anti-social behavior. 🧬
- A team of researchers at Texas A&M University, Northwestern University, and ImmunoGenesis have discovered a treatment for glioblastoma.
- Neuro-mesenchymal units control ILC2 and obesity via a brain–adipose circuit.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- While psychedelics show promise in treating a number of psychiatric disorders, matching the right treatment for the right disorder for the individual patient is still being examined. 🍄
- Psychedelics may inspire healthier habits. ✅
- High-end holidays offer the spiritual healing of guided, plant-based psychedelic experiences. 🧘♀️
- UK venture round shines spotlight on Europe’s psychedelics scene. 🇪🇺
- Dr. AnnaRx™ launching CBD & CBN nutraceutical line. 🌿
- Current trends in banking for cannabis-related businesses. 🏦
- Meet the women who regularly microdose psychedelics.
- Lionel Messi kicks off NFT ambitions with ‘Messiverse’ art collection. 🖼
- Ronaldo’s move to Manchester City looks like a “done-deal”. ⚽️
- Serena Williams is yet another big name to draw out of the US Open due to torn hamstring. 🎾
- ESPN to remove longtime basketball reporter Rachel Nichols after her leaked audio recording about her colleague Maria Taylor. 🎙
- Luke Willson steps out of football citing heart issues one day after signing contract with Seattle Seahawks. 🏈
- Melissa Stockwell: From Veteran amputee to three-time Paralympian. 🪖
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Pfizer makes big move in blood cancers with $2.3B Trillium acquisition. 🩸
- Picsart becomes the new unicorn with a fresh capital raise of $130M from SoftBank. 🦄
- The downward pressure on fund expenses continues – how low can the costs go? 📉
- HeadSpin’s co-founder and former CEO’s head is spinning now as he was arrested and charged with Securities Fraud And Wire Fraud. 🚔
- European Fintech unicorns raised an astounding $11.5B in 2020 alone – valuing them all together at $178B. 💰
- Aubrey de Grey (we do believe in innocent until proven guilty), his impact is undeniable: de Grey helped transform the longevity industry. 🧬
Monday, August 30th: Li Auto (LI), Cloudera (NYSE:CLDR) and Zoom Video (NASDAQ:ZM).
Tuesday, August 31st: H&R Block (NYSE:HRB), PVH(NYSE:PVH), CrowdStrike (NASDAQ:CRWD) and NetEase (NASDAQ:NTES).
Wednesday, September 1: Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), Chewy (NYSE:CHWY), C3.ai (NYSE:AI), ChargePoint Holdings (NYSE:CHPT) and Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE).
Thursday, September 2: Signet Jewelers (NYSE:SIG), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE:HPE), Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO), Ciena (NYSE:CIEN) Docusign (DOCU) and Lululemon (LULU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
There are no IPO pricings on the calendar in the week ahead as the sector takes a bit of a break ahead of the Labor Day weekend. Analysts won’t have the week off as the quiet period ends on European Wax Center (NASDAQ:EWCZ), Weber (NYSE:WEBR), Orange County (NASDAQ:OBT), Paltalk (NASDAQ:PALT) and IDW MEdia (OTCPK:IDWM) on August 30, as well as Adagio Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ADGI) on August 31. Of note, the IPO lockup periods expire on Oscar Health (NYSE:OSCR) on August 30 and Innovage Holding (NASDAQ:INNV) on August 31. The fall initial public offering season kicks off in Europe next week with companies like French health-care property firm Icade Sante, Belgian chemicals distributor Azelis, German call center business Majorel, DNA-sequencing firm Oxford Nanopore Technologies and Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. all on the watch list.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.% to 35,456. S&P 500 +1.5% to 4,509. Nasdaq +2.8% to 15,130. Russell 2000 +5.1% to 2,278. CBOE Volatility Index -11.7% to 16.39.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.4%. Utilities -2.1%. Financials +3.5%. Telecom +2.8%. Healthcare -1.2%. Industrials +2.2%. Information Technology +1.4%. Materials +2.6%. Energy +7.3%. Consumer Discretionary +2.6%.
London +0.9% to 7,148. France +0.8% to 6,682. Germany +0.3% to 15,852. Japan +2.3% to 27,641. China +2.8% to 3,522. Hong Kong +2.3% to 25,408. India +1.4% to 56,125.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +10.3% to $68.72/bbl. Gold +2.% to $1,820.3/oz. Natural Gas +14.6% to 4.413. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.2% to 133.89.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.85%. USD/JPY +0.05%. GBP/USD +1.08%. Bitcoin +0.4%. Litecoin -3.1%. Ethereum +0.6%. Ripple -4.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
Support.com Inc (NASDAQ:SPRT) +199%. Trillium Therapeutic (NASDAQ:TRIL) +184%. Vinco Ventures Inc (NASDAQ:BBIG) +121%. Takung Art Ltd (NYSE:TKAT) +115%. Gambling.com Group Ltd (NASDAQ:GAMB) +111%.
Top Stock Losers
Cassava Sciences Inc (NASDAQ:SAVA) -44%. Theravance Bio Ord (NASDAQ:TBPH) -41%. Selectquote Inc (NYSE:SLQT) -37%. Owlet Inc (NYSE:OWLT) -37%. Flora Growth Corp (NASDAQ:FLGC) -26%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈 – $200 target. (New highs at $132+)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“As a leader, you’ve got to live in three time zones simultaneously, the past, the present, and the future. Everything you do has got to honor the past, deliver in the present, set the table for a more prosperous future.”
— Former Campbell Soup CEO, Doug Conant
📖 Word Of The Week:
Inexorable [in·ek·ser·uh·buhl], adj. – impossible to stop or prevent.
“the seemingly inexorable march of new technology”
(of a person) impossible to persuade; unrelenting.
“The doctors were inexorable, and there was nothing to be done”
❔ Did You Know:
Around the start of the 2000s, Zimbabwe experienced hyperinflation that peaked in 2008.
Just how bad was the hyperinflation?
At the peak, a single U.S. Dollar was worth 2,621,984,228 Zimbabwe Dollars.
So if you had just a $1 bill and moved to Zimbabwe, you would be a billionaire.
Unfortunately, a loaf of bread cost 10,487,936,912 Zimbabwe Dollars.🍞
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Say Nothing: A True Story Of Murder and Memory In Northern Ireland – Patrick Radden Keefe
- Wealth Secrets of the One Percent – Sam Wilkin
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life – Gary John Bishop
- Self Made: The Definitive Guide to Business Startup Success – Bianca Miller-Cole and Byron Cole
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
How will we use artificial intelligence in 20 years’ time? Kai-Fu Lee, one of the most prominent figures in China’s tech sector and the author of “AI 2041”. 🧠
📆 Upcoming Events:
The M2Bio Blockchain live webinar is open to all individuals 😁☝👌
Please join the conversation via live Google stream on Friday, 3 September 2021 at 15:00 SAST here: http://meet.google.com/sxp-qgjg-ajq
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.