Welcome to the 118th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- TikTok sues Trump administration over US ban.
- With Shinzo Abe’s resignation, India loses its best friend and ally in Japan.
- The inside story of Robinhood’s billionaire founders, option kid cowboys and the Wall Street sharks that feed on them.
- Norway’s Wealth Fund seeks to end CEO drama.
- The tyranny of chairs: why we need better design.
- Tech oracle Jaron Lanier warned us all about the evils of social media.
- London meets Tokyo on our exclusive Nike Air Zoom Type ‘Hemp’.
- The difference between amateurs and professionals.
- What if we could live for a million years? (I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Greg Bailey this past week, CEO of Juvenescence)
- Successful people rarely admit how lucky they were. 🍀
- This is how your brain responds to social influence.
- Hurts – your own or those done to you – keep you stuck. Forgiveness therapy can help you gain perspective and move on.
- Larry Ellison, one of the world’s richest people, asks for a second chance at charity.
- The wildest insurance fraud scheme Texas has ever seen.
- Visionary Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh is stepping down after 21 years.
- Moore’s Law lives: Intel says chips will pack 50 times more transistors.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Each human gut has a viral ‘fingerprint’.
- The benefits of statistical noise.
- How fraud and a broken publishing system fueled the Vaccine-Autism myth.
- Scientists used protein switches to turn T-Cells into cancer-fighting guided missiles.
- A radical new model of the brain illuminates its wiring.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Warsaw Zoo testing if CBD can treat depression in elephants.
- Canadian government will respond to psychedelics decriminalization petition.
- Canadian recreational marijuana sales reach record CA$201 million in June.
- Magic mushroom drug-backer Compass Pathways files for U.S. IPO.
- Dublin trial assesses use of magic mushrooms on those with depression.
- Photos of Lionel Messi from every year of his historic career show just how long he was with Barcelona. ⚽
- Why are the NBA’s ratings going down? 🏀
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Palantir laid out its plans to go public in a direct listing.
- Dow turns positive for 2020, with S&P on pace for best August since ‘84.
- Blockchain, the amazing solution for almost nothing.
- ChiNext IPO debutant soars nearly 3,000 per cent, but analysts fear speculative trading could hurt reforms.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +2.6% to 28,654. S&P 500 +3.3% to 3,508. Nasdaq +3.4% to 11,696. Russell 2000 +1.5% to 1,576. CBOE Volatility Index +1.9% to 22.96.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.4%. Utilities -0.7%. Financials +4.4%. Telecom +4.8%. Healthcare +1.%. Industrials +3.%. Information Technology +4.5%. Materials +3.3%. Energy +1.1%. Consumer Discretionary +3.1%.
London -0.6% to 5,964. France +2.2% to 5,003. Germany +2.1% to 13,033. Japan -0.2% to 22,883. China +0.7% to 3,404. Hong Kong +1.2% to 25,422. India +2.7% to 39,467.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.5% to $42.96/bbl. Gold +1.3% to $1,973./oz. Natural Gas +8.5% to 2.655. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.2% to 139.27.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.9%. USD/JPY -0.4%. GBP/USD +2.02%. Bitcoin -1.5%. Litecoin -5.2%. Ethereum -0.4%. Ripple -5.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
VivoPower International (NASDAQ:VVPR) +215%. Cancer Genetics (NASDAQ:CGIX) +109%. Voxeljet AG (NYSE:VJET) +60%. Autoweb (NASDAQ:AUTO) +60%. MICT (NASDAQ:MICT) +50%.
Top Stock Losers
Garrett Motion (NYSE:GTX) -51%. Akers Biosciences (NASDAQ:AKER) -48%. Odonate Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ODT) -47%. Kirkland’s (NASDAQ:KIRK) -38%. Fulgent Genetics (NASDAQ:FLGT) -37%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Diatribe n. 1. A bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism: “Repeated diatribes against the candidates.”
❔ Did You Know:
Bananas are curved because they grow towards the sun.🍌🌞
Bananas go through a process called “negative geotropism.” Instead of growing towards the ground, they start growing towards the sun.
The fruit grows against gravity, which gives the banana its familiar curved shape.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Chinese girl performs 80 somersaults in 1 minute.
- John Arnold: The most prolific philanthropist you may not have heard of.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Wooden on Leadership by John Wooden & Steve Jamison
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap … and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Primal Leadership: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis & Annie McKee
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations by James Kouzes & Barry Posner
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan
🤣 One Liners:
A young girl and her father are looking at a nursery full of newborn babies. All of them are crying.
Girl: Are they hungry?
Dad: No…They just found out they’ll have to pay for the stimulus bill.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- The Master Investor Show 2020
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team