Welcome to the 103rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
To all the moms on Mother’s Day – Thanks for all you do. Have a super day! ❤
coronavirus update: Many economies around the world will be opening up for business tomorrow. We are moving in the right direction. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- UK government begins transatlantic trade talks with Washington.
- Internal Chinese report warns Beijing faces Tiananmen-like global backlash over virus.
- Iraq forms new government after six months of uncertainty.
- Andrew Cuomo is leaning on tech billionaires to help New York rebuild.
- Hillary Clinton NOT Biden will be Nominee in 2020.
- J Crew files for bankruptcy protection. ?
- Coronavirus: US to borrow record $3tn as spending soars.
- WeWork co-founder Adam Neumann accuses SoftBank of abusing its power in new lawsuit.
- Canadian real estate prices could drop up to 30%, Moody’s advises institutions. ??
- Coronavirus fallout claims Neiman Marcus as retailer files for bankruptcy protection. ?
- The layoffs at Airbnb cast a dark shadow over Silicon Valley.
- Inside the biggest oil meltdown in history. ?
- Airbnb slump means Europe’s cities can return to residents.
- For 32 years, this Japanese chef has been making a painting of every single meal he eats. ?
- Gui Khury, 11, lands first ever 1080 besting Tony Hawk. ?
- Common sense comes closer to computers. ?
- Biological to Artificial and Back: How a core AI algorithm may work in the brain.
- A Google body language consultant shares how to relax and be confident on Zoom.
- The new AI tools spreading fake news in politics and business.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Coronavirus NSW: Dossier lays out case against China bat virus program.
- Using human brain tissue in lab dishes, researchers show herpes link to Alzheimer’s. ?
- The red meat and plant-based recommendation wars. (NASDAQ: BYND is up almost 100% in the last month moving from $65 ➡ $135)
- The 12 best anti-aging supplements. (Do your own homework on this. Soon our friend and subscriber Dr. Greg Bailey , CEO of Juvenescence will be releasing a longevity beverage)
- Compound in licorice extract has potential to treat coronavirus. (We knew Licorice Allsorts had to be good for you!)
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psychedelic drugs can improve quality of life – and death – for older adults.
- Psychedelic psychiatry’s Brave New World.
- One doctor vs. the DEA: Inside the battle to study marijuana in America.
- Largest grant ever for cannabis research to help fund study by McLean’s Dr. Staci Gruber.
- UFC: Fighters return to the octagon this Saturday for UFC 249. ?
- ️ Bundesliga: Germany’s government has given the green light for the country’s top two soccer divisions to return to competition. ⚽
- The world of sports betting in a world without sports.
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bitcoin crashes 20% in minutes from $10,000 to $8,000 – Ouch.
- Last week, the Dow gained 2.5%, the S&P 500 jumped 3.5% and the Nasdaq rallied 6%. The S&P 500 has now rebounded more than 30% from its COVID-19 low and is just 13.5% away from its record high, while the Nasdaq Composite has climbed more than 35% off its lows and is now actually up 1.6% for the year.
- U.S. Indices
Dow +2.6% to 24,331. S&P 500 +3.5% to 2,930. Nasdaq +6.% to 9,121. Russell 2000 +5.5% to 1,330. CBOE Volatility Index -24.8% to 27.98.
- S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.4%. Utilities -1.5%. Financials -1.1%. Telecom +2.1%. Healthcare +1.2%. Industrials -1.2%. Information Technology +5.2%. Materials +1.%. Energy +3.8%. Consumer Discretionary +2.7%.
- World Indices
London +3.% to 5,936. France -0.5% to 4,550. Germany +0.4% to 10,904. Japan +2.9% to 20,179. China +1.2% to 2,895. Hong Kong -1.7% to 24,230. India -6.2% to 31,643.
- Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +24.9% to $24.66/bbl. Gold +0.3% to $1,706.7/oz. Natural Gas -3.3% to 1.828. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.% to 138.9.
- Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.35%. USD/JPY -0.18%. GBP/USD -0.78%. Bitcoin +12.9%. Litecoin +1.6%. Ethereum +0.8%. Ripple +0.8%.
- Top Stock Gainers
MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX) +205%.
Steamline Therapeutics (NASDAQ:STML) +156%.
Portola Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PTLA) +154%.
Lightbridge (NASDAQ:LTBR) +134%.
Protagonist Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PTGX) +115%.
- Top Stock Losers
SG Blocks (NASDAQ:SGBX) -37%.
Front Yard Residential (NYSE:RESI) -37%.
Capitala Finance (NASDAQ:CPTA) -33%.
Tarena International (NASDAQ:TEDU) -30%.
Inspired Entertainment (NASDAQ:INSE) -29%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Pink sheet listed penny stock Portage returned over $165 Million to shareholders in round 1. Ready for round 2?
- Smart money is moving into psychedelic medicine stocks
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ”Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
? Word Of The Week:
- Disingenuous adj. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating. “It was disingenuous of her to claim she had no financial interest in the company.”
❔ Did You Know:
- In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance that two people have the same birthday. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Jim Bianco of Bianco Research. (excellent listen)
? Books We Are Reading:
The best books on World War II:
- Life and Fate by Vasily Grossma
- Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin by Timothy Snyder
- Hitler by Ian Kershaw
- Leningrad: The Epic Siege of World War II, 1941-1944 by Anna Reid
- A Woman In Berlin (Anonymous author)
? One Liners:
Smoking will kill you… Bacon will kill you… And yet, smoking bacon will cure it. ??
? Upcoming Events:
Investing during periods of uncertainty: How to look after your money
Tue, May 19, 2020 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CEST
Free Online Webinar
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team