Welcome to the 97th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
To help fight the Coronavirus pandemic, we at IBR joined the #WorkFromHome movement – Except for our Dr. Anna, who’s tending to the needs of patients working gruelling shifts on the frontline in the ER. Total respect.
If you can: stay home, stay safe. We will get through this.
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Red and Blue America aren’t experiencing the same pandemic.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is delaying a vote on a constitutional change that would allow him to stay in office until 2036.
- The Senate has unanimously passed an emergency rescue plan. The good, the bad, and the ugly in this $2 trillion stimulus. ?
- Taleb – Corporate Socialism: The Government is bailing out investors and managers, not you.
- 3.3 million Americans filed for unemployment last week, almost 5 times the record high.
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, becoming the first world leader to contract the disease.
- According to data from a VPN provider, home-office workers around the world are averaging longer times logged on than they were two weeks ago, up to a 40 percent jump!
- O’Reilly Media closes the live conference business.
- Apple is planning to delay the release of its first 5G iPhone as the coronavirus pandemic threatens demand. This could be a major setback for the tech giant as its competitors at Samsung and Huawei have already released 5G-capable phones.
- These 6 ingenious time-savers will change how you use Chrome.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Fact: Coffee makes 30 percent of people poop. ?
- Science proved drinking coffee helps improve brain functioning and slow aging. Now research shows coffee can also help you lose weight and body fat. ☕
- Work on a Wuhan virus vaccine is going at warp speed in labs around the world. A biotech firm with the first potential vaccine to go into clinical trials, says it will try to provide access to a small group of healthcare workers by fall. Commercial availability would still be a year away at least.
- UK local authorities not ready for the number of deaths from Covid-19.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Harvest backs away from US$850M deal for Verano Holdings amid industry challenges.
- Fantastic Fungi: The magic beneath us. To watch the movie click here.
- MindMed advances 18-MC, potential treatment for opioid addiction, into further clinical testing.
- Champignon expands preclinical pipeline with measured psilocybin dosage studies at the University of Miami.
- New study shows that CBD improves efficacy of antibiotics.
- Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola has donated one million euros to help buy medical supplies for the fight against the coronavirus pandemic in his native Spain.
- Does Bill Belichick have something to prove without Tom Brady?
- Olympic Games 2020 postponed by a year. How many athletes just lost their shot at Olympic glory?
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Who’s zoomin’ who?
The SEC suspended trading in the largely defunct Zoom Technologies (OTC:ZOOM) – once a distributor of wireless products – after widespread confusion with popular video conferencing company Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ:ZM), which has seen a sharp rise in usage and stock price amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Over the past three months, Zoom Video Communications has risen 109%, while Zoom Technologies went from $1.26 to an intraday high of $60 last Friday.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
- U.S. Indices:
Dow +12.8% to 21,637. S&P 500 +10.3% to 2,541. Nasdaq +9.1% to 7,502. Russell 2000 +10.5% to 1,128. CBOE Volatility Index -0.8% to 65.54.
- S&P 500 Sectors:
Consumer Staples +7.3%. Utilities +17.1%. Financials +15.7%. Telecom +10.%. Healthcare +10.8%. Industrials +20.7%. Information Technology +15.8%. Materials +13.8%. Energy +20.5%. Consumer Discretionary +15.%.
- World Indices:
London +6.2% to 5,511. France +7.5% to 4,351. Germany +7.9% to 9,633. Japan +17.1% to 19,389. China +1.% to 2,772. Hong Kong +3.% to 23,484. India -0.3% to 29,816.
- Commodities and Bonds:
Crude Oil WTI -3.6% to $21.62/bbl. Gold +9.7% to $1,628.2/oz. Natural Gas +3.9% to 1.667. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +1.5% to 138.6.
- Forex and Cryptos:
EUR/USD +4.21%. USD/JPY -2.63%. GBP/USD +7.09%. Bitcoin +7.2%. Litecoin +4.3%. Ethereum +2.3%. Ripple +16.2%. Bitcoin-Cash flat.
- Top Stock Gainers:
Astrotech (NASDAQ:ASTC) +233%. Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) +149%. Battalion Oil (NYSEMKT:BATL) +139%. BroadVision (NASDAQ:BVSN) +125%. Century Casinos (NASDAQ:CNTY) +123%.
- Top Stock Losers:
Baudax Bio (NASDAQ:BXRX) -38%. Western Midstream Partners (NYSE:WES) -37%. Franks Internationals (NYSE:FI) -37%. NGL Energy Partners (NYSE:NGL) -37%. Hf Foods Group (NASDAQ:HFFG) -35%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Articles:
- Lifesaver for Remote Workers During Wuhan CoronaVirus.
- Communication Platforms Hot in Times of Wuhan Coronavirus: FlooidCX
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “War is merely a continuation of politics by other means.” – The famous sentence from military theorist Carl von Clausewitz.
? Word Of The Week:
- Adage (a·duhj) noun. A proverb or short statement expressing a general truth: “The old adage <out of sight, out of mind>.”
❔ Did You Know:
- “Wuhan virus” is the general term to refer to the germ or pathogen that causes the Coronavirus disease. “SARS-CoV-2” is the scientific name given to this virus. “COVID-19” is the name of the disease itself.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Ryan Holiday, bestselling author and author of Daily Stoic, discusses practical ways to find stillness and apply the insights of stoic philosophy in the midst of COVID-19 chaos. Ryan discusses the importance of taking back a feeling of control, the benefits of structure and routine, and the idea of being prepared for anything.
- Chris Anderson, who runs TED, hosted a 45min conversation with Bill Gates.
? Books We Are Reading:
These might be useful during the lockdown due to the Coronavirus…
Our top 5 books for entrepreneurs:
- “Start with why“ by Simon Sinek
- “Six thinking hats“ by Edward de Bono
- “Marketing, a love story“ by Bernadette Jiwa
- “Selling the dream“ by Guy Kawasaki
- “Oversubscribed“ by Daniel Priestley
To get your haircut:
We use Revue to send out our newsletter… So should you:
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Jeff Robinson, CEO of Wuhan/MJ Medtech, is making himself available at 10 am and 11:30 am EST each day this upcoming week: March 30, 31, April 01, 02 and 03. To book your 30 minute video call, please send Jeff an email : firstname.lastname@example.org. “Last week, I met some great people from all around the world – very rewarding. I had some amazing discussions related to cannabis, psilocybin and what to do in these irrational times.” – Jeff Robinson
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team