Welcome to the 179th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Russia preparing 175.000 troops for Ukraine offensive, US intelligence now claims. 🥶
- Gambians go to ballot with mixed sentiment – some praising current state of the nation, others showing discontent. 🗳
- Libyan court ruled son of Gadhafi can compete in presidential elections, overturning a decision by country’s top electoral body to disqualify him. 🇱🇾
- Argentina pitches its weak currency to attract international remote workers. 🤑
- Xiomara Castro from former First Lady to likely Honduras’ first woman president. Ending 12 years of rule by the National Party. 🇭🇳
- The most splendid housing bubbles in America: Another holy-cow moment. 🇺🇸
- China opens ‘green lanes’ for African agricultural products imports to meet a US$300 billion import target – but is clogged up with trade barriers. 🌍
- Turkish Lira lost more than 45% of value against USD this year – crash slams factories, farmers, and retailers. 💥
- Chinese property developer Kaisa Group Holdings failed to secure approval to extend maturity of $400M note due next week, raising serious risk of default. 🏗
- Goldman Sachs cuts outlook for U.S. economic growth to 3.8% for 2022, down from 4.2% – citing risks and uncertainty around Omicron. 📉
- Pakistan plans budget squeeze to win next $1 billion tranche from IMF, by withdrawing sales tax exemptions, cutting development spending. Further adding to galloping inflation and sliding currency. 🇵🇰
- “Massive Step Backwards” as Pringles adds milk to several popular flavors. 🥛
- Baldwin on if he feels guilt for killing Halyna Hutchins: ‘No,’ ‘someone is responsible … It’s not me’. 🤷♂️
- Alec Baldwin says he didn’t pull the trigger that accidentally killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins (a statement that could be used against him in the trial). 🔫
- The Cabarets of Heaven and Hell. In 1890s Paris, cabarets in bohemian Montmartre gave visitors a chance to tour the afterlife. 👯♀️
- A brief history of astronaut food, from nutrition cubes to space salads. 👨🚀
- Treasure trove of emeralds, rubies and sapphires buried for decades on glacier of Mont Blanc finally shared between French mountaineer and local authorities. 🏔
- Berlin’s famous Berghain nightclub seeks Unesco world heritage status and cultural protection for music that defined reunification era. 🎶
- Found in a Candy Tin: Illegally minted in Massachusetts Bay Colony, the 1652 silver shilling recently sold at auction for $351,912. 🪙
- Gelatex slashes cost of cultivated meat scaffolds raises €1.2M in funding. 🥩
- What nanoparticles are best for Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing applications? 🖨
- Novel 3D printing technique to engineer biofilms. 🌱
- Madrid’s Jobandtalent rakes in $575 million in new funding round at $2.35 billion valuation. 💰
- Never-before-seen electron behavior could help scientists create superwires for supercharged technology. 🦸♂️
- Strangely massive black hole discovered in Milky Way satellite galaxy. 🪐
- New AI algorithm can detect behavioral symptoms associated with anxiety with over 90% accuracy. 🤖
- App disrupts health care services in Democratic Republic of Congo facilitating quicker and easier access to medical services. 📲
- Scientists unveiled the World’s first living robots last year. Now, they can reproduce. 🚼
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How many calories are in black coffee? ☕️
- Roquette has created a pea-based softgel solution that can be used to make an alternative to gelatin capsules. The new launch will make it easier for companies to produce vegan-friendly medications and supplements. 💊
- Drugs in development to improve autophagy may help prevent Alzheimer’s from developing. 👩🔬
- Phytosterols: What are they, and do they have downsides? ❓
- Can you get high on nutmeg? A doctor explains what it does to the brain. 🧠
- A bionic eye being developed by a team of biomedical researchers at the University of Sydney and UNSW has shown to be safe. 👁
- Blasting mushrooms with UV light boosts vitamin D by 4,600%. 🍄
- Caffeine improves visual acuity by increasing alertness and detection accuracy for moving objects. 🎯
- MRI reveals altered brain structure in fetuses exposed to alcohol. 🥃
- Novel immune cell population may trigger inflammation in Multiple Sclerosis and other brain disorders. 🧠
- Bacterium common in the mouse gut microbiome can charge up the immune system to fight cancer cells in the colon. 🧫
- Depression score linked to white blood cell count. 🩸
- Study provides new insight into how antidepressant drugs work. 💊
- The motivation to invest in social interactions is closely linked to the reward system via the activation of dopaminergic neurons. ♻️
- Probiotics improve nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. 🤰
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELIC
- Psychedelics may have long-term impact treating depression, mental illness. 💊
- Will Hempcrete ever catch on? 🌿
- Here’s what happened when a bunch of Zen Monks took mushrooms (in theatres soon). 🍄
- Cannabis impacts sperm counts, motility in two generations of mice. 🐭
- Lamborghini aligns with Canadian cannabis producer to launch CBD coffee drinks. ☕️
- Switzerland: The home of psychedelics testing – What’s going on now? 🇨🇭
- The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has increased the production of psychedelics to meet the growing demand for research. 🔬
- Barcelona’s Alexia Putellas makes history as first Spanish Ballon d’Or winner since 1960. ⚽️
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or for 7th time. ⚽
- In a 30-minute interview with Golf Digest, Tiger Woods opens up about a painful year, a possible return to golf, and son Charlie’s progress as a player.🏌️♂️
- Novak Djokovic fails to steer Serbia into Davis Cup final as Croatia progress. 🎾
- Lewis Hamilton takes Saudi Arabian F1 GP pole as Max Verstappen crashes. 🏎
- Democratic Republic of Congo hosts national championships of wheelchair basketball. 🏀
- Chinese freestyle skiing sensation Eileen Gu nailed trick no other woman has done before, as she took Big Air World Cup title. 🎿
- Asia’s fastest sprinter Su Bingtian reveals how Hong Kong Paralympian William So inspired him to succeed. 🏃
- Divock Origi scores stoppage-time winner at Wolves to send Liverpool into second. ⚽️
- Luca Brecel reaches UK Championship final before revealing toilet troubles. 🚽
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- DocuSign, worth $46 billion at 4 p.m., plunges 30% after-hours as “the environment shifted more quickly than we anticipated”. 📉
- Bitcoin and other tokens plunge as worldwide capital market jitters spill over to cryptocurrencies. 🪙
- Bloody Bitcoin: Over 300.000 crypto accounts liquidating since Friday.🩸
- Agronomics plans additional £25M raise for its impressive cellular agriculture & cultivated meat portfolio (we first brought this opportunity to you 14 months ago at 5,00 GBX. It reached an intraday high of 41,00 and has settled back to a current 21,00). 💰
- VKontakte, “Russia’s Facebook”, has come under Kremlin control after series of deals gave majority stake to companies linked to state-run gas monopoly Gazprom. ⛽️
- Latam Airlines (SGO: $LTM.SN) reaches bankruptcy deal that hands reins to creditors. ✈️
- China’s Didi (NYSE: $DIDI) to delist from NYSE, less than 6 months after its IPO – shares plunge more than 20%. 🚕
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Mitocholine 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Medical Food/Biotech: Mitocholine.
- Mitocholine’s patented technology addresses mild cognitive impairment (MCI) by bridging the ‘brain energy gap’. Its product is slated to be a key ingredient in medical food to address MCI. 🔑
- The company plans to license its IP to a leading food & drink conglomerate and the team is already in discussions with a leading drinks brand. 💵
- The registered product, ingredients, and supporting research data will receive GRAS status from the US FDA and EU EFSA. ✅
- Mitocholine has a team of experienced neuroscientific and biochemistry scientists, food and drink industry leaders, and nutritional company specialists. The strong synergy of science, nutrition, and ‘food and drink’ industry experience enables the team to pursue the goal of creating medicinal-based food that can penetrate the medical food market to improve the quality of life of consumers by tackling mild cognitive impairment. 👩🔬
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, December 6: Coupa Software (NASDAQ:COUP) and MongoDB (NASDAQ:MDB).
Tuesday, December 7: AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), ChargePoint Holdings (NYSE:CHPT), Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL), Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:SFIX) and Dave & Buster’s Entertainment (NASDAQ:PLAY).
Wednesday, December 8: Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), GameStop (NYSE:GME), RH (NYSE:RH) and Torrid Holdings (NYSE:CURV).
Thursday, December 9: Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO), Chewy (NYSE:CHWY), Costco (NASDAQ:COST), Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) and Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) .
Friday, December 10: Academy Sports + Outdoors (NASDAQ:ASO).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPO watch: Chicago Atlantic Real Estate Finance (REFI), Nu Holdings Ltd (NU) and HashiCorp (HCP). Meanwhile, Rivian (RIVN) and Hertz Global (NASDAQ:HTZ) are the most notable companies that fall out of their quiet periods. Expect ratings to start flowing in during the premarket session on Monday. Analysts will also be able to post ratings this week on Expensify (NASDAQ:EXFY), CI&T Inc (NYSE:CINT), Weave Communications (NYSE:WEAV), Backblaze (NASDAQ:BLZE), Lulu’s Fashion Lounge (NASDAQ:LVLU), Third Coast Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBX), Vaxxinity (NASDAQ:VAXX), Society Pass (NASDAQ:SOPA), Winc (NYSE:WBEV), Kidpik (NASDAQ:PIK) and Tivic Health Systems (NASDAQ:TIVC).
IPO lockup period expirations: IPO lockups expire on 1stDibs.Com (NASDAQ:DIBS), Lifestance Health Group (NASDAQ:LFST), monday.com (NASDAQ:MNDY) and Zeta Global (NYSE:ZETA) on December 7, as well as on Splash Beverage Group (NYSE:SBEV) on December 8.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -0.9% to 34,580. S&P 500 -1.2% to 4,538. Nasdaq -2.6% to 15,086. Russell 2000 -4.3% to 2,150. CBOE Volatility Index +7.4% to 30.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.5%. Utilities +1.%. Financials -2.%. Telecom -2.8%. Healthcare -1.1%. Industrials -1.%. Information Technology -0.4%. Materials -1.4%. Energy -0.8%. Consumer Discretionary -2.4%.
London +1.1% to 7,122. France +0.4% to 6,766. Germany -0.6% to 15,170. Japan -2.5% to 28,030. China +1.2% to 3,607. Hong Kong -1.3% to 23,767. India +1.% to 57,696.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -2.8% to $66.27/bbl. Gold -0.2% to $1,784.2/oz. Natural Gas -24.8% to 4.095. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.7% to 132.12.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.01%. USD/JPY -0.43%. GBP/USD -0.76%. Bitcoin -4.3%. Litecoin -7.5%. Ethereum -0.1%. Ripple -5.%.
Top Stock Gainers
Cumberland Pharmaceu (NASDAQ:CPIX) +106%. Tuanche Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:TC) +94%. Adagio Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ADGI) +82%. Krystal Biotech Inc (NASDAQ:KRYS) +71%. Stran & Company Inc (NASDAQ:STRN) +51%.
Top Stock Losers
Beyondspring Inc (NASDAQ:BYSI) -72%. Fennec Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:FENC) -54%. Vaxxinity Inc Cl A (NASDAQ:VAXX) -52%. Olema Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:OLMA) -50%. Mink Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:INKT) -48%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
Famous psychologist Dr. Henry Link understood how the human mind tends to overthink and how we can fight against it.
📖 Word Of The Week:
1. free from undue bias or preconceived opinions
2. showing lack of favoritism
❔ Did You Know:
Marie Curie’s notebooks are still radioactive. ☢️
The mother of modern physics was known for her work with radioactive materials and the discovery of elements like polonium and radium. Unfortunately, her research took a hefty toll on her health, leading to aplastic anemia, which caused her death. The exposure to radioactivity didn’t just affect her, it also affected most of her belongings, including her clothes, furniture, and books. Now, more than a century later, Marie Curie‘s notebooks have to be stored in a lead box, as they are still radioactive (and will be for another 1,500 years!).
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- America’s Reluctant Prince: The Life of John F. Kennedy Jr. – Steve M. Gillon
A deeply researched, personal, surprising, and revealing portrait of the Kennedy heir the world lost too soon.
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed – Lori Gottlieb
A hilarious, thought-provoking, and surprising new book that takes us behind the scenes of a therapist’s world–where her patients are looking for answers (and so is she).
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World – Melinda Gates
A timely and necessary call to action for women’s empowerment.
Why does the law society prohibit sex between lawyers and their clients?
To prevent clients from being billed twice for essentially the same service.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Doerr’s firm KPCB operates 32 different venture funds with more than 675 investments. The firm’s early-stage investments are a who’s who in the world of technology: Google, Amazon, Twitter, Genentech, EA Sports, Netscape, Slack, Spotify, Ring, Beyond Meat, AOL, Sun, Intuit, Compaq, Sybase Citrix, Verisign, Peleton, and more. (Doerr still holds a 0.4% stake in Alphabet ($GOOG) worth about $8 billion dollars).
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.