Welcome to the 32nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Politics played no role in Huawei executive’s arrest: Canadian PM Justin Trudeau. What happened? ?
- France’s prime minister announced major concessions on fuel tax Tuesday, but the “yellow vest” protesters don’t plan to quit anytime soon. ?
- In Syria and Yemen, Trump’s main goal is to stop Iran. Policy takes shape.
- Here’s what’s going on with all the Brexit carnage, for normal people who’ve not been able to keep up. Buckle up.
- Payless opened a fake luxury store to see how much people would pay for $20 shoes. The answer? A hell of a lot. ?
- The performance of Ivy League endowments has trailed a passive portfolio of 60 percent U.S. stocks and 40 percent bonds over the past ten years.
- Russian shipwreck and a South Korean crypto scam: Investors were fooled by promise of a US $133 billion sunken treasure. Discover how. ⚓
- In a historic vote, the Brussels Parliament has unanimously backed a draft ordinance which recognises animals as sentient beings.
- Luxembourg is set to become the first country in the world to abolish all fares on public transit. The measures. ?
- A hand-painted bottle of The Macallan that spent six decades in an ex-sherry oak cask sold for £1.2 million – a new world auction record – in London. ?
- A new app can detect a blood disorder from a photo of your nails.
- The Chinese scientist who caused a global storm by gene-edited babies has reportedly gone missing. Read more.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Woman becomes first UK patient to get cannabis prescription. Her story. ?
- Bringing balance to the universe: New theory on dark matter could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos. Discover more.
- Every physician remembers their first bad case. A new psychology of control.
- Sir David Attenborough has said climate change is humanity’s greatest threat in thousands of years. Words of the naturalist.
- Inside China’s audacious global propaganda campaign. The read.
- A seven-year-old boy who reviews toys has been revealed as YouTube’s highest-earning star, raking in $22m. ??
- With his new Netflix special, Bruce Springsteen reveals that his bravest journey has been wrestling with his own mental health.
- Bowel movement: The push to change the way you poo. ?
- Soccer app giving behind-the-scenes access to Messi and Beckham raises $64 million. Read more. ⚽
- LeBron James is reportedly interested in having Carmelo Anthony joining him on the Lakers. The players’ thoughts. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Marlboro owner Altria (SWX: MO-USD) invests $1.8 billion in cannabis company Cronos.
- Cryptocurrencies are nearing the end of the road, and it’s time to do away with the digital coins, UBS Gobal Wealth Management’s chief economist said.
- Palladium (Pd) is now more expensive than gold. Pd climbed 2.3 percent to $1,230.90 per ounce.
- CBD oil is cropping up in an increasing number of high-end creams, oils and even mascaras, and the number of CBD users has doubled in the last year. Stay tunned for the upcoming release of Dr. AnnaRx™ line of cosmetics – OTC: WUHN.
- Uber is headed for a crash.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
? Word Of The Week:
- Aplomb – Adjective: Complete and confident composure or self-assurance.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Calvin Klein’s perfume “Obsession” for men is used by researchers to attract animals to cameras in the wilderness.
- On this day in history: December 10, 1799 – Metric system adopted in France, first country to do so.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- The TED interview: Ray Kurzweil on what the future holds next – The founder of TED Chris Anderson, talks to famed futurist Ray Kurzweil on what he thinks is coming our way next.
- Video of the week: The Shifting Funding Landscape. A roughly 30-min conversation and covers the big topics in startup finance.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
By Hans & Ola Rosling
When asked simple questions about global trends, we systematically get the answers wrong. In Factfulness, Professor Hans Rosling, together with his collaborators, Anna and Ola, offers a radical new explanation of why this happens.
- Can Democracy Survive Global Capitalism?
By Robert Kuttner
According to Robert Kuttner, global capitalism is to blame.
? Feel Good Monday:
- Science to explain some of those common office mysteries. Watch the video.
- Around the world, people are living longer, healthier lives than ever before: 5 places where people slow down aging.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @simoncholland:I got a job at Comcast and completed training so I could fix my own cable because it was faster than being on hold with customer service.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna