Welcome to the 180th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Former Senator, Republican Presidential Candidate Bob Dole dies at 98. 💐
- Canada, U.K., and Australia join U.S. in diplomatic boycott of Beijing Olympics. 🇨🇳
- U.S. imposes sweeping human rights sanctions on China, Myanmar, and North Korea. 👩⚖️
- Hundreds of House districts are being redrawn. Here’s who’s winning and losing. ✍️
- Thousands demonstrators block roads across Serbia protesting planned $2.4 billion Rio Tinto Lithium mine. ⛏
- Soaring inflation could hamper Biden’s effort to narrow wealth and racial disparities that he ran on. 💹
- Talks in Vienna to restore Iran’s nuclear deal with world powers appear elusive, as Iran and the West have varying views on path forward. ☢️
- U.S. budget deficit narrows to $356.4 billion in first two months of new fiscal year – down from $429.3 billion deficit over same period last year. 💰
- Fed data show U.S. household net worth increases in sixth straight quarter to $144.7 trillion, powered by real estate.🏘
- Inflation is running rampant in the U.S. – prices have risen 6.8%, the largest gain since 1982 – here’s where it is, and isn’t. 🇺🇸
- Venezuela inflation up in November to 8.4%, central bank says. 🇻🇪
- Digital Euro: Europe’s first cross-border trial of central bank digital currency payments was successful. 🪙
- No more hard cash from China, as Covid-19 deepens African debt-hit nations. ⛔️
- AI studies the emotions aroused by music and our way of perceiving them (more here). 🎼
- New research reveals the ancient animals survived some 8,000 years later than previously thought. 🦣
- Rare physical evidence of Roman Crucifixion found in Britain. 🇬🇧
- France to open classified Algerian War archives 15 years ahead of schedule. 🗃
- Fashion show in Ivory Coast features disabled models. 👗
- Harvard researchers develop microbial ink to 3D print living materials. 🖋
- How does 3D printing work? 🖨
- Devising new meat alternatives with 3D printing — and cocoa butter. 🍖
- What are the trends in 3D software for Additive Manufacturing? 🧪
- Decentralized blockchain voting program launches. ⛓
- New cyber protections against stealthy “Logic Bombs” targeting 3D printed drones, prostheses, and medical devices. 🎯
- Researcher pushes limit of when water will freeze – water droplet could avoid freezing down to -44C if it’s in contact with soft interface. 💧
- MIT and Google Brain create predictive simulator to speed up development of new Solar Cells. ☀️
- Physicists discover special transverse sound wave – “Discovery may lead to novel applications in acoustic communications, acoustic sensing and imaging.” 🔊
- Harvard Scientists observe Quantum Spin Liquids – a state of matter predicted and hunted for 50 years but never previously observed. ⚛️
- Inside the South African lab that discovered Omicron. 👩🔬
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Targeting the brain’s immune cells may help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. 🧠
- Harvard spinout Nabla Bio lands $11M to bring AI technology to antibody design. 💰
- Alzheimer’s disease should be approached as white matter disease, not gray. ⚪️
- Taking Viagra cuts the risk of Alzheimer’s by up to 69 percent. 🍆
- A new study reveals that exercise may reduce brain inflammation, better protecting us from Alzheimer’s. 🏋️♀️
- Up to 300,000 in the UK facing heart-related illnesses due to post-pandemic stress disorder. 🫀
- Canadian skin rejuvenation start-up also spawns longevity biopharma company targeting inflammatory cytokines. 🧬
- What is high-functioning mental illness? 🤔
- Israeli researchers print an ear implant – and it works. 👂
- The science of mind reading. 😶🌫️
- Obesity or Psoriasis: What comes first? 🤷♀️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- In a new study, researchers show that one psychedelic, psilocybin, essentially repairs the part of the brain responsible for alcohol cravings, hinting at a potential new treatment for the disorder. 🍄
- UAE eases harsh drug laws, relaxing restrictions on cannabis chemicals. 🇦🇪
- Nick Clegg joins calls for countries to shift towards decriminalising drugs and regulated sale of cannabis. 🌿
- Marijuana banking legislation stripped from federal defense spending bill. 👩⚖️
- Are psychedelics superior for treating mental illness? 🧠
- Virtual reality systems can be used to augment and extend therapy by establishing the proper ‘mindset and setting’. 👩⚕️
- Mexico high court clears low-THC cannabis production. 🇲🇽
- The public is being primed to feel groovy about psychedelic drugs. 💊
- Professor David Nutt explains exactly how psychedelic therapy works. 👨🏫
- Simone Biles named Time’s Athlete of the Year for ‘raising the volume’ on mental health. 🏃♀️
- Former Barcelona and Inter player Samuel Eto’o has been elected new Cameroon FA president. 🇨🇲
- Arsenal 3-0 Southampton: Volatile Arsenal lurch to victory over sloppy Southampton. ⚽️
- Hamilton and Verstappen’s gripping duel in Abu Dhabi represents F1’s peak. 🏎🏎
- Charles Oliveira retains lightweight title by submitting Dustin Poirier in UFC 269. 🥊
- Magnus Carlsen retains world chess title after final Ian Nepomniachtchi blunder. 🏆
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon believes Blockchain is more important than Bitcoin. ⛓
- Evergrande has finally defaulted: Here’s what happens next. 📉
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: $WUHN) acquires remaining shares in Tsime. 🌿
- Microsoft leads $27 million early-stage funding in crypto startup Palm NFT Studio. 💰
- Kickstarter to start Blockchain-Based crowdfunding project on Celo. 👾
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Oxford Drug Design 💊
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Oxford Drug Design
ODD is backed by renowned investors: Barengia, GSK Ventures, J.Milner, LEO Pharma, J&J, Merc, NOVO, O2h Ventures, R42, Takeda, and more. 👩🔬
ODD’s focused therapeutic approach against Cancer and Fibrosis utilizes an AI/ML discovery platform as well as tRNA synthetases (aaRS).
Received over £9m in international grant funding to date.
Currently raising £14m to develop and expand their drug discovery platform. 💰
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Wednesday, December 15 – REV Group (NYSE:REV) and Lennar (NYSE:LEN).
Thursday, December 16 – Accenture (NYSE:ACN), Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE), Carnival (NYSE:CCL), JAbil (NYSE:JBL), Expensify (EXFY), Rivian Automotive (RIVN) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX).
Friday, December 17 – Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI) and Winnebago (NYSE:WGO).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Fresh Vine Wine (VINE), Samsara (IOT) and Sidus Space (SIDU). The IPO quiet periods expire on Braze (NASDAQ:BRZE), Iris Energy (NASDAQ:IREN), Sono Group (NASDAQ:SEV), Sweetgreen (NYSE:SG), Crescent Capital BDC (NASDAQ:CCAP) and UserTesting (NYSE:USER) on December 13, as well as Finwise (NASDAQ:FINW), Snow Lake Resources (NASDAQ:LITM) and Advanced Human Imaging (NASDAQ:AHI) on December 14. The IPO lockup periods expire this week on WalkMe (NASDAQ:WKME), Convey Health Solutions (NYSE:CNVY), Alzamend Neuro (NASDAQ:ALZN), ATRenew (NYSE:RERE), Century Therapeutics (NASDAQ:IPSC), Atai Life Sciences (NASDAQ:ATAI), Cyteir Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYT), Ambrx Biopharma (NYSE:AMAM), Codex DNA (NASDAQ:DNAY), Femasys (NASDAQ:FEMY) and Meiwu Technology (NASDAQ:WNW)
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +4.% to 35,971. S&P 500 +3.8% to 4,712. Nasdaq +3.6% to 15,631. Russell 2000 +2.3% to 2,210. CBOE Volatility Index -39.1% to 18.69.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +3.5%. Utilities +2.6%. Financials +2.6%. Telecom +2.9%. Healthcare +3.2%. Industrials +3.1%. Information Technology +6.%. Materials +3.5%. Energy +3.7%. Consumer Discretionary +2.5%.
London +2.4% to 7,292. France +3.3% to 6,992. Germany +3.% to 15,623. Japan +1.5% to 28,438. China +1.6% to 3,666. Hong Kong +1.% to 23,996. India +1.9% to 58,787.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +8.6% to $71.95/bbl. Gold 0.% to $1,783.2/oz. Natural Gas -5.9% to 3.889. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.2% to 130.41.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.01%. USD/JPY +0.52%. GBP/USD +0.31%. Bitcoin -1.8%. Litecoin -6.9%. Ethereum -2.3%. Ripple -2.6%.
Top Stock Gainers
Insignia Systems (NASDAQ:ISIG) +319%. Ensysce Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:ENSC) +254%. American Virtual Cloud Tech Inc (NASDAQ:AVCT) +141%. Sigmatron Intl Inc (NASDAQ:SGMA) +104%. Vasta Platform Ltd Cl A (NASDAQ:VSTA) +87%.
Top Stock Losers
Reata Pharma (NASDAQ:RETA) -66%. Bolt Biotherapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:BOLT) -56%. Radius Health (NASDAQ:RDUS) -53%. Renren Inc ADR (NYSE:RENN) -51%. Mobiquity Technologies Inc (OTCQB:MOBQ) -46%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (news here)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
– Teddy Roosevelt
📖 Word Of The Week:
inextricably [i·nuhk·stri·kuh·blee], adverb – in a way that is impossible to disentangle or separate:
“For many top executives, golf and business are inextricably linked” |
“Christmas is inextricably interwoven with my notions of home and family.”
❔ Did You Know:
Here is a look at the life of former US Senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole.
Birthdate: July 22, 1923
Awarded two Purple Hearts and two Bronze Stars with an oak leaf cluster.
Dole served as a spokesman for men’s health issues including prostate exams and impotence.
Dole served as Chairman of the International Commission on Missing Persons and the Chairman of the National World War II Memorial fundraising campaign.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- How Change Happens – Duncan Green
- Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less – Michael Hyatt
- Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World –
- Alpha Girls: The Women Upstarts Who Took On Silicon Valley’s Male Culture and Made the Deals of a Lifetime – Julian Guthrie
- Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders? (And How to Fix It) – Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Medspresso™: The Art, Craft, and Science of Coffee (Jeff moderated this most interesting webinar all about coffee). ☕️
- A Review of 2021 for M2Bio and Discussing the State of the Markets (watch here). 🎬
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.