Welcome to the 132nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
The first shipment of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine has left the Michigan facility – great news!
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- FCC gets tough on China amid security concerns.
- How a high-stakes gambler set authorities on the trail of accused Canadian spy Cameron Ortis.🕵️♂️
- Suspected Chinese spy targeted California politicians.🕵️♀️
- U.K. and EU agree to extend Brexit trade talks.🗣
- The death of the department store and the American middle class.
- China reports consumer deflation for the first time since 2009, raising questions about spending power.
- Expect significant equity market upside in 2021: Goldman Sachs’ chief U.S. equity strategist. (a clear signal the market is near a top)
- Institutional Investor of the Year: BlackRock’s Larry Fink.
- A bit of frothiness developing in stocks. (a bit more than just a bit)
- Bob Dylan sells songwriting catalog in 9-figure deal.🎸
- The most striking images of 2020.📷
- 64 reasons to celebrate Paul McCartney.
- Tony Hsieh’s American Tragedy: The self-destructive last months of the Zappos visionary.
- How to save coffee from climate change.☕
- Quit worrying whether time is money. Start appreciating time’s true value.
- Chuck Yeager, pilot who broke the sound barrier, dies at 97.✈(RIP)
- Elon Musk: Bye, California, I’ve moved to Texas.
- The late Barron Hilton’s $75 Million LA mansion.
- AI has cracked a problem that stumped biologists for 50 years. It’s a huge deal.
- After the US election, key people are leaving Facebook in droves.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Evolution of the US public health system.
- Drug reverses age-related cognitive decline within days.👴
- Replacing sugar with allulose.
- Poor sleep can lead to depression in adolescents.🛌
- Human ‘stuff’ now outweighs all life on Earth.
- What makes hard workouts so effective.💪
- Researchers suggest stool transplants can battle serious infections.💩
- Gut microbiota plays a role in brain function and mood regulation.
- NAD: Is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide a super supplement or all hype?
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- John Mackey co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods says the cannabis industry is ‘Changing The World’.
- Is there such a thing as a hemp car?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) as a treatment of acute and chronic back pain. (more here)
- Why I’m convinced CBD drops helped my dogs live longer.🐶
- New compound related to psychedelic Ibogaine could treat addiction, depression.
- Psychedelics weren’t as common in ancient cultures as we think.
- Microdosing, where people take miniscule amounts of substances to change patterns of behavior, has brought psychedelics to the mainstream.
- CU Cancer Center doctor untangles issues around medical cannabis.
- Volleyball star Hayley Hodson had it all until blows to her head changed everything.🏐
- Vasek Pospisil reached two ATP finals, boosted his ranking back inside of the Top 70, launched the Professional Tennis Players Association (PTPA) and co-founded a mushroom supplement company.🎾🍄
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- DoorDash (NYSE:DASH) soars 85% in Wall Street debut.
- Airbnb (NASDAQ: ABNB) tops $100 Billion on first day of trading, reviving talk of a bubble.
- Canopy Growth (TSX:WEED, NYSE: CGC) to shutter 5 facilities, cut 220 jobs.
HEXO (NYSE:HEXO) on December 14; American Outdoor Brands (NASDAQ:AOUT) on December 15; Lennar (NYSE:LEN) on December 16; General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM), Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX) on December 17; Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI), Winnebago (NYSE:WGO) and Nike (NYSE:NKE) on December 18.
What moved in the markets last week:
Dow -0.6% to 30,046. S&P 500 -1.% to 3,663. Nasdaq -0.7% to 12,378. Russell 2000 +1.% to 1,911. CBOE Volatility Index +12.1% to 23.31.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.3%. Utilities -0.4%. Financials -1.8%. Telecom +0.1%. Healthcare -0.8%. Industrials -0.5%. Information Technology -1.4%. Materials -1.2%. Energy +1.1%. Consumer Discretionary -1.2%.
London -0.1% to 6,547. France -1.8% to 5,508. Germany -1.4% to 13,114. Japan -0.4% to 26,653. China -2.8% to 3,347. Hong Kong -1.2% to 26,506. India +2.3% to 46,099.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.6% to $46.55/bbl. Gold +0.2% to $1,843.7/oz. Natural Gas +0.8% to 2.596. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.2% to 138.02.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.06%. USD/JPY -0.11%. GBP/USD -1.57%. Bitcoin -4.%. Litecoin -9.3%. Ethereum -6.4%. Ripple -9.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
HighPoint Resources (NYSE:HPR) +210%. Phoenix Tree Holdings (NYSE:DNK) +165%. Blink Charging (NASDAQ:BLNK) +134%. Arcimoto (NASDAQ:FUV) +125%. AYRO Inc (NASDAQ:AYRO) +103%.
Top Stock Losers
Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (NASDAQ:BCLI) -63%. Rapt Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RAPT) -45%. Beyondspring (NASDAQ:BYSI) -40%. Oncternal Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCT) -39%. Ebang International Holdings (NASDAQ:EBON) -30%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Precocious adj. Manifesting or characterized by unusually early development or maturity, especially in mental aptitude. “A precocious child.”
❔ Did You Know:
Starfish (as with many radially symmetric animals) do not have brains.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Florida bird caught on video swallowing whole alligator.
Gerald Shulman, M.D., Ph.D.: A masterclass on insulin resistance—molecular mechanisms and clinical implications.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 must-read books on the psychedelic experience:
- Am I Dreaming? The New Science of Consciousness and How Altered States Reboot the Brain – James Kingsland
- Drugged: The Science and Culture Behind Psychotropic Drugs – Richard J Miller
- Hallucinogens: A Reader – Edited by Charles Grob
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers – Richard Evans Schultes, Albert Hoffman, and Christian Ratsch
- Psychedelic Medicine: The Healing Powers of LSD, MDMA, Psilocbyin, and Ayahuasca – Dr. Richard Louis Miller
Why is “abbreviation” such a long word? 🤔
📆 Upcoming Events:
12 days until Christmas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team