Welcome to the 82nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Just 10 days until Christmas Day! 🎅
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- It’s Boris Johnson’s Britain now. A resounding victory for the Conservative party. More here.
- Trump halts new China tariffs and rolls back some of the prior duties on $120 billion of imports.
- Paul Volcker’s greatest lesson wasn’t on economics. It was on being a public servant. RIP.
- USMCA: Trade deal reached.
- The little-known mutual fund that loved WeWork.
- ‘Unicorn Porn’: How SoftBank’s investing style
boostsmanipulates paper profits, but not real-world value.
- Why do Catalan Christmas traditions involve poo? 💩
- 10 actors whose work in movies in 2019 is most captivating, challenging, shocking and inspiring.
- ‘Death metal rarely works’: how restaurateurs choose the perfect dinner playlist. 🎵
- Meet Ynes Mexia, late-blooming botanist whose adventures rivaled Darwin’s. 🌻
- This former bank robber was just sworn in as a lawyer – by the same judge who once sent him to prison.
- ‘Click here to kill’: The dark world of online murder markets.
- Isaiah Berlin’s lecture on political liberty ‘Two Concepts of Liberty’ (1958) created a new standard for understanding the individual and society.
- The age of Instagram face: How social media, FaceTune, and plastic surgery created a single, cyborgian look.
- Hong Kong customs seizes HK$ 13.8 million haul of fake medicine in biggest such bust in a decade.
- Should a self-driving car kill the baby or the grandma? Depends on where you’re from.
- A community of 50 3D printed homes is under construction in Mexico.
- Can technology save the air travel industry from its delay problem?
- Popular Science: The 100 greatest innovations of 2019.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- ‘You keep loving each other’: A window into dementia at the end of a lifelong partnership. 👫
- The world’s supply of freshwater is in trouble as mountain ice vanishes. 🌊
- Unpacking the Black Box in AI for medicine.
- Why AI will be the best tool for extending our longevity.
- Biopharma has abandoned antibiotic development.
- China’s curing cancer faster and cheaper than anywhere else. What’s the catch?
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Compass guides magic mushroom drug through early safety test.
- Silicon Valley’s psychedelic wonder drug is almost here.
- How safe and effective are CBD treats for dogs? (Dr.AnnaRx™ for Pets will launch in 2020 – $WUHN)
- Researchers set out roadmap for using cannabis to ease older patients’ ailments.
- The FDA is fast-tracking a second psilocybin drug to treat depression.
- Using fungi to search for medical drugs.
- Prized free-agent pitcher Gerrit Cole and the Yankees have agreed to a record nine-year, $324 million contract. ⚾ Only $36M per year
- These researchers think poop could unlock athletic supremacy. Are they right?
- MLB removes pot from list of banned substances. ⚾
- The Ringer’s 41 favorite sports moments of 2019.
- The gore, guts and horror of an NFL fumble pile. 🏈
- For more information on how to open a Holt accound, click here. 💹
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Canopy (TSX: WEED) names Constellation’s David Klein as its new CEO.
- Scott Galloway open letter to Twitter Executive Chairman.
- The world has its first $2 trillion company: Aramco.
- Stocks celebrate US-China trade deal, S&P and Nasdaq hit records.
- Best Buy bucks the trend that’s crushing other retailers.
- JPMorgan: Shorting gold, buying raft of stocks the top 2020 trades.
- Apple hits an all-time high as China and the US reach a phase-one trade deal.
- Biohaven’s Troriluzole successfully advances past interim futility analysis in pivotal phase 2/3 Alzheimer’s Disease study.
- Cryptocurrency will not die.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Whether You Think You Can Or Think You Can’t, You’re Right.” – Henry Ford
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Nescient (adj); Nescience (n). Lacking knowledge; ignorant. “His nescience of the topic was obvious.”
❔ Did You Know:
- There are 18 minutes of total action in a baseball game.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- FRONTLINE investigates the role of state governments and Wall Street in driving America’s public pensions into a multi-trillion-dollar hole.
- Tim Ferris interviews Charles Koch — CEO of Koch Industries.
- Barry Ritholtz interviews: Peter Mallouk, CEO of Creative Planning, and author of The 5 Mistakes Every Investor Makes and How to Avoid Them. He has built the Kansas-City based firm from 150 million dollars in 2004 to $45 billion powerhouse today. Listen here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Bill Gates solves your gift problems: Here are his top 5 books for the holidays:
- These Truths: A History of the United States, by Jill Lepore
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, by Matthew Walker
- Growth: From Microorganisms to Megacities, by Vaclav Smil
- Prepared: What Kids Need for a Fulfilled Life, by Diane Tavenner
- An American Marriage, by Tayari Jones
🤣 One Liners:
- If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea, does that mean that one out of 5 enjoys it?
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team