Welcome to the 33rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The US Senate votes to withdraw support for Saudi Arabia’s war on Yemen. A symbolic gesture. ?
- Paris riots: Prime Minister to meet protest groups after worst unrest in decade. The scene.
- Starbucks will add delivery service to 2,000 stores – a quarter of US locations – in an intend to reach new customers. ☕️
- The Trump administration is planning to strip pollution protections from thousands of US streams and millions of acres of wetlands, in a move environmentalists warn will harm vital wildlife and could allow pollution into drinking water. Read more. ?
- After 41 years, Nasa spacecraft Voyager 2 became the second ever human made spacecraft to enter interstellar space. Discover. ?
- Walmart is testing a new robot named Flippy, to replace its fry cooks. Are robots taking over?
- The Parker Solar Probe takes its first up-close look at the sun. Take a peek. ☀️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Scottish doctors are now issuing prescriptions to go hiking. Read more. ⛰
- After marijuana helped survivor battle Alzheimer’s, his family pushes for more research.
- The water that flows through your home is teeming with microbial life. Check out what happens when trying to kill it off.
- Med Schools‘ business model is officially dead, according to Dr. Milton Packer.
- The importance of thoughtful deliberation, and its implications for the future of capitalism: Hard choices.
- Soccer agents have picked up $548 Million from transfers in 2018. ⚽️
- Tennis mecca Wimbledon, to expand after next doors golf club members vote to sell for £65m. Read more. ?
- Houston Rockets superstar James Harden dropped 50 points and his fourth career-triple-double in a win over Lebron James and the Lakers. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Mineral Resources and Albemarle formalise $1.6b partnership for Wodgina lithium project. Our penny stock lithium pick is AIS Resources Limited (TXS.V AIS | OTC: AISSF). The AIS team are currently working on 2 exploration sites in Northern Argentina.
- In the same week that the US Farm Bill passed legalising hemp, Aurora Cannabis (TSE: ACB) completed three strategic investments.
- Altria (NYSE: MO) buys 45% of Cronos Group for C$2.4 billion with option to take controlling stake.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
? Word Of The Week:
- Acquiesce (verb): To assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Chock Full O’Nuts Coffee does not contain nuts. It’s named for a chain of nut stores that the founder converted into coffee shops.
- On this day in history: December 18, 1957 – The World’s 1st full scale nuclear power plant begins to generate electricity, at the Shipping port Atomic Power Station in Pennsylvania.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Fifht Risk
By Michael Lewis
What are the consequences if the people given control over our government have no idea how it works?
- The Asshole Survival Guide
By Robert I. Sutton
Stanford professor Robert Sutton offers practical advice on identifying and tackling any kind of person that treats you like dirt.
? Feel Good Tuesday:
- Things that inevitably happen when you work in an office – Completely spot on.
- A pep talk from Kid President to you: It’s everybody’s duty to give the world a reason to dance.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @clur19: I can’t believe my parents let me be my own person instead of forcing me to play sports or take some kind of lesson, because now I’m an adult who has no hobbies and no talent.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna