Welcome to the 228th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
This will be our last edition for 2022. Our first edition in 2023 will be on January 08.📆
We thank you all for your continued support and wish you all a fantastic festive season filled with love and happiness.❤️
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Remembering our Covid-19 journey – the hardships and our spirit of perseverance 😷
- BlackRock has been targeted by a political attack-style campaign for Being ‘Woke’.
- Nothing here I want to post until January.
- Do you underestimate the impact of being kind?
- No TikTok: Sacred sites in Nepal start to ban the video-sharing app. 📱
- Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie dead: ‘Songbird’ legend was 79. (RIP)
- Disney fires CEO Bob Chapek after woke war with DeSantis.💼
- Brexit has worsened shortage of NHS doctors, analysis shows.
- CNN connects Daylight Savings Time to ‘Structural Racism’.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet” star, dead at 71. (RIP)
- What can blockchain do for increasing human longevity?
- Walmart overtakes Amazon in shoppers’ search for Black Friday bargains
- Apple and Elon Musk’s Twitter are on a collision course📱
- 3D printing can aid in the production of radiopharmaceuticals.
- AI homework.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- You’ve damaged your gut microbiome–Now what?
- Exercise addiction is a real mental health condition, yet still poorly understood.🏋️
- MRI reveals significant brain abnormalities Post-COVID.🧠
- Taking NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or naproxen for arthritis may make inflammation worse over time.
- Using Ketamine to treat Anorexia.
- How CBD can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Two new genes that raise a person’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease have been discovered by researchers at Cardiff University.
- Cellular “Glue” to regenerate tissues, heal wounds, and regrow nerves.
- Colon Cancer: New study shows dietary changes shrink tumors.
- Why does the Alzheimer’s brain become Insulin-Resistant?
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Can tripping save the planet?
- What psychedelics can’t explain.
- Does Thailand really want to become a cannabis tourism hot spot? (still so early in the game and very disorganized – makes for great opportunities. Jeff just got back from a 3-week exploratory visit)
- Why are cannabis beverages struggling to take market share from flower and edibles?
- Selling the Priceless Mushroom: A history of psilocybin mushroom trade in the Sierra Mazateca.
- Access to psychedelics passed in Colorado. Now what?
- DEA proposes even higher 2023 production quotas for psychedelics like MDMA and Psilocyn.
- Cannabis as a treatment for Covid-19.
- Meta-Analysis of Intravenous vs Intranasal Ketamine.
- Ketamine: Could this anesthetic be the key to treating neurological disorders?
- Study looks at how ketamine acts as a switch in the brain.
- Neuroimaging correlates of treatment response with psychedelics in Major Depressive Disorder.
- Europe’s first THC adult-use Cannabis trial set to launch in January 2023.
- Sir Clive Woodward slams state of English rugby after South Africa loss 🏉
The Heated Debate: Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi – who’s the bigger threat?⚽
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Microsoft buys near 4% stake in London Stock Exchange Group as part of 10-year cloud deal. (no potential conflict here) 🤣
- Auditing giant Mazars Group suspends work with Binance, crypto companies. (nothing to see here👀)
Monday, December 19 – Heico (NYSE:HEI) and Steelcase (SCS).
Tuesday, December 20 – Nike (NKE), General Mills (GIS), FedEx (FDX), CalAmp Corp. (CAMP), and Blackberry (BB).
Wednesday, December 21 – Micron Technology (MU), Rite Aid (RAD), and Toro Company (TTC).
Thursday, December 22 – Paychex (PAYX) and CarMax (KMX).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -1.7% to 32,920. S&P 500 -2.1% to 3,852. Nasdaq -2.7% to 10,705. Russell 2000 -1.9% to 1,763. CBOE Volatility Index -0.9% to 22.62.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.4%. Utilities -0.6%. Financials -2.5%. Telecom -2.5%. Healthcare -1.8%. Industrials -1.1%. Information Technology -2.7%. Materials -2.3%. Energy +1.7%. Consumer Discretionary -3.6%.
London -1.9% to 7,332. France -3.4% to 6,453. Germany -3.3% to 13,893. Japan -1.3% to 27,527. China -1.2% to 3,168. Hong Kong -2.3% to 19,451. India -1.4% to 61,338.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.2% to $74.5/bbl. Gold -0.4% to $1,803./oz. Natural Gas +5.9% to 6.611. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.488.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.53%. USD/JPY +0.11%. GBP/USD -0.92%. Bitcoin -2.4%. Litecoin -12.7%. Ethereum -6.8%. XRP -7.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Moderna (MRNA) +9%. Halliburton (HAL) +9%. Universal Health Services (UHS) +7%. PulteGroup (PHM) +5%. Schlumberger (SLB) +5%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Charter Communications (CHTR) -20%. Tesla (TSLA) -16%. Trimble (TRMB) -13%. United Airlines Holdings (UAL) -11%. Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) -11%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) 📈Big (beta) upside. $25 target
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain” – Dolly Parton 🌈
📖 Word Of The Week:
Fervor – intense and passionate feeling. Noun.
❔ Did You Know:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World – by Tim Ferriss.
- Crushing It: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence – and How You Can, Too – by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- The Prosperity Paradox: How Innovation Can Lift Nations Out of Poverty – Clayton M. Christensen
- Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again – by Eric Topol
Q: Why did the can crusher quit his job? Because it was soda pressing.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Diana Chapman: Trusting Your Instincts [The Knowledge Project Ep. #130]
- Thomas Zurbuchen: Adventures in Astrophysics. [The Knowledge Project Ep. #108]
- Jeff’s latest Internet Bull Report interview: Watch It Here.
- Social psychologist Emily Balcetis goes in-depth on understanding how people’s perceptions of the world fuel their motivations and life goals.
📆 Upcoming Events:
None for you today but will share many in 2023.
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.