Welcome to the 181st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing all a very Merry Christmas! 🎅🤶🎄
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Speculation is running hot that Hillary Clinton is maneuvering to run for president again in 2024. 🤔
- Senate giving up on passing Biden’s Build Back Better in 2021. 🤷♀️
- Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal gives Communism a boost. ⚒️
- White House: Biden will run again with Kamala Harris beside him. 🇺🇸
- Russia issues demands for security guarantees to limit NATO’s Influence in Ukraine and the former Soviet space of Eastern-Europe. 📜
- China sends aid to Afghanistan as Taliban grapples with winter crisis. 🇦🇫
- North Korea: Abusive Rule 10 years after Kim Jong Il. 🇰🇵
- Biden signs debt ceiling increase, lifting the government’s borrowing limit by $2.5 trillion, preventing first-ever U.S. default. 💰
- For the third time in five years Nigerian senators reject bill to end discrimination on basis of gender or marital status. 🙅♂️
- El Salvador: President Bukele violates free speech blocking critics on social media. ⛔️
- Morgan Stanley warns the Fed’s turbo taper will trigger market chaos over “The Next 3-4 Months“. 💥
- The biggest companies in the world in 2021. 🏢
- Big Pharma willing to take massive haircut to get on China’s coveted list of medicines eligible for insurance reimbursements. 💇♂️
- Pfizer executives say Covid could become endemic, a vaccinated-protected ailment like the flu, by 2024. 🦠
- Foreign holdings of U.S. Treasuries, led by Japan and China, rose to a record high in October. 🏦
- Wholesale prices measure rose 9.6% in November from a year ago, the fastest pace on record. 📈
- FED expected to double pace of taper to $30 billion and roughly end at $120 billion in monthly asset purchases by March, then hike rates three times in each of next two years, starting in June 2022. 💹
- Meet the real NASA scientist behind Netflix’s Don’t Look Up. 👩🚀
- How we proved a Rembrandt painting owned by the University of Pretoria was a fake. 🖼
- Melania Trump launches NFT Art Series, part of proceeds to support Foster Care initiative. 👾
- Rare Viking sword discovered in grave on Scottish island. 🗡
- Scientists find Emperor Wen’s tomb after centuries of honoring the wrong location. 🪦
- Accra Fashion Week hosts west African designers. 👗
- How the swimsuit showdown shaped the Miss America contest. 👙
- Whatever happened to Airships? 🎈
- A team from UNSW wants to use Luyten 3D printing technology to build a house on the Moon. 🛖
- Dawn of a new era: U.S. Navy unveils Laser Weapon System, destroys target in Gulf Of Aden. ⛴
- Self-healing 3D printed plastic can repair itself using only light. 🖨
- Parker Solar Probe: For the first time in history, a spacecraft has touched the Sun. ☀️
- Understanding phase change materials for thermal energy storage. ⚡️
- ExoMars discovers hidden water in Mars’ Grand Canyon – the largest canyon in the Solar System. 💧
- Technologies behind detection of gravitational waves – are now being used in the long-standing search for dark matter. 📡
- Russia rolls out first prototype of Okhotnik (“Hunter”) stealth drone ahead of trials and future serial production. 🛩
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- A closer look at the Mediterranean diet. 🫒
- Long-term memory consolidation and short-term memory processes that occur during sleep do so at a cost to one another. 🛌
- DoyYou love coffee without cream or sugar? It could be genetic. 🧬
- US Blacklists dozens of Chinese biotech firms that aid military, including for ‘Brain-Control Weaponry’. 🇨🇳
- Practicing mindfulness when your mind is wandering can help you regain attention. 🧘♀️
- Coffee production hurts the planet. Scientists think they may have another way. ☕️
- More Americans have died from Coronavirus under Biden than Trump despite Biden pledge to ‘Shut Down The Virus’. 🦠
- Diet influences dopamine and insulin signaling in the brain, which in turn directly affects the peripheral sensory response in fruit flies. This response influences what the fly decides to eat next. 🥗
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Malta is set to become the first country in Europe to legalize marijuana. 🌿
- Psychedelics: The newest tool in nuclear negotiations? ☢️
- New research explores how psychedelics can change one’s personality. 🔬
- Low-intensity transcranial ultrasound stimulation helps modulate brain activity and behaviors associated with a range of psychiatric disorders. 🔊
- Three Canadians with mental health conditions receive legal access to psilocybin mushrooms. 🍄
- Who lifts the 2021 FIFA Arab Cup – Algeria or Tunisia? ⚽️
- World Cup downhill ski surprise as Bryce Bennett ends five-year US drought. ⛷
- Ash Barty, Novak Djokovic, and Dylan Alcott win ITF champion awards. 🎾
- Extreme E is the first environmentally conscious motorsport venture – “a race which leaves no trace”. 🏁
- Andy Murray beats Rafael Nadal in straight sets at Mubadala World Tennis Championship. 🎾
- Tiger Woods plays down expectations ahead of competitive golf return. 🏌️♂️
- William Borland settles deciding leg with nine-dart finish at World Championship. 🎯
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Members Of Congress and their families traded over $630 Million in stocks this year. 💰
- Adidas Originals sold $23 million in its first NFT drop. 💸
- Reddit IPO to test social media platform’s ‘meme’ stock hype. 📈
- JPMorgan hit with $200 million in fines for letting employees use WhatsApp to evade regulators. 🧾
- Melania Trump launches NFT venture. Own digital watercolor painting of Melania’s eyes in exchange for a Solan token, currently valued around $180 each. 👁👁
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Yuva Bioscience 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
US-based Cosmetics Biotech/Drug development company: Yuva Bioscience
The company will focus its initial programs on two rapidly expanding growth markets:
- Skin and hair aging, and
- Ovarian health and fertility
By using natural or already FDA-approved compounds, Yuva is planning to penetrate the antiaging cosmetics markets with an effective, scientifically proven, topical solution that can be applied to the skin and scalp. 👱♀️
Yuva Bioscience’s Advanced Discovery and Development Platform rapidly identify inducers of mitochondrial health and biogenesis to address aging-related diseases. 🧬
Due to its non-invasive nature and reduced side effects, this IP stands to compete well against other procedures currently in the antiaging cosmetic market.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, December 20 – Carnival (NYSE:CCL), Nike (NKE) and Micron (MU).
Tuesday, December 21 – Rite Aid (RAD), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), CalAmp (NASDAQ:CAMP) and BlackBerry (NYSE:BB).
Wednesday, December 22 – CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Cintas (NASDAQ:CTAS) and PayChex (NASDAQ:PAYX).
Thursday, December 23 – Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are expected to debut during the holiday-shortened week. Across the Pacific, Chinese artificial intelligence startup SenseTime Group is expected to debut in Hong Kong. It is a busy week of IPO lockup expirations with Full Truck Alliance (NYSE:YMM) on December 20, Monte Rosa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GLUE) and Doximity (NYSE:DOCS) on December 21, as well as Elevation Oncology (NASDAQ:ELEV), Mister Car Wash (NYSE:MCW), Argo Blockchain (NASDAQ:ARBK), Elevation Oncology (ELEV) and Graphite Bio (NASDAQ:GRPH) on December 22 all standing out.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -1.7% to 35,365. S&P 500 -1.9% to 4,621. Nasdaq -3.% to 15,170. Russell 2000 -1.9% to 2,170. CBOE Volatility Index +15.4% to 21.57.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.2%. Utilities +1.2%. Financials -1.3%. Telecom -1.3%. Healthcare +2.5%. Industrials -2.8%. Information Technology -4.%. Materials -0.8%. Energy -5.1%. Consumer Discretionary -4.3%.
London -0.3% to 7,270. France -0.9% to 6,927. Germany -0.6% to 15,532. Japan +0.4% to 28,546. China -0.9% to 3,632. Hong Kong -3.4% to 23,193. India -3.% to 57,012.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -1.9% to $70.3/bbl. Gold +0.8% to $1,798.4/oz. Natural Gas -6.5% to 3.671. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.6% to 131.14.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.63%. USD/JPY +0.26%. GBP/USD -0.22%. Bitcoin -6.3%. Litecoin -7.%. Ethereum -4.9%. Ripple -3.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Galera Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:GRTX) +118%. Spruce Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:SPRB) +100%. Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA) +84%. Genfit S.A. ADR (NASDAQ:GNFT) +67%. Foghorn Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:FHTX) +59%.
Top Stock Losers
Nisun Int Ent Dev Grp Ltd (NISN) -72%. Adagio Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ADGI) -65%. Cabaletta Bio Inc (NASDAQ:CABA) -65%. Terawulf Inc (NASDAQ:WULF) -62%. Generation Bio CO (NASDAQ:GBIO) -50%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (press release here)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.”
– Brian Tracy
📖 Word Of The Week:
Congenial [kuhn·jee·nee·uhl], adjective – pleasant, friendly, or suitable: “The office is a congenial place to work”.
❔ Did You Know:
Beloved children’s book author Roald Dahl was a spy.
Though best known as the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach, the author also put in time as a spy for the British Security Coordination gathering intelligence during World War II. One of his specialties was using his charm to seduce society ladies, possibly for intelligence gathering, possibly for his own enjoyment.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Enlightened Capitalists: Cautionary Tales of Business Pioneers Who Tried to Do Well by Doing Good – James O’Toole
- The Surprising Science of Meetings: How You Can Lead Your Team to Peak Performance – Steven G. Rogelberg
- Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell – Eric Schmidt
- Iacocca: An Autobiography – Lee Iacocca (A must-read!)
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius – Donald Robertson
Patient: “Hey Doc, is there any chance I’ll be able to play the violin after the operation?”
Doctor: “After some healing, yes, of course!”
Patient: “Great! How exciting. I never could before!”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.