Welcome to the 83rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Hanukkah! ⚡
Just 3 days until Christmas Day! ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Donald Trump impeached by House of Representatives in historic vote.
- Boris Johnson’s victory holds lessons for Dems in 2020.
- Cuba names Manuel Marrero Cruz as first prime minister since 1976.
- The Forbes Investigation: Inside the secret bank behind the fintech boom. ?
- The corporate poo patrol is coming after your precious toilet time. ?
- Mormon Church has misled members on $100 billion tax-exempt investment fund, whistleblower alleges. ⛪
- The UK’s top-earning CEO bags record $422 million payday. ?
- Australia heatwave: All-time temperature record broken again. ?
- Why the government breeds and releases billions of flies a year.
- The dark side of plant-based food: It’s more about money than you may think.
- China’s former securities watchdog chief urges closer supervision of AI in finance industry.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- 4 common but harmful myths about how your brain works. ?
- Researchers discover brain circuit linked to food impulsivity.
- Rapamycin may slow skin aging.
- A new anti-aging therapy is starting its first human trial—and it costs $1 Million. (certainly sounds interesting, and risky)
- At Mayo Clinic, AI engineers face an ‘acid test’: Will their algorithms help real patients?
- Artificial intelligence improves breast cancer risk prediction.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Jerry Garcia estate announces signature cannabis brand.
- Budding economy: How indigenous peoples are cashing in on Canada’s cannabis boom.
- Bruce Linton talks psychedelics investments, microdosing and LSD: ‘The Therapeutic Potential Of Psychedelics Is Greater Than Cannabinoids’.
- E. coli could produce a popular psychedelic for therapeutic use.
- Charlotte to become MLS’ 30th franchise for record $325 million. ⚽
- Drew Brees sets records for most career TD passes, single-game completion percentage. ?
- High-tech football helmet maker Vicis is running out of money in sudden downfall for Seattle startup. ?
- The nine plays that explain Joe Burrow’s rise from QB afterthought to Heisman legend.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Cineplex (CGX:TO) shares soar on $2.15 billion takeover offer from Cineworld (CINE:L)
- China’s big blockchain bet aims for an early advantage over the U.S.
- Stocks rally to new record ahead of holiday week.
- The making of a mammoth merger: Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ) (latest press release here)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine -and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
? Word Of The Week:
- Elucidate v. Make (something) clear; explain. “The presentation will help to elucidate the project.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Farm-raised salmon is naturally white and then dyed pink. While wild salmon are naturally pink due to the large amount of shrimp in their diet, farm-raised salmon eat differently. In order to achieve that pleasing pink color, salmon farmers add carotenoids (plant pigments) to the fish feed to mimic the natural hue of wild salmon. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Biased algorithms, biased world. (45 minute most interesting listen)
- Sarah Cone, founder of Social Impact Capital, a New York based VC firm is interviewed by Barry Ritholtz.
- Watch 2019’s 10 most-streamed FRONTLINE Documentaries.
? Books We Are Reading:
“Executives should read fewer management books; only one book in 20 should be a business book” – Jim Collins. Here are his top 5 picks:
- In Love and War, by Jim and Sybil Stockdale
- Means of Ascent, by Robert Caro, and Truman, by David McCullough
- The Panda’s Thumb, by Stephen Jay Gould
- The Plague, by Albert Camus
- The Second World War, by Winston S. Churchill
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team