Welcome to the 182nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Judge blocks New York Times on Project Veritas coverage, an uncommon restriction on any publication. It also requires returning or deleting relevant documents. 🚫
- Almost half of Afghan media closed since Taliban takeover. 📸
- 6,300 flights worldwide scrapped as Omicron hits Christmas weekend travel. ✈️
- Clashes between two rival security forces in port city of northeast Somalia forced hundreds of families to flee their homes. 🇸🇴
- 10,000 Russian troops reportedly withdraw from Ukraine border area. 🪖
- Argentina’s unemployment rate fell by 3.5% to 8.2% in third quarter. 🇦🇷
- Turkish Lira down more than 40% against the dollar year to date. Whipsawing after Erdogan’s speech presenting rescue plan. 📉
- Mozambique seeks first IMF loan after being suspended in 2016. Credit aimed at boosting economic recovery, poverty reduction, equity growth, and other nationwide development. 🇲🇿
- Greece’s economy projected to grow 5.0% in 2022 after expanding an expected 7.2% in 2021, according to the country’s central bank. 💹
- Commerce Department reports U.S. current account deficit widened 8.3% to $214.8 billion in third quarter. The largest deficit since 2006. 💰
- Will music NFTs ever get their PFP moment? 🎶
- Creepy, Crawling History of Insect Art – Through history and across cultures, bugs inspired artists and challenged viewers. 🪲
- Best-selling musical artist in the world in 1969, Johnny Cash sang of (and for) “forgotten Americans”: the imprisoned men of all races. 🎙
- The Disappearance of Japan’s “Third Gender”. 🇯🇵
- Eight-metre tall sculpture commemorating victims of bloody Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989, Pillar of Shame, by Danish artist Jens Galschiot dismantled by Chinese authorities. 🇨🇳
- Christmas cinema classic Buddy the Elf canceled by the woke. 🚫
- South African company has built a thruster system that could revolutionize the way satellites move in space. 🛰
- 3D-bioprinted tissues can now be stored in the freezer until needed. 🧊
- DeepMind’s new AI with a memory outperforms algorithms 25 times its size. 🤖
- How the launch of the James Webb Space Telescope will rest on a nail-biting knife edge. 🔪
- The world’s biggest offshore wind farm is up and running. 🌬
- Rocket carrying the $10 billion James Webb Telescope blasted off Christmas morning and powered up as planned. 🔭
- Chinese scientists develop AI ‘prosecutor’ that can press its own charges. 🇨🇳
- Consciousness in humans, animals, and Artificial Intelligence. 💭
- Bringing space inside the lab: Researchers replicate climates of Exoplanets to help find extraterrestrial life. 👽
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- ‘It’s Not An Either/Or’: Fauci suggests, Masks are forever, vaccinated or unvaccinated. 😷
- Researchers have identified high levels of three gut-produced toxic metabolites in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid samples of patients with multiple sclerosis. 🦠
- Drinking coffee, tea or both may help lower the risk of stroke and dementia. ☕️
- Human life span may have no limit, analysis of supercentenarians suggests. 📈
- Searching for a better treatment for eating disorders. 🔎
- Can doctors practice with mental health issues? 👩⚕️
- Resetting your relationship with food could decrease your waist size, improve your lifespan and help you age healthily. 🥗
- Updates on age to start and stop colorectal cancer screening. 🔬
- Interesting patterns of brain activity emerge during musical analysis exercises. 🧠
- How neurons that wire together fire together. 🆒
- Neurons in the olfactory cortex link smells to places. 🔁
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Whole-Plant cannabis extract reduces epileptic seizures by 86% in small study. 🌿
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta adds to chorus of cannabis research on autism in 2021. 🔬
- Scientists from Tel Aviv University demonstrated the positive effect of cannabis oils in animal models in a laboratory. 👩🔬
- CBD reduces glioblastoma’s size, supportive environment in experimental model. 🧪
- Israeli cannabis start-up leads way in killing cancer- study. 🇮🇱
- The Matrix, psychedelics, and consciousness. 🍄
- Mick Schumacher, the son of seven-time Formula One world champion, named Ferrari reserve driver for 2022. 🏎
- Euro 2022 can kickstart great leap forward for women’s football, as the hosts are contenders and game is championed as never before. ⚽️
- F1 rules must be ‘easier to understand’ to avoid controversy repeat, says Nico Rosberg. 🏁
- Sydney to Hobart yacht race: LawConnect takes lead from Scallywag after flurry of late withdrawals. ⛵️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- DOJ short-seller probe fails to silence activists. 📢
- How Shopify (NYSE: $SHOP) outfoxed Amazon to become the everywhere store. 🦊
- Rio Tinto (NYSE: $RIO) agrees to buy lithium mine in Argentina for $825 million in push into battery materials. ⛏
🚨 Investment Opportunity: HumanEdge 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Digital Enterprise Wellness Platform: HumanEdge
Excellent traction – 50k users, 250 cohorts, in 15 countries (Ogilvy, WPP, GSK, KPMG, Accenture, HSBC, Publicis Sapient, Netflix, and many more. 🏙
Personalized health and wellness insights and suggestions, with peer group comparison and measurable impact.
Proprietary tools integrate personalized data (CGM, HRV, EQ, etc) with employee assessments to provide daily biohacks and customized resources. 🧬
Raising $1.5m to further build their proprietary AI technology and commercial team.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are expected to debut during the holiday-disrupted week. The IPO lockup periods expire on Aerovate Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AVTE) on December 27 and Torrid Holdings (NYSE:CURV) on December 28. AVTE trades about 27% below its IPO pricing level, while CURV is more than 50% below its IPO pricing level. Pre-IPO shareholders with DiDi Global (NYSE:DIDI) will be allowed to sell their shares after a lock-up period expires. IPO lockup expirations have led to one-week share price gain in 68% of the expirations over the last two months.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.7% to 35,951. S&P 500 +2.3% to 4,726. Nasdaq +3.2% to 15,653. Russell 2000 +3.3% to 2,245. CBOE Volatility Index -16.7% to 17.96.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.6%. Utilities +0.2%. Financials +1.1%. Telecom +2.5%. Healthcare +1.4%. Industrials +1.8%. Information Technology +3.3%. Materials +1.2%. Energy +2.4%. Consumer Discretionary +3.8%.
London +1.4% to 7,372. France +2.3% to 7,087. Germany +1.5% to 15,756. Japan +0.8% to 28,783. China -0.4% to 3,618. Hong Kong +0.1% to 23,224. India +0.2% to 57,124.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.% to $73.72/bbl. Gold +0.3% to $1,810.1/oz. Natural Gas -1.7% to 3.626. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.% to 130.5.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.75%. USD/JPY +0.6%. GBP/USD +1.18%. Bitcoin +11.1%. Litecoin +13.1%. Ethereum +5.7%. XRP +19.2%.
Top Stock Gainers
Society Pass Incorporated (NASDAQ:SOPA) +354%. Biofrontera Inc (NASDAQ:BFRI) +91%. Bluerock Residential Growth Rei (NYSE:BRG) +85%. Biondvax Pharma ADR (NASDAQ:BVXV) +81%. Galera Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:GRTX) +69%.
Top Stock Losers
Allakos Inc (NASDAQ:ALLK) -87%. Adagio Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ADGI) -39%. Aldeyra Therapeu (NASDAQ:ALDX) -38%. Zhangmen Education Inc ADR (NYSE:ZME) -36%. Summit Therapeu ADR (NASDAQ:SMMT) -36%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
📖 Word Of The Week:
A huckster – Is a person who is aggressive or dishonest in selling.
The jewelry that the huckster was peddling was obviously imitation.
❔ Did You Know:
Indians spend 10+ hours a week reading, more than any other country in the world. 📚
Social media and digital consumption have become so overwhelmingly popular in most parts of the world that it’s easy to forget that for some people, reading is still a primary form of entertainment. The average Indian spends 10 hours and 42 minutes per week reading. Compare that to America’s five hours and 42 minutes per week. The other countries filling out the top five are Thailand, China, the Philippines, and Egypt.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Wizard and the Prophet: Two Remarkable Scientists and Their Dueling Visions to Shape Tomorrow’s World – Charles C. Mann
- The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure – Jonathan Haidt
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence – Michael Pollan
- Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell – Eric Schmidt
- The Silk Roads: A New History of the World –
Patient: Someone vandalized my house last night!
Doctor: Okay, but why are you telling me about this?
Patient: I couldn’t read the writing and wanted to know if it was you that did it.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Masters in Business: Max Chafkin on Thiel & Technology (a great listen). 🎧
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.