Welcome to the 134th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
2020 has been challenging, but we still have a lot to be thankful for — and we are especially grateful to our IBR readers. See you next year! ?
Here’s a shortlist (light version) of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- How China lost patience with Jack Ma, its loudest billionaire.
- Andrew Yang files paperwork to run for New York Mayor.
- The SPAC short boom is on its way.
- The super-wealthy still has money to buy Picassos — which, along with low-interest rates, made art more attractive this year.?
- Ghost boat carrying 1,400 pounds of cocaine washes up on remote Pacific island.
- What Netflix’s involvement in Nigeria’s massive film industry really means.?
- Hindsight Bias: Why we make terrible life choices.?
- Why we’re posting about misinformation more than ever.
- Diabetes – The silent epidemic that is three times as deadly as COVID. (this is such a massive problem)
- Apple targets car production by 2024 and eyes ‘next level’ battery technology.
- 2020 in neuroscience, longevity, and AI—and what’s to come.
- Handbags, hamburgers, bricks — how mushrooms can be the ultimate sustainable material.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How are ‘super-agers’ protected from Alzheimer’s and mental decline??
- Anti-Diarrhea drug drives cancer cells to cell death.
- AI-designed serotonin sensor may help scientists study sleep and mental health.
- Eliminating senescent cells to improve heart attack recovery.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Hall of Famer Kevin Greene, third all-time in sacks, dies at 58.?
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. ?
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- SEC sues Ripple and two executives for selling XRP crypto: A $1.3 billion securities fraud.
- Luckin Coffee ( ADR – OTCMKTS: LKNCY) agrees to pay $180 Million to settle SEC fraud charges.
Bitcoin (BTC-USD) broke through $24K in a big way on Christmas day, and then took out $25K, $26K, $27K and $28K over the ensuing 36 hours, before pulling back.
- Very very few…
What moved in the markets last week:
Dow +0.1% to 30,200. S&P 500 -0.2% to 3,703. Nasdaq +0.4% to 12,805. Russell 2000 +1.7% to 2,004. CBOE Volatility Index -0.2% to 21.53.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.2%. Utilities -1.%. Financials +1.9%. Telecom -1.1%. Healthcare -1.%. Industrials -0.6%. Information Technology +0.8%. Materials -0.5%. Energy -2.%. Consumer Discretionary -0.9%.
London -0.4% to 6,502. France -0.1% to 5,522. Germany -0.3% to 13,587. Japan -0.4% to 26,657. China +0.1% to 3,397. Hong Kong -0.4% to 26,387. India +0.% to 46,974.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -1.6% to $48.3/bbl. Gold -0.3% to $1,882.9/oz. Natural Gas -6.3% to 2.53. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.2% to 137.91.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.37%. USD/JPY +0.18%. GBP/USD +0.22%. Bitcoin +4.1%. Litecoin +13.1%. Ethereum -4.7%. Ripple -35.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Air T (NASDAQ:AIRT) +249%. Foresight Autonomous (NASDAQ:FRSX) +199%. Ageagle Aerial Systems (NYSEMKT:UAVS) +104%. Addex Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ADXN) +102%. Organovo Holdings (NASDAQ:ONVO) +101%.
Top Stock Losers
Ashford Hospitality Trust (NYSE:AHT) -37%. Tuanche (NASDAQ:TC) -36%. Mesoblast (NASDAQ:MESO) -36%. Mingzhu Logistics Holdings (NASDAQ:YGMZ) -34%. CRH Medical (NYSEMKT:CRHM) -26%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The key to success for everything in business, science, and technology is never to follow the others.”
? Word Of The Week:
Virulent adj. Extremely severe or harmful in its effects. Bitterly hostile or antagonistic; hateful. “Virulent criticism.”
❔ Did You Know:
The Caesar salad started in a Mexican city called Tijuana. Restaurateur Chef Caesar Cardini was hosting a 4th of July celebration. He ran out of food, and simply threw the ingredients he had lying around the kitchen into a unique salad. Obviously, it was a huge success.
The Caesar dressing is actually supposed to be a vinaigrette. It is made by combining minced garlic and anchovies into a bowl, which is then mixed with raw egg. Olive oil is progressively added to the mixture and the remaining ingredients (lime juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard) are added in. The resulting hue of the dressing should be yellow, not the fake white version you commonly find in supermarkets.?
? Books We Are Reading
5 Books Elon Musk Thinks You Should Read:
- ‘Benjamin Franklin: An American Life‘ by Walter Isaacson
- ‘Structures: Or Why Things Don’t Fall Down‘ by J.E. Gordon
- ‘Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies‘ by Nick Bostrom
- ‘Our Final Invention‘ by James Barrat
- ‘Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence‘ by Max Tegmark
Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.
?? Must Watch or Listen
- The Beatles: Get Back – A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson.
? Upcoming Events:
Have an interesting upcoming event you would like to share?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team