Welcome to the 84th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Just 3 days until 2020!🎉🥳
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Facebook is a right-wing company, Peter Thiel’s growing influence.
- Spain’s businesses worried by prospect of radical left in power. (Sad but very true, look for economic growth to go negative…)
- ‘Mockery of justice’ after Saudis convict eight over Khashoggi killing.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wins party primary.
- The S&P 500, considered the broadest stock market index, has had a return of 50 percent over the first three years of the Trump presidency.📈
- Shadow of Brexit still looms over economy: experts debate the data.
- Fender is reinventing itself for the future of music while holding onto its past. 🎸
- Officially called an “annular eclipse”, this phenomenon happens when a new moon passes in front of the sun. This year’s was one of the most photogenic in memory. See pics.🌞
- Too Much News: Google compiled search trends for many of the big stories of 2019. The chart shows how quickly stories seem to fade from the public conscience.
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Recycling: Modern recycling was designed to deflect responsibility from the largest producers of waste.
- Hundreds of ‘pink slime’ local news outlets are distributing algorithmic stories and conservative talking points.
- Brain scans show how “collective narration” shapes our memories. 🧠
- This brain region lights up when people display confirmation bias.
- How introverts can learn to network effectively.🤝
- How to make better decisions, according to science.🤔
- Yellow dye in turmeric linked with lead poisoning in Bangladesh.
- Don Imus, former Fox Business host and radio legend, dead at 79.
- He lost both feet in the mountains— and he survived.
- Chuck Todd has had a front-row seat for the spread of disinformation. Here’s how he sees it happening and the media’s role in it.
- The 11 most important tech cities in the U.S.
- Robots, hominids and superconductors: 10 remarkable papers from 2019.
- The 84 biggest flops, fails and dead dreams of the decade in tech.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- For the past 10 years, life science has moved us closer to a complete understanding of what makes us human. 🔬
- Longevity linked to proteins that calm over excited neurons.⌚
- Nature’s 10: Ten people who mattered in science in 2019.
- As researchers learn more about how exercise fights chronic ills like heart disease and diabetes, doctors may soon treat physical activity as the powerful medicine it is. 💪
- Artificial intelligence tracks down leukemia.
- Winding the body’s clock: Medicines and other small molecules may play a role in fixing rhythms gone awry. (I see so many struggle with sleep management)
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Canada’s cannabis policy makes it an international rebel on drug treaties.
- Israel to accelerate medical cannabis research with hi-tech incubator.
- Fifty-three years after LSD was banned by the FDA, psychedelic drugs are making a comeback.
- Denver’s psilocybin mushroom policy review panel set to launch in January.
- Israeli medical cannabis startup finds way to get full weed benefits, without the smoke.
- Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid, and Italy’s Juventus are the best-paid teams in world sports. 💰
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies.Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place.
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here. 💹
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Uber’s ex-CEO Travis Kalanick has dumped 90% of his stock in just six weeks.
- Tesla hits Musk’s controversial ‘funding secured’ $420 a share target.
- DraftKings goes public in a $3.3-billion deal.
- Dow, S&P rally to all-time highs as Santa rally keeps delivering on Wall Street.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) –
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ) – up 40% on volume since our mention just 10 days ago.
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) – Some big volume – calm before the 2020 storm?
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) – more press here (with some factual errors)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ”The greatest medicine of all is teaching people how not to need it.” –
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Tenacity (noun) – The quality or fact of being very determined. “You have to admire the tenacity of these two guys”
❔ Did You Know:
- The Great Plague killed a third of Europe’s population or roughly 25 million people, which was around a third of the entire population of Europe in the 15th Century. This particularly affected London because of the narrow streets and lack of sanitation. During this time, men known as Searchers shouted out ‘Bring out your dead’ all through the summer of 1665. They carted away dead bodies and threw them in mass burial pits. Some of which Londoners are still discovering to this day.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Who Made That Decision: You or an Algorithm? Watch it here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
A few of Jeff’s favorites from 2019:
- The Great Wall: China Against the World, 1000BC – AD 2000
- Insight: The Surprising Truth About How Others See Us, How We See Ourselves, and Why the Answers Matter More Than We Think
- The Demon Under the Microscope: From Battlefield Hospitals to Nazi Labs, One Doctor’s Search for the World’s First Miracle Drug
- Trust and Reciprocity: Interdisciplinary Lessons for Experimental Research
- Chernobyl 01:23:40: The Incredible True Story of the World’s Worst Nuclear Disaster
🤣 One Liners:
- @TheCatWhisprer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the terms and conditions I do not read.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming 2020! 💪
The IBR Team