Welcome to the 31st edition of The Weekly Bull Report. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Former President George H.W. Bush dies at 94. RIP.
- G20 summary.
- Trump says if House Democrats “go down the presidential harassment track”, he could declassify documents from Robert Mueller’s probe that he said would show Democrats were setting him up.
- Democrats have nominated Nancy Pelosi to be speaker of the House, despite earlier opposition.
- Overdraft fees haven’t been this bad since the Great Recession. Consumers paid $34.3 billion fees in 2017. ?
- DJ Khaled and Floyd Mayweather Jr. were charged by the SEC for promoting a cryptocurrency offering. Read more. The fraud.
- General Motors says it will trim 14,000 jobs and shutter five North American plants in a massive restructuring. ?
- Southwest Airlines apologized after gate agent allegedly made fun of a passenger’s name: Abcde. The agent took a photo of the boarding pass and posted it on social media.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra got married this weekend at a palace in India. Their love story.?
- Quentin Tarantino is married. The director married Daniella Pick, an Israeli singer and model. Both Tarantino, 55, and Pick, 35, have not been married before.?
- Elton John fans aren’t happy after his concert was cancelled thirty minutes after it was slated to start. The reason. ?
- Top investor in China warns of “bumpy road” for tech industry. Neil Shen’s words.
- Volkswagen plans on opening a new plant in North America for electric cars. ?
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company scraps plans for an underground tunnel in Westside L.A. Why?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Chinese scientists are creating CRISPR babies: The big project. And then unrepentant scientist He Jiankui apologizes for sparking global controversy, but says he is proud of his achievement. ?
- For Mayo scientist, spinal-injury research is personal. Find out why. ????
- Researchers have found an effective target in the brain for electrical stimulation to improve mood in people suffering from depression. Read more. ⚡
- Leaning Tower of Pisa has corrected itself: Four centimeters of bonus straightening have occurred since 2001.
- This is why most people want to delete Facebook: It has nothing to do with privacy.
- The list of most popular baby names for 2018 is out. The winners: Sophia and Jackson.
- First Lady Melania Trump unveiled the annual Christmas decorations at the White House. This year, the theme is “American Treasures”.
- Tiger Woods said he’s “worn out physically, mentally, emotionally” after a busy year that saw him win his first tournament in five years. His statement. ?️♂️
- A classic NBA scoring duel between the Washington Wizards and Houston Rockets ended with the Wizards on top, 135-131 in OT. ?
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury fight to a controversial draw in one of the greatest heavyweight boxing contests of all time. Discover the details. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Canadian giant Canopy (NYSE: CGC), along with UK investor Jim Mellon and others, backs medical marijuana trials.?
Our very own doctor, Dr. Anna, did an internship with British billionaire Jim Mellon last summer. Stay tuned… ?
- Stocks surged after Fed Chair Jerome Powell indicated he may stop, or at least ease, raising interest rates. The Dow rose 600 points. ?
- Microsoft ($MSFT) briefly surpassed Apple ($AAPL) in market cap for the first time in eight years. ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – Roy T. Bennett
? Word Of The Week:
- Overdraft – Noun: Extension of credit from a lending institution when an account reaches zero. An overdraft allows the individual to continue withdrawing money even if the account has no funds in it or not enough to cover the withdrawal.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: The 50-star American flag was designed by a high school student. His teacher originally gave him a B-.
- On this day in history: December 3, 1989 – Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev and US President George H. W. Bush, declare the Cold War over. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Shape of the Ruins
By Juan Gabriel Vásquez
The protagonist is pulled into a web of potential conspiracy in Colombia by a radio host named Carballo. His journey through the dark terrain of his country’s past dynamically illustrates how fiction can address truths history omits.
- She Has Her Mother’s Laugh: The Powers, Perversions, and Potential of Heredity
This magisterial history covers virtually all aspects of the study of heredity. As it takes on topics that include the discredited science of eugenics and the emerging science of epigenetics, it shows how far humans have come, while also conveying how far there is to go, in understanding our individual and collective lineage.
? Feel Good Monday:
- The new Lion King trailer was designed for maximum nostalgia. Watch.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @jalmeida1: I hate when I go to the kitchen looking for food, and all I find is ingredients.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna
P.S. Tomorrow, 04/12/2018, we will publish our report on AIS Resources. Drilling is underway and results will be published very soon. Should they hit, this will be huge. ?